Hello, My name is Lynette. I really want to get back into running again. I was pretty hard core with it when I was in my early 30's, but since my first 1/2 marathon 9 years ago I've slowly gained back the 100lbs I worked so hard to get rid of! Running kept me sane. I want to depend on it again. I am working my way up to my my big goal. I want to run a 1/2 marathon for my 40th birthday. I already signed up for one--November 13th, in Malibu, CA. It's a day after my 40th. I just started hitting the road again. I ran (well more like a slow jog with a few walk breaks squeezed in there) 2 miles yesterday. I switched over to motion control shoes too. Hoping that will help my knees handle to pressure more. I'd love to hear about anyone else's experiences.
My other goals are:
1. Lose 100 lbs by March 2012
2. Lose 30 lbs by June so I can REALLY start my 1/2 marathon training
3. Run a 5 K in June
4. Run a 1/2 Marathon in Nov 2011
5. Run full Marathon in March 2012
6. Run fun races all year long in 2012
7. Never have to lose 100lbs again!
| current weight: 234.0