You WILL be able to do it like the professionals!! If you just keep practicing the routines, getting used to the rhythms and mostly, just FEEL THE MUSIC!! Honestly! I can't believe that a middle-aged, conservative,slightly overweight white lady with no sense of rhythm (ME!!) would ever be able to move to the music like I can now!! No, I'm no where NEAR as good as the girls on the video (who is??), but I'm good enough to do the routines in the front row of class now (instead of the back corner) and not feel self-concious. I've learned the simple joy of just moving to the music, feeling the beat and having FUN!! Keep it up!! I was the biggest dork EVER!! (Now I am almost ready to lead a class myself!)
Yeah I tend to trip over my feet when I attempt coordination (i can't even line dance LOL!) so I fantasize about doing it as well as the pros too! But I figure of I get close and have fun then i'll stay motivated!!!! I will! I will! I will!!!
current weight: 231.8
Fitness Minutes: (49,802) Posts: 4,507 11/29/10 10:22 P
I got the DVD's about 6 weeks ago -- having never been to a class and being a 55-year old TERRIBLE dancer with knee and ankle problems.
(1) I did the first 30 minutes of the Basics (how to do the steps routine) on one day ... and then did the 2nd half of the routine the next day.
(2) Then I tried the 20-minute "express" workout and struggled with the faster, trickier steps -- but found it fun anyway. After doing that 20-minute express routine once per day for 3 or 4 days, I had learned the steps pretty well. It is now the routine I use after work on days when I really don't feel like exercising. I think to myself "It's only 20 minutes: certainly I can do 20 minutes!" The time goes quickly and relatively painlessly.
(3) I have also tried and liked the "sculpt & tone" routine -- though I have only done the first 30 minute of it. First, I did 20 minutes, then increased to 30. I plan to complete the full 45 minutes soon. The routine comes in 5-minute sections, some fast and some slower, that make it easy and convenient to build yourself up gradually.
(4) I've also done the Abs routine -- and like that as well.
(5) I'll gradually add the other routines to my repertoire as my instincts lead me to seek more diversity.
I've been surprised by how much I like those DVD's and am very pleased with my purchase. And I admit it: ... Deep down inside, I fantasize that someday I will be able to do it like the professionals on the DVD. lol
"Aim for progression, not perfection." -- SP Coach Nancy
"There is hope for me. There is hope for all of us." -- llou
Mine just got here last week. Take time and do the basics a few times. I did it three times, its about an hour and teaches you all the moves in parts. I did the 20 minute workout yesterday and it was fun.
I am waiting on them too! They are supposed to be here in two days!!!!!!!!!!!!I do not think there is that much to really absorb - I popped in my Wii zumba the other night and that has been tiding me over until my dvd collection comes!!!!
So Thanksgiving slowed down my Zumba delivery and I'm killing the refresh button on the tracking page LOL!
I am a hefty gal, but I LOVE TO DANCE and was watching the info-mercial with DH a few weeks back. One of the success stories came on that sounded just like me and I started crying. My husband decided then and there that if it affected me that much then I needed it. I am so excited and can't wait!
What's my first step when I get it? Is there a lot of information to absorb?
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.