I got the DVD's about 6 weeks ago -- having never been to a class and being a 55-year old TERRIBLE dancer with knee and ankle problems.
(1) I did the first 30 minutes of the Basics (how to do the steps routine) on one day ... and then did the 2nd half of the routine the next day.
(2) Then I tried the 20-minute "express" workout and struggled with the faster, trickier steps -- but found it fun anyway. After doing that 20-minute express routine once per day for 3 or 4 days, I had learned the steps pretty well. It is now the routine I use after work on days when I really don't feel like exercising. I think to myself "It's only 20 minutes: certainly I can do 20 minutes!" The time goes quickly and relatively painlessly.
(3) I have also tried and liked the "sculpt & tone" routine -- though I have only done the first 30 minute of it. First, I did 20 minutes, then increased to 30. I plan to complete the full 45 minutes soon. The routine comes in 5-minute sections, some fast and some slower, that make it easy and convenient to build yourself up gradually.
(4) I've also done the Abs routine -- and like that as well.
(5) I'll gradually add the other routines to my repertoire as my instincts lead me to seek more diversity.
I've been surprised by how much I like those DVD's and am very pleased with my purchase. And I admit it: ... Deep down inside, I fantasize that someday I will be able to do it like the professionals on the DVD. lol
"Aim for progression, not perfection." -- SP Coach Nancy
"There is hope for me. There is hope for all of us." -- llou
| current weight: 152.2