|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:|
1. Husband left me for a bimbo a little over 2 years ago after 27 years of marriage.
2. No divorce yet--he is broke now (bimbo is high maintenance).
3. A blessing from him leaving is my son who is autistic found new independence.
4. I love animals, Willie Nelson, and stromboli.
5. I have a warped sense of humor.
6. I am struggling with moving forward--what to do next.
7. My stomach arrives 10 minutes before I do.
8. I have never been on a plane.
9. I live in Pennsylvania.
10.I have a big heart!
Edited by: RGIORDANO at: 5/19/2015 (15:44)
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday
1. I've been single for 5 years now.
2. The divorce was ugly, but I learned a lot and I am doing very well.
3. I live in Missouri
4. I grew up in Michigan
5. My brain is finally making the connection between my weight and the wear and tear on my knees!
6. I am dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia
7. The calendar says I am 53, my body feels like it is 73, and my attitude feels like it is 33!
8. I am a people person... I love to laugh and have fun
9. In my quiet time I enjoy reading and crochet
10. I love to try new recipes!!!
1. I have been a widow now for almost 4 years.
2. quit smoking
4. bought a Harley Davidson and ride in bad sledding weather.
5. live in Michigan
6. I am 6 foot 3 and I was tipping the scales around 300 Lbs.
7. but now I am on my way to a smaller waist size.
8. go to the gym 5 days a week now.
9. have two house dogs that drive me crazy.
10. trying to stay away from processed sugar
1. I am a Christian
2. I am single but don't want to be anymore
3. I have grown kids and lots of grand kids
4. I'm trying to be Vegan
5. I LOVE music and talk in song -ALL the time
6. I LOVE people
7. I like to be active but don't like to do things alone
8. I just moved to a new city and I'm trying to adjust and make friends
9. I watch WAY to much TV
10. I am trying to be someone who meditates - it's hard!
1. I am not single, I am independent !
2. I am not childless, I am child free.
3. I love movies.
4. I love to read.
3. I suffer from Binge Eating Disorder.
4. I am an educator.
5. I am an atheist.
6. I am surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty each and every day.
7. I meditate.
8. I love to learn new things.
9. I am considering transitioning to a new career.
COPING WITH BINGE EATING DISORDERS (BED): TEAM CO-LEADER
ndividual.asp?gid=63516 HEALING A FATTY LIVER: TEAM CO-LEADER
ndividual.asp?gid=47542 EAT WHEN HUNGRY, STOP AT ENOUGH: BE A NORMAL EATER: TEAM C0-LEADER www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
ndividual.asp?gid=62985 CO_LEADER: 3 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR TODAY www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
1. I'm a Christian
2. No Children
3. I teach dance
4. I suffer from chronic migraines
5. I love to travel
6. I love to read
7. I hate to cook and rarely do (trying to change that)
8. I love riding roller coasters even though I'm not suppose to as I have a brain tumor.
9. I'm a only child
10. I'm really not a foodie, I just like the wrong foods
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!!!!!!
1. I am recently divorced
2. I am a Christian
3. I have lived in Illinois most of my life, was in NC for 10 years.
4. I have 3 children, set of twins
5. I am a office administrator, lots of sitting all day!
6. I am 52
7. I have 3 brothers, and 1 sister
8. I am a very outgoing person
9. I like to go on walks and hikes
10. I am looking forward to losing weight and getting healthy again!
Hi! OK, Here goes:
1. Had Gastric Bypass Surgery in 2006 and gained 39% back so here I am!
2. Originally from NY, but moved to Florida in 1988
3. Turned 50 years old in September while in Rome for a family vacation
4. I am the youngest of 6 with 5 older brothers.
5. I have been single all my life (see #4 and you will understand!! J/K Love my brothers dearly)
6. I am a devout Catholic and volunteer as much time as my life allows
7. I am a Logistics Manager
8. I want to learn to Ball Room dance (Not too many people know this about me)
9. I have lost more weight in my lifetime than I weigh right now!
10. I love interaction with people. I could never work from home as a steady diet!
Lord, help me to make this the last time!!! :)
Hello-It's freezing here today, trying to stay in!!!
1. Originally from OH, now in Texas, 79605
2. My name is Steve (smd5573)
3. I have lost 54 pounds with SP-Yea
4. I love doubles tennis
4. I love group aerobics, zumba, step, etc
5. I love to 2-step, jitterbug, schottisch, Cotton Eye Joe, waltz
6. I love Jesus Christ
7. I am trying to love reading
8. I can hunt, fish, shoot guns. altho i have, I don't like killing animals.
9. I love community, meeting new people and motivate others to lose weight
10. I am blessed in what I have and strive to limit stress
Love conqures all
Hello - I just joined and liked this thread. So:
1 I work full-time.
2 I have one child.
3. I joined a gym.
4. I have a lot of stress.
5. I like to garden.
6. I like to cook.
7. I like family time.
8. I like to travel.
9. I like to read.
10. I like the arts: music, plays, art, dance.
- I work.
- I kayak .
- I love winter - this year a bit much though.
- no kids
- never happier than when I am planning a trip.
- I speak French language.
- Walking in rain makes me happy.
- A bear once visited my tent.
- I paint pictures.
- I love to hibernate and read.
Edited by: BURLGURL at: 1/22/2014 (15:45)
get 'er done. cashmere and plaid. resort.
Hi I just joined this team and thought I'd post here first.
10 Things About Me
- I have never been married
- I work full time as a paramedic
- I have a dog and a cat
- I love chocolate
- I will complete a M.A. in Professional Counseling in August 2014
- I love to sing
- I am looking forward to reading for pleasure again, instead of for school
- I am the choir director at my church
- I love NCIS...all of them
- I love the way exercise makes me feel, but I hate to exercise
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Hi my name is Vicki
1. I am recently divorced - was a widow for 8 years then married
2. I have two grown sons and 6 grandchildren with another on the way
3. Just recently started using Sparkpeople after a two year absence
4. I am 57 years old
5. Have worked for the same company for 32 years
6. Live on a farm and though not a farmer I do raise some nice vegetables
7. Trying to get back my girlish figure lol!!
8. Very active in church and church activities
9. I have a basset hound who is soon to be 14 years old but still very active
10.Hope to meet my weight loss goals for a healthier me
Hi to everyone and looking forward to getting back on track -
1. I am divorced.
2. Mother to two daugthers.
3. Nana to 6 precious little ones.
4. Love to travel.
5. Been with the same company for 16 years.
6. Will hopefully retire in 11 years.
7. Have a kitten, Lucy"fur" as my son in law calls her.
8. WILL reach my weight loss goal.
9. Like reading the motivational messages for you all.
10. Love spending time outdoors in the yard, walking or just sitting in my porch swing.
1) I am a Christian
2) I live in the North East
3) I work in local government
4) I am looking forward to retirement in a few years
5) I am looking to move to another state when I retire - haven't decided where yet
6) I am happy to be a part of the SparkPeople family
7) I have 2 dogs and a guinea pig
8) I love I love old movies
9) I have a Harley-Davidson sportster
10) I will lose the 20 lbs to make my goal!
Blessings to you
"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"
Hi everyone here are the 10 thingsyou don't know about me ;
1. my name is Carmen
2 I am divorced
3 I have 4 dogs
4 I am obese
5 I amn constant pain
6 I have 5 grown up kids , 4 sons and 1 daughter ,and 6 grandkids
7 I became a grandma at 40
8 I love to cook ,but hate cooking for only myself
9 I love sweets , I have a very sweet tooth
10 I live in Florida since 1980 and I am from Puerto Rico , I am bilingual
I am starting a journey , I want to find myself ,find my courage , find the person , I know I am and I was meant to be , I want to walk everyday free of pain and shame and I want to feel good without this extra skin , extra weight ,or this folds of skin that sweat like crazy , I want to smile more and set small goals and reach them , it is time to stop been afraid of my weight , and how I look and feel, I know I can do it and I know I will do it by next year I will be a smaller version of me .
Hi all gorgeous single fifties - I wrote ten things three years ago, but I will do it all over to see what comes up...
1. I am still swedish and need to tell it on this boeard partly to explain the "weird" english, partly because I experience a big culture gap between americans and europeans...
2. I am very on-off in my view of myself, one day I truly love me, the next I hate me... not very balanced in my personality I guess.
3. I am a survivor of breastcancer (so far...) and need to remind myself daily that the experience taught me that I DO want to live.
4. I have a bad suicidal streak that I am leraned to take seriously and seek help with when it becomes too strong.
5. I have had one longlasting relationship which ended in catastrophy and maybe it has taken me this long (eight years) to recover.
6. I am attending a songwriting course at the university and it gives me unexpected joy.
7. I support myself by being the business editorof a local newspaper.
8. I have started acting at a theatre and trying to establish myself as a stand-up-comedian.
9. I am severely obese and it is starting to limit my life too much. I have been overweight all my life but up until a couple of years ago it was merely a cosmetic problem, today it starts to affect my health - REALLY need to change it.
10. I have managed some big health steps before - I stopped smoking at the age of 38 (23 years ago) and stopped drinking eight years ago.
"Trust God and buy broccoli."
1. will be fifty in a couple of months so this seemed a better spot for me than the 40s
2. i feel like I'm fifty although thanks to being fat, no wrinkles yet
3. #2 might possibly change
4. underemployed and need to update job skills but that's always true in my field
5. eating healthy for me is tied to exercise
6. it's hard for me to make exercise a habit but I enjoy it when I engage
7. i'd like to dress better and know how to sew but investing sewing time in fat clothes bothers me
8. i have a doberman and a son, or a son and a doberman, or a son with a doberman, it's really his
9. i'm starting a garden
10. i need to be more socially engaged and less of a homebody
1 my name is Angie
2 i will be 50 next month
3 i have 3 grown children
4 i love music
5 I live in Michigan
6 this is my second time at SP
7 I hope to help motivate others the way that i need motivation
8 one of my goals is to get a bicycle and start riding with my son this spring
9 I am a compulsive eater--happy sad--depressed--stressed you name it ..its a good time to eat
10 I am SOOOO ready for spring
I've been a member of Sparkpeople but just today decided to actually use the site! I set up goals and joined a challenge and your team! Thank you for having me.
Edited by: P-NOT-P at: 2/28/2013 (21:29)
1. Hi, my name is Nan.
2. I am 50.
3. Originally from Philly, I am an honorary New Yorker for the past 16 years.
4. I have one son, 12 years old.
5. I am lucky enough to say I have a stable career and secure job.
6. I believe that laughter cures all ills.
7. I enjoy movies, the arts, books, and nature.
8. I need to learn about forgiveness in all its aspects.
9. I generally enjoy life.
10. I have to turn around this frame of mind I'm in and lose this weight - gotta drop 101 and keep it off.
I was already over weight when I got pregnant 12 years ago and then I gained weight with my pregnancy and never took it off. Left the hospital 29 pounds lighter than I am right now! I want to go way, way back to the correct weight for my height which I was for a period in my life before I started just indulging in all these terrible habits I have. All of my self discipline is gone! I keep telling myself, 'baby steps, baby steps,' but I don't seem to be able to make even that much progress. I keep arranging things (juicer, produce bins, exercise equipment, etc.) and not just starting. I don't know what I need to do to just make myself START.
Thanks for listening.
Edited by: P-NOT-P at: 2/28/2013 (21:15)
1. Hi. My name is Cheryl.
2. I moved back to PA 'bout 2 years ago from NC.
3. Grew up in PA and am definitely a yankee! lol
4. Have 1 son, 1 daughter, 2 grandsons and 2 step-granddaughters.
5. Have 2 rescued cats.
6. Have 1 9-month old German Shepherd.
7. Am currently unemployed (yeck).
8. I enjoy movies, reading, hiking, painting, crocheting, quilting.
9. I want to lose these last 20 (or so) pounds, but want to do it while toning my old wrinkly body.
10. I need someone to help keep me on track (but not in a nagging kind of way).
It's never too late to be what you were meant to be. -- George Elliott
1. MY name is Bonni
2. I work with special need adults after 18 years in Law enforcement
3. I try to keep others happy
4. The biggest decision I ever made was to pick up and move 5 years ago from IN to TX
5. I never had a weight problem until hit my 30's. (I was a single mom in college)
6. I have a beautiful, wonderful, newly married daughter in IN
7. I eat when I am happy, sad, mad, and even if I am already full
8. I have a wonderful support system of friends
9. I NEED to do this
10. It is now time for me to take responsibility for my own actions
1. My name is Cherry
2. I am a Christian
3. I have eleven children (only 2 still at home)
4. I will have 20 grandchildren this year
5. I just turned 50
6. I home schooled my kids
7. I am now in college myself (associate in Marketing, earning a bachelors in Dietetics)
8. Divorced in 2011 and just starting to date again
9. I am en emotional eater and want to find the best program to conquer this!
10. I'm ready for the challenge!
Praise God for his mercies endure forever.
1. Hi my name is Lisa
2. I now live in Modesto, CA use to live in MA
3. I am 51
4. Finally in control of my weight but still want to lose 20 lbs more
5. Enjoy walking and have been on some hikes in the mountains...my new passion hiking.
6. Love the ocean...grew up near the ocean back East in MA so I enjoy swimming.
7. Enjoy driving and want to see all the states some day.
8. My only daughter is having her first baby soon so I am in Oregon waiting upon the the new arrival. Very excited even though I will be called Grandma! LOL
9. Enjoy writing poems when the spirit moves me.
10. Love Calvary Chapel Modesto...Pastor Damian is filled with the Holy Spirit it moves me!
I choose to succeed with a positive attitude all things are possible! Hugs
Hi Deanna, this is Brenda from PA.
Life is good, and is getting better....
1. Hi my name is Deanna
2. I live in Salina, KS
3. I am 53 and I have no kids and I've never been married.
4. I live with my mom and take care of her.
5. I am a cad operator and design parts for company's
6. I love to read.
7. I like to crochet.
8. I would like to retire soon so I can travel with my mom. There are many places she would like to see.
9. I garden during the summer. I grow tomatoes and cucumbers.
10. I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers, and many nieces and nephews.
1. Hi I am Brenda and live in Pennsylvania.
2. I have been separated since October of 2011.
3. I work at home full time as a Project Manager.
4. I have 7 year old twin boys.
5. I have 6 children altogether, but 4 are grown and long gone out of the house.
6. I moved from VA in December of 2011 after living there 8 months.
7. I was born and raised in PA but had moved to Delaware in 2005, then to VA in 2011.
8. Moved back to PA to be close to my family once again. I am home.
9. Reading is one of my likes. Shopping is good too.
10. I love summer and hanging out at the swim club with my boys.
Life is good, and is getting better....
1.Hi, I'm Carol.
2. I live in Canterbury, England
3. I've never married and have no children
4. I adore spending time with my close friends
5. I am a contented singleton
6.I have a craft workshop at home and make fused glass jewellery, polymer clay jewellery and also mosaics which I sell
7. I work part time as a nurse
8. I am big Eddie Izzard fan as I have a surreal sense of the ridiculous
9. I'm a comfort eater
10. I currently weigh 109kg ( having lost 5 kg ) and have another 39kg to go.........
1. Hi - I'm Robin
2. I am a Christian by faith and a Baptist by denomination.
3. I actually am comfortable with being single - but am not against a future relationship.
4. I have no children but my 21 year old nephew has lived with me since he was born. Empty nest soon?
5. I enjoy cooking and love to eat - so how did I get this overweight?
6. I love being a teacher of high schoolers with special needs.
7. Two cats live with me but they are not mine.
8. I enjoy stamping & making cards but find less & less time for it
9. I recently discovered the joy of Wii dance
10. I love to laugh and enjoy puns and silly jokes
Edited by: ROBINRS at: 6/10/2012 (09:10)
I will post in hopes this team is still active
1. My name is actually Dorothy, but Dot is what I am called
2. I have given birth 3 times, 2 girls and 1 boy
3. My husband of 38 yrs died last year quite suddenly
4. I was doing well in losing weight until his death
5. I will turn 57 in May
6. I need all the help I can get to get back on track
7. My Boston Terrier puppy give me reason to laugh daily
8. Looking forward to meeting others my age
9. Three more years and I retire
10. I love going to Disney World when I can
Goal: To do better today.
Treasure the past, live in the present and believe in the future.
1. My name is Sandy
2. I am close enough to 50 to call it a done deal !
3. I have no children, however I have a furry cat who thinks he is a child.
4. I am retiring from my full time job in 2 weeks and will begin crafting full time and getting my life in order.
5. I am involved with a younger man who is hot but I will remain single. LOL
6. I live in Northern California
7. I want to lose 50 pounds and lower my BMI below the Obese category which is devastating to the ego.
8. I plan to go to the gym 4 - 5 days a week and actually sleeping 8 hours a night
9. I plan to pass my free time by seeing friends.
10. I struggle with pretty sever back and neck pain so I plan to try yoga.
1) My name is Marilyn
2) I am 57 yrs old.
3) I have 4 adult children
4) I have 7 Grandchildren
5) I am a widow since Dec 2010.
6) I have been on SparkPeople before but used different username.
7) I like to read Debbie Macomber books.
8) I need to lose 70 lbs but my goal is to lose 5 lbs. After losing first 5 lbs will set new goal for another 5 lbs.
9) I live in Lawrence, KS
10) I am riding a stationary bike for ten minutes per day this week and will change to 15 starting Sunday.
1.) MY NAME IS dEB
2.) i AM 56
3.) i HAVE ONE CHILD ( HE'S 37) BILL
4.) i HAVE ONE GRANDCHILD ( HE'S 16 ) PATRICK
5.) i HAVE A sIAMESE CAT 19 YEARS OLD, HER NAME IS SAUSCHA
6.) i HAVE A BLACK LAB THAT LOVES TO GO ON MY WALK RUNS, HE'S 8, HIS NAME IS hUBERT
7.0 i LOVE TO MEDITATE TO KWAN YIN AND THE CHAKRAS
8.) I ENJOY EXERCISE, BIKING, WALKING, HIKING,SWIMMING
9.) I AM FROM PA
10.) I LOVE YO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND KEEP THE OLD ONES
It's the ATTITUDE, not the APTITUDE, that determines the ALTITUDE
When my HEART and SOUL is in whatever I want to have success with, I can accomplish miricles
1. My name is Michelle
2. I am 53.
3. I have 5 adult children and 5 grandkids and another one on the way. Only 1 Princess and the rest are Princes.
4. I live in the middle of Canada, but came from Vancouver so I miss the ocean and mountains.
5. I am divorced.
6. I used to work with Canada Customs and really enjoyed my job and travels.
7. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor/host of other ailments in March 2011 so have not worked for over a year and I miss my job and the comraderie.
8. I have started buying and fixing old furniture, retro and all kinds and I give them away after they are recovered or painted. I enjoy doing this and get pleasure when I give to people who need whatever the item is. My last project was recovering 6 dining chairs and replacing screws etc. I was never one for being too handy but I go to auctions, flea markets and find treasures and fix them up.
9. I have a computer science degree.
10. I love to laugh and used to enjoy dancing.
1. My name is Lee Ann
2. I'm 52
3. I have a daughter, 18, and a son, 15
4. I have lived in Texas most of my life
5. I have been divorced for two years
6. I have 45 more pounds to lose, no deadline just pure determination
7. I have lost 25 pounds since August
8. I am a youth leader and have 15 "adopted" teenagers who keep me young
9. Next summer I'm going snorkeling, not sure where
10. I'm not shy; I'm careful
Ten Things About Me...
1. My name is Kalyn
2. I'll be 50 in January
3. I live in Texas and have all my life
4. I'm divorced
5. I have two absolutely WONDERFUL boys (young men) in college
6. I work in the local school district. Been here 13 years
7. I'm from a big family and we're all really close
8. Been at this losing weight business for entirely too long
9. I'm pretty outspoken/blunt
10. I need/want to lose 75 pounds by May when my oldest graduates TLU.
Watch your thoughts;
the become words.
Watch your words;
they become actions.
Watch your actions;
they become habits.
Watch your habits;
they become character.
Watch your character;
it becomes your destiny.
The more you gripe, the longer God lets you live!
Ten Things About Me....what a great idea to get to know one another!
1. My name is Teresa.
2. I just turned 50 in September!
3. I've lived in So. Calif. all my life...4th generation Californian actually.
4. I am single, never married, no kids, but still am hopeful of finding a great guy.
5. I have been a teacher for 24 years....16 in junior high, the last 8 in high school.
6. I have been overweight all my life and need to lose 100+ pounds.
7. I love to read, travel--just went to Europe in Sept., and am a huge sportsfan!
8. I hate to exercise so am trying to find something I would enjoy doing.
9. I don't like the taste of most fruits and vegetables,so eating healthy has always been a struggle.
10. I'm from a huge family, but have always been kind of a loner. Hope joining this site will inspire me to be more sociable:)
Edited by: WORLDSERIES11 at: 11/10/2011 (15:31)
in So. Calif.
When you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
--C. S. Lewis
You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
10 things about me
1. name is lorraine
2. live in Alberta, Canada
3. work as Administrative Assistant
4. dream of travelling to greece (once they get back on their feet),
5 want to go on hot air balloon ride
6 need to loose 100 lbs
7 challenging to get started and find something I truly enjoy doing to loose weight and have fun
8 lost oldest brother 11/13/2009, lost my best friend 12/11/10 and my mom 02/08/11 - they were my rocks :) the 3 people that I got advice from ... ..
9 want a challenging fun career
10 need good friends
Edited by: HEALTHNUT2009 at: 11/8/2011 (14:23)
well try your best to be healthy
10 things about me.
1- My name is Suzanne
2- Live in Manchester, NH
3- 2 grown children
4- I'm a hairstylist
5- Avid reader, mostly current events and nutrition (my favorites)
6- Love to dance
7- love conversations
8- spending time with family and friends
9- like to make up recipes and cooking
10- Enjoying spark people and exercise!
Smile and the universe smiles with you!
Hello Here are Ten Things about Me,
I'm recuperating from shoulder surgery.
I want to lose 120 pounds
I have three grown children, no grandchildren
I've been divorced 11 years (still not used to being alone)
I'm a high school teacher
I LOVE to shop
I Love the Lord (not judgmental)
I have yoyo'd more times than I can count
I really don't like exercise, but I know it works
I'm giving this fresh start my ALL
1. My name is Joyce
2. I am 53 years old
3. I have two kids, 22 yo son, 19 yo daughter
4. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs
5. I need to lose 50 pounds
6. I struggle all of the time
7. I hate to exercise
8. I live in Maryland
9. I have been divorced for 3 years
10. I want to be healthy and happy.
1. My name is Dennis (51)
2. Single ( divorced for over 2 years )
3. I am going to lose 200 + pounds
4. I live in western Missouri ( south of Kansas City )
5. I am shy by nature, but I am trying to make many changes and that is one of them.
6. I am a father to 3 grown children (2 girls, and 1 boy) all out of the home.
7. I am a caring and giving person (a nurturer).
8. I love to spend time with friends and relatives.
9. I love to travel and do.
10. I own my own business.
I don't know if that is the type of things you want to know, but it is what I will share for now.
Edited by: GETSHORTY51 at: 6/10/2011 (12:33)
1. Single 57 year old female living in Seattle.
2. Living in an extended stay hotel so my kitchen options are microwave and hot plate. May invest in a toaster oven.
3. Can't get it together to exercise.
4. Am an immediate gratification kind of gal, both with money and food. So it is hard for me to imagine I can stay motivated to lose 80 pounds. Help!!
5. Have 2 wonderful pug puppies who keep me sane.
6. Thinking about transitioning to a new job which is stressful.
7. Love the idea of community support, so bring it on and I will reciprocate.
8. Am quite embarrassed about my weight and it keeps me from forming relationships.
9. Not convinced I can do this now when I have failed so many times before.
10. Like to hike and need to get back to doing what brings me joy.
1. My name is Carol and I live in New Mexico.
2. I am originally from Ohio and spent a few years in Missouri.
3. I show dogs for fun, but not for profit!
4. I struggle with motivation and should lose a lot of weight, as much as I haul myself off and on this wagon!
5. I have recently joined Team In Training, and if I am successful in my fundraising, will do my first half-marathon (walking) in October.
6. I have one son, married, and my very first grandchild is now 16 days old.
7. I have been divorced for 25 years - was only married for 4!
8. I absolutely can't wait until retirement - I keep revising my potential retirement date closer and closer to my present age!
9. I plan to move to Ft Myers, FL within the next 3-10 years, depending........
10. I sure could use a Goal Buddy.
1. My name is Jana and I live in California.
2. Not really by choice although I am from California and moved back to be closer to the original family.
3. That might not have been the best choice, actually I know it hasn't been, lots of hard learning has come my way in the 5 years I have been back.
4. I really, really miss Seattle and my friends there.
5. I am on 2 anti-depressants and am starting to feel better so
6. I joined this site this weekend and feel so much better already!
7. I am having a hard time getting up and exercising and haven't been inspired yet.
8. I don't like to cook but have managed to cook a few good meals for myself within the guidelines.
9. I have put my scale away and will only weigh myself once a week instead of several times a day.
10. I am on a journey and there is enough time for me to heal.
I am enjoying reading everyone's lists.Here's mine:
1. I'm a female named Robin. When I was born the nuns at the hospital tried to talk my mom out of the name because it was a male's name and every Robin I have met that is older then me happens to be male.
2. I am 51 years old. Poor mom was in labor through Valentine's Day but I needed my own day so didn't arrive till a few minutes past midnight on Feb 15. I sometimes really honestly forget how old I am and have to remind myself that I am no longer in my 40s.
3 Never been married -still looking for a guy who is single, spiritual, and successful (not always measured in $) but keep find gay, geek, or gotten.
4. Have no children of my own but my 20 year old nephew Nathan has lived with me since before birth and one of his friends Nick also moved in about 6 months ago.
5. I am surrounded by males even the four pets are male. Pets are not mine. Cat belongs to my sister (Nathan's mom who moved away 3 years ago), Siamese cat ,bearded dragon lizard, and ball python snake belong to Nathan.
6.When I graduated high school I swore I would never step foot into a school again except for my own children but now I absolutely love my job as a teacher of High School cognitively delayed ( mentally disabled) students. And am considering going after my masters degree
7. Have always lived in Illinois but have lived very southern, very northern, very western, and very eastern Illinois - on several state borders but never moved across one..
8. My electric karma does not get along with electronics including computers, cell phones and VCRs so I really need to move closer to LadyIrish who can program a VCR without the manual. I've had my new phones for three months and still haven't been able to get my favorite numbers stored.
9. Have always been overweight - even in my baby pictures. And, like HELVIEN am a secret eater. Recent Dr visit I was told - obese, okay blood pressure, obese, no diabetes, obese, okay cholesterol, obese, heart seems fine. So aside from being obese I guess I'm fairly healthy
10. Was surprised to discover that I enjoy walking as exercise though I'm not always motivated to get started. It is good for me physically and gets me away from all the males for a while. Plan to continue with the walking and add journaling as part of my healthier lifestyle. I have to treat each day as if it were
PS I very seldom write short answers - can you tell?
Edited by: ROBINRS at: 5/15/2011 (17:00)
1. My name is Jackie
2 This is my first week.
3. I am a Southern California native with family roots from the South.
4. I am divorced, no children
5. My immediate weight loss goal is to drop two dress sizes so I will have more clothes to wear.
6. I joined SP not just for weight loss, but for a healthy and active lifestyle.
7. I am looking forward to walking the Seattle half marathon in June and hopefully finishing it without limping.
8. I love to travel and would like to go to Europe.
9. I love to cook and would like to cook healthier meals.
10. I welcome the support of the SP community.
Jackie - Southern CA
Fit and Organized - Team Co-Leader
Great way to get to know other team members:
1. I am single (divorced) for about 7 years.
2. Have 3 sons; aged 22, 21 & 21 (yes twins).
3. One of my 21 year olds lives at home with me, he had left but he is now back.....although he lives at home he is out an awful lot.
4. I have been overweight for just about all my life.
5. When I started Spark a year ago, I was at my heaviest ever.
6. I still need to lose at least 60 more lbs.
7. I still need to figure out what I want to do with my life.
8. I am more financially strapped than I have ever been in my life.
9. I want to get healthy & fit so that I will be around for my children and my eventual grandchildren.
10. My biggest challenge in my journey to getting healthier is getting motivated to more and exercise.
(This was way harder than I originally thought it was going to be).
Nothing's gonna stop me now.
What a wonderful list of lists! Now it is my turn to think of ten things...
1) I have a lifelong history with eating disorders. I used to binge on my mother's
boxes of Ayds when I was a teenager.
2) I went on my first diet when I was 12, so my teacher would let me toe dance.
3) I am a secret eater; I will eat a banana in front of you, and a candy bar the minute the
door closes behind you.
4) I love to read, and used to specialize in reading and eating at the same time.
5) I hate telephones.
6) I have been married twice and divorced twice, though my second ex-husband still visits
our two sons at my house several times a week.
7) I have 2 beautiful sons, ages 10 and 14.
8) I have lived my whole life in the SF Bay Area except for the periods I spent
living in Japan and England.
9) I used to be a Buddhist, but now I am a Quaker.
10) My goal is to be consistent without being obsessive.
1. I live in the Pacific Northwest now, but have lived in many MANY other states in my lifetime...and in other countries in other lifetimes.
2. Coming from a Southern family, I love to eat.
3. Growing up, I wanted to be a gypsy. Or a veterinarian. I ended up in public relations.
4. I have a hairy child (dog).
5. My goal is to lose 20 pounds this year. That seems do-able, unless you also know that it has been my same goal for many years.
6. I have become a GLEEk, or a fan of the TV show GLEE. I also like Survivor.
7. I currently have a man in my life who is very supportive. And I have wonderful friends.
8. I am trying new things in 2011, like yoga and this site.
9. Housework is one step lower than hell.
10. I gave up red meat and dairy products last year. I only miss ice cream.
Edited by: PEACHIEDOG at: 2/24/2011 (20:27)
1. Everyone knows me as Cissy
2. I was born and raised in Cambridge, MA and here I will probably die. We gutted and remodeled my 4 bedroom single and made it into 2 separate flats so I have my daughter's family upstairs.
3. Was married for 21 yrs and divorced for about 16.
4. I have four children, 3 girls, 1 boy and we are a very close family, including extended family. I have two grandsons ages 2.9 yrs and 5 months old...can hear little feet as I type this...lol.
5. I've been an early childhood teacher for 26 years and I now train high school students to be ECE teachers. I'll be able to retire in 6 yrs and I do look forward to doing something different when I do.
6. I love to travel and try to pick new places each time.
7. Love the ocean and can't imagine not living close to one. My dream is to buy a house where I can walk to the ocean.
8. I'm the artsy type. Paints, crochets, knits, sews, and can pretty much work in any medium to create something.
9. Music touches my soul and I can't imagine a world without it. I would rather go to live theater or dancing than to go to a sporting event.
10. I'm a people person, the one everyone turns to for solid advice.
1. My name is Dee
2. I moved to San Antonio almost 2 yrs ago and basically had to start over.
3. I was married 21 yrs and have been divorced almost 12 yrs.
4. I have 2 wonderful children and 3 grandchildren.
5. I am originally from Kansas.
6. I work a lot and don't take the time to take care of myself, but want to.
7. I'm 52 y/o
9. I want to lose weight and get in shape so I can really enjoy life.
10. I feel like i deserve to do this for myself, but I need support.
1. My name is Brenda
2. I am 50 years old
3. I need to lose #100+ lbs
4. I have 5 beautiful daughters
5. I have been divorced for 5 years
6. I work the night shift
7. I love to read
8. I have a very difficult time finding time to exercise and finding exercise i CAN DO and enjoy
9. I live in Sunny Florida
10. I am a loner, so this site is helping me to get started and hopefully stay on track
1. My name is Kathy.
2. I'll be 58 next week!
3. Was married for 27 years.
4. Two great kids, a son 35 and daughter 33.
5. Two grandchildren, Joe 18 mos. and Laila 1 year.
6. I've been a school secretary for over 25 years.
7. Looking to make new friends on Spark People.
8. I love to read!
9. I want to be the woman who loves to exercise!
10. Have lived in Michigan my whole life.
1. My name is Susie.
2. I'm 54 years young.
3. I've lived in MO all my life but several different cities.
4. I've never been married but would have liked to have been.
5. I've never had children but would have loved to have had several.
6. I was a teacher of children with special needs for 29 years but am now retired.
7. I've been blessed with many friends and came from a loving family.
8. I love to travel.
9. I have an addiction to food!
10. I have a membership to the RecPlex so have no excuse for why I never exercise.
Please, help motivate me!
Edited by: SUSIEGKORN at: 1/17/2011 (21:55)
"If you don't leave your past in the past, it will destroy your future. Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."
1. You can call me Kati
2. I am not quite 50, but turning in June. I want to get used to saying it.
3. I have been married/divorced twice.
4. I have 1 biological daughter, 1 step and 1 stepson
5. I have 1 biological grandson and 2 step granddaughters.
6. I have been divorced and single for 17 years
7. I am pursuing my life long dream of Photography
8. I love, love, love to laugh
9. I struggle with weight and smoking
10. I am incredibly blessed.
Edited by: IAMKATIDID at: 1/18/2011 (14:55)
"Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
1. My name is Cindy
2. I have 2 wonderful married daughters
3. I have 3 grandchildren
4. I was married for 23 years
5. I have lived in 5 different states
6. I am currently working in information technolgoy
7. I live with a tabby cat who acts like a dog
8. I will reach my weight-loss goal in 2011
9. I live in Kentucky
10.I am going to run a 5K in 2011
When you feel like quitting....think about why you started.
|Newly single again||12/30/2015 3:50:19 PM|