Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
Posts: 1,342 9/13/13 5:56 P
Hi ADECKER7 I also live in Florida and used to get plenty of exercise until this summer. The humidity has been so bad and while using a chain saw I developed a Siatic nerve problem and so it keeps me from exercising as I should. I do have 25 lbs to get rid of and I find that staying under 25 carbs really helps lose the weight. It is even better to keep carbs under 20 . Also I try to keep my calories under 1400. Good luck fellow Floridian !
current weight: 163.4
Posts: 1,342 9/13/13 5:41 P
My name is Margie and I tried Atkins 20 yrs ago and did not eat enough carbs and had 0 energy. This time I am going to shoot for the 20 carbs. I notice that it is when you get over 25 carb you stall out and are hungry . When I keep the carbs under 25 I do not get hungry . I have been back for almost a week now and lost 3.5 lbs and then it looks like one day it is 4 lbs. I have to lose 25 lbs and I am so tired of starvation diets and WW includes alot of fruit and then I get hungry so I am trying to keep the calories under 1400 and carbs around 20-25 . I have tried everything including waste money on gacinia, raspberry , green coffee bean and you name it I have bought it . The only thing that works is cut down and eat the right food. I have only one child and she is 50 so you see I am not as young as I think I am.
current weight: 163.4
Fitness Minutes: (16,008) Posts: 1,426 9/9/13 8:11 P
My real name is Terri and I live in Texas. I spend my summers in New Mexico. I have twin seniors in college. One goes to Texas A and M and the other one to Baylor. I am married to a swimming pool contractor that is self employed. We love to travel and get out of HOT Texas as often as we can. My passion is hiking, but I also love to snow shoe, snow ski and scuba dive. I JUST RETIRED from teaching after 32 years!
current weight: 154.2
Posts: 169 7/28/13 8:50 P
1 Happily married 21 years 2 Midwestern girl 3 love to be active, hiking, swimming, riding horses 4 have PCOS, that is leading me to low carb 5 am still overweight, though still trained for and ran my first 5k! (gluten free 3.5 years, caffeine free since June 3 2013
"Delight thyself, also, in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart" ~Psalm 37:4
"Ride far, Ride well, the sky's the Limit"~AERC
5.0 Inches Lost
Fitness Minutes: (2,722) Posts: 306 7/17/13 6:54 P
Hello, everyone! 1, My name is Tamye. 2. On the third week of the PaleoBurn diet and am feeling much better. 3. Have dieted off and on all my life. Yoyo master.:) 4. Am interest in talking to others with successful weight loss tips. How many carbs a day for good results for example. PaleoBurn begins at 75-100 too high for me. 5. Happily married mother of 2 adult daughters.
Edited by: TAMELARENEE at: 7/17/2013 (18:55)
My old tracker here. I'll learn and adjust accordingly I may have lost 2 pounds at this point.
My Name is Starla (age 37) I have 2 children I need to lose approximately 45lbs (hopefully learning how to use the Dukan Diet to do this). I'm a recent graduate and looking for work I have been happily married for 13yrs
current weight: 199.0
Posts: 1,756 6/20/13 8:28 A
1. My name is Kristi 2. I have 5 grown girls 3. I have 11 grands 4. I have 3 great grands 5. I need to loose 40lbs.
Pounds lost: 11.0
Posts: 405 6/16/13 11:12 P
I'm 66 y/o, married 10 years to a weight lifter, competed in figure competions starting at 60, gained 30#'s in last 2 years or so, following Jimmy Moore's Nutritional Ketosis.
Posts: 1,756 5/22/13 9:20 A
Hi I am Mskris7, I have done every diet out there thru the years. I have been a member of Sparks for a few years. When I was on the internet a couple of days ago I came across an article about the Scarsdale Diet which was big back in the 70's. It is easier to follow than the Atkins for me any way and I have already lost 6lbs, so think I will stick with it for awhile. It is low fat and carb so I joined all the teams which most of you are Atkins but I hope you accept me. Have a great day!
Pounds lost: 11.0
Fitness Minutes: (4,313) Posts: 389 5/12/13 12:47 P
Hi, Everyone! I'm not new to SP but I am brand new to Atkins. I lost 60lbs a few years ago simply by walking, doing occasional elyptical and tracking everything here on SP. Life has become VERY stressful for me and I have allowed food to be my comfort but as we all know the after effects cause even more stress smdh I'm trying to act on what I know lol SO I'm here. Larger than I have ever been in my life and looking to get at least comfortable with myself
I'm 43 I am mother in a blended family of all mens (18yrs, 15 yrs(I birthed), 13yrs and midlife crisis kid just turned 7 (I birthed) lol I recently closed a ten year business and am now at 1/3rd of my previous income I love my high heels I have a lot of fun sharing Scentsy and Grace Adele
I started in induction today. I have never made it past 4 days.. so this time I am looking for some support to just get it done. :o)
1) I'm 45 2) I have a little girl who is 8, Nina 3) I am a 16yr cancer survivor.. 4) I have a small production company 5) I am married 13yrs and My husband is always away.. freelancer
That is a good start. lol
I look forward to supporting all of you in your journey. Thank you for having me! Debbie
One Dream at a Time
current weight: 191.0
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 1 4/19/13 2:10 P
Hi everyone. Started Atkins (AGAIN) 2 days ago. Fell off the wagon 2yrs. ago when my husband passed away. Lost interest in myself and it's darn time to take control again! 1. I'm 69 2. I have 1 child (lost my youngest daughter 3yrs. ago) 3 grandchildren, 1 greatgrandchild 3. I love to read, mostly mystery or suspense. 4. I have 2 cats, Sugar 17yrs. old, and Buggsy 5yrs. old 5.As a former SparkPerson I knew I could get support from all the great people here.
Posts: 344 1/19/13 9:21 A
Hello, starting Atkins today, Have done it in the past with great results, but the weight came back when I listened to those little "voices" in my head saying "eat it, eat it" and I did and couldn't stop! 1. my name is Freida 2. I am 63, soon to be 64 3. I am a breast cancer survivor, 5 years 4. I have 3 children, 6 grandchildren, my hubby, and 2 dogs 5. I love to knit, crochet, sew, and quilt.
"Nothing tastes as good, as being thin feels." Weight Watchers
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 137 1/13/13 9:49 A
Hi folks! Starting Dukan tomorrow, had done it in November but stopped around Xmas putting all the weight (8lbs) back on, Just looking for some support to stay on track both with exercise and diet.
1. 40 years old (still hate writing that) 2. Married mother of 3 girls 3. Dead/Phish head 4. Manager in Health Insurance 5. SW 235 GW 185
Pounds lost: 51.0
Posts: 4 1/4/13 9:10 P
1) 38 years old 2) mother of 4 3) teacher 4)start weight -207 5) goal weight-170
I fall down sometimes, BUT I get up is what I am proud of!
current weight: 208.0
Fitness Minutes: (1,059) Posts: 122 12/17/12 2:34 A
hi everyone 5 things about me,
1 i have been on sparks before and a low carb diet, lost 30 pounds or more but sorta stopped .i kind of fell off the wagon, i still had protein but started to have to many carbs one thing led to another and next thing ya know we were having large pasta dishes with some meat and veggies , i hadn't not been on a scale in years and to my surprise i was about the same as when i stopped i happen to have maintain it for several years.
2 after going back on it i will not go back to high carbs again i feel awful especially emotionally, its what has been keeping me motivated
3. I have 2 kittys and a very loving and sportive man, hes back on the plan as well eats what i make
4 I love sci-fi shows and fantasy and videogames
5. I am doing this for my health i had high blood pressure and that's what got me back on this path also ill be turning 40.
Edited by: JENDAWN1973 at: 12/17/2012 (02:46)
current weight: 218.0
Fitness Minutes: (730) Posts: 48 12/3/12 2:24 P
1. I have been eating low carb for almost 2 years and feel great.....so much better than low fat!
2. I have a hard time losing weight and need to step up the exercise.
3. I love to cook and have a lot of low carb recipes I just love.....and feed my family that way as well.
4. My low carb diet is wheat free and sugar free.
5. I believe that going low carb has been the best decision I have made for my health!
For all things I have the strength by virtue of him who imparts power to me- Philippians 4:13
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 87 11/29/12 9:45 A
5 things about me
1. I have tried so many things including low carb (it worked before) to rid the body of this fat 2. I'm at my highest weight ever 3. I want to replace this fat with muscle 4. I need support 5. I'm hoping to get past day 1, which it seems like I've been 'day 1' for years.
Posts: 339 11/17/12 2:20 P
Hi, 5 things about me:
1 Never done Atkins before this is my first day. 2 Have been overweight and yo yoing, most of my life. 3 65 and recently retired 4 Love my kids (2) and 3 grandchildren 5 Want to exercise, but back issues always get worse.
REMEMBER: I have had this before. I know what it tastes like, AND ITS KILLING Me ! IS IT REAL HUNGER OR HEAD & HEART HUNGER?
Fitness Minutes: (33,701) Posts: 910 9/26/12 5:52 P
5 things about me:
1. I am 29 years old. 2. I am currently in a relationship with the man I'm going to marry and have babies with. 3. I've lost over 70lbs (well, almost 100 but I gained 30 back) and am working on finishing those other 70. 4. My favorite thing in the whole world is music. 5. I long to be a runner.
If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten.
"Success is when you can look beyond food and see your feet."
BW:265 CW: see ticker GW: 135-140
current weight: 191.0
Fitness Minutes: (255) Posts: 1 8/27/12 9:22 P
Hi everyone - well, 5 things about me are: 1. I'm trying to lose the same weight I've had in my head for years...only now it's real. 2. 25 pounds would make me happy, 30 would make me delirious! Make that..WILL make me delirious. 3. I am 20 pounds lighter than I was in January...now I've switched to low carb..so far so good. 4. I live in a beautiful place where I can walk year round. 5. I have learned that even when the last thing I want to do is work out, pushing myself makes me feel fabulous emotionally and physically. Look forward to staying in touch and sharing our successes!
Fitness Minutes: (438) Posts: 6 7/17/12 10:30 A
Hi everyone. I'm truly looking forward to getting my SEXy back. I'm 43 and in desperate need of getting my groove back.
1. I am what you call obese, which ends NOW!!!! 2. I have been sitting on the fence far too long 3. I would like to lose 65 lbs. 4. I am now a single mom of a wonderful 6 yo son 5. My struggle is with sweets, eating breakfast and working out.
My thought today is "Why put off for tomorrow what I will do today".
Good luck to all on this journey that we must take one step at a time. Until we reach that crest where we can say we have done it and conquered the all obstacles.
Pounds lost: 14.0
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 2 7/4/12 11:07 P
Hi Everyone! I am SUPER excited to be low carbing with Atkins!!
1) I have never done Spark People before 2) I want to lose about 70 lbs. 3) I have a wonderful 10 yo daughter :) 4) I live in Florida. 5) I struggle with getting enough water in. :/
Thanks for being my support and resource for info! And good luck to everyone else on the journey!
current weight: 193.0
Posts: 7,235 6/26/12 5:30 A
Let's get motivated! I want to Welcome all our new members! It is good to have you join us on the road to weight loss success!
Fitness Minutes: (780) Posts: 33 6/25/12 10:18 P
1. I'm back to SP after a year off. 2. I have two wonderful sons. 3. I love eating low carb (not sure why I stopped). 4. I play and coach soccer. 5. I work full-time in an office now - a huge change after working at home for 9 years.
~ Jen Done Girls: Red Hot Heart Breakers Challenge My goals ~ Start weight ~ 203.5 One Voice (7/25) ~ 198 - DONE! Relaxation (8/15) ~ 192 Labor Day (9/3) ~ 188 World Heart (9/29) ~ 185 Total loss aim ~ 18.5
Pounds lost: 14.0
Fitness Minutes: (559) Posts: 25 6/22/12 10:22 P
Hi All! I am new here and wanted to add my 5 things. Also, I am really working hard at getting healthy and in shape and I will take all the advice I can get! =)
1- I am a single mom to a pretty awesome 7 year old boy. 2- I am 31 years old. 3- I have been "chunky" my entire life. 4- I lead a Cub Scout den (first graders). 5- I go to school and work full time.
Pounds lost: 25.0
Posts: 7,235 6/20/12 5:13 A
Let's get motivated! I want to Welcome all our new members! It is good to have you join us on the road to weight loss success!
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 17 4/21/12 1:12 P
1. I am 34 years old 2. I am a SAHM 3. I had success with a low carb diet in college and thats why I wanted to try it again. 4. My 20 month old daughter was born on mine and my husband's one year wedding anniversary 5. My wedding ring is a blue and green butterfly because I love butterflies so much
Hi everyone! Just joined this group so thought I would add my 5 things.
1. I lost about 60 pounds on Atkins about 8-9 years ago. Haven't gained it all back (thank goodness!), but have definitely let things slip lately. 2. My two year wedding anniversary is in June. 3. I love horseback riding and go 2-3 days per week. 4. I am 29 years old. 5. I have tried many diets off and on and low carb is the only one that I seem to be able to stick with for an extended period of time.
I am not exactly following Atkins as I am allowing myself some fruit (about 1 serving per day right now) and more veggies than Induction recommendations, but I have cut out grains, starches, beans, legumes, and processed sugars. I have been keeping carbs under 50 g / day, which is pretty low to me
1. I am 31 years old 2. I am engaged to be married 3. I just got off the HCG diet lost 24lbs 4. I love low carbs. I feel a lot better 5. I live in the midwest
Goal & Rewards:
176lbs: Starting Weight 166lbs: Buy a new pair of shoes 156lbs: Buy a new pair of jeans 135lbs: Buy a new purse
** the picture isn't me! It's my wedding dress I want to fit into!
Pounds lost: 23.6
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 356 4/16/12 11:30 A
* Nina from Buffalo New York - doing Dukan Diet (low to no carbs)
* Married to the "guy next door" for 33 years this May
* I have a Golden Retirever and three cats - all of whom I wish would run away from home!!!
* I have three children 2 girls and 1 boy only 1 of which left home
* I am going to Disney July 20th and will only weigh 115 pounds when I go!!!!
current weight: 134.0
Posts: 651 3/26/12 3:14 P
Hi! Hoping low Carbing will jump start my weight loss 1 I'm 63 y/o mother of 3 grown children,grandmother of 9'married 46 yrs to the love of my life 2 Never had a weight problem till I started Menopause in my 40's 3 Love to cook healthy and try new recipes from different countries 4 Love to sew,decorate,would love to learn to draw 5 Trying to learn scrapbooking
Pounds lost: 23.0
Fitness Minutes: (1,335) Posts: 28 3/25/12 6:27 P
Hi... hoping maybe low carbs will help me out of my stall!
1. I have a 13 year old mini-dachshund who I absolutely adore and who keeps me moving. 2. I've become extra worried/scared because I've now turned 40 and am still 70 lbs overweight. 3. Despite my weight, I love being active including hiking and ice skating. 4. I secretly want to be a tour guide at one of the National Parks. (maybe not secret now:)) 5. I love my geeky sci-fi, fantasy books and movies.
My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am
Pounds lost: 5.0
Posts: 72 3/12/12 3:36 P
1. I'm Alexis, From Pittsburgh PA! GO STEELERS! 2. I graduate in 53 days (CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!) 3. I'm going on a beautiful western Caribbean Cruise in 54 days! 4. I love to road bike! 5. I love my cat Sophie and apparently exclamation marks!
Pounds lost: 2.2
Posts: 32 2/22/12 9:54 P
1) I am 61 years young and recently retired, this year is all about me. Losing weight and getting healthier.
2) Married for 43 years with two daughters, 4 grandsons and a wonderful standard poodle.
3) Oil painting is a passion although I sure I will not be famous until years after my demise, LOL!
4) Love to travel with my hubby who was my high school sweetie ,camp and paint. Learning about low carb eating .
5) I live in BC Canada in a small town 15 minutes from the Washington U.S. border.
Edited by: MISSION_LADY at: 2/22/2012 (21:55)
current weight: 251.0
Posts: 102 1/27/12 4:26 P
(1) I did Atkins years ago, lost tons of weight, but gained it back when I listened to a trainer who told me I needed more carbs. So, I'm back on Atkins again.
(2) I'm prediabetic so looking forward to getting the sugar levels under control.
(3) I'm retired and have 2 spoiled cats: Montique Kitty and Ringo Bingo.
(4) I love to swim! I'm in Florida so get to swim 9 months out of the year! I hate the winter months when I have to walk for my exercise.
(5) Looking forward to losing this weight and keeping it off this time. It's a bit hard cause I love to bake my own bread.
current weight: 236.2
Fitness Minutes: (5,453) Posts: 13 1/24/12 12:12 P
Hi I'm Mara
1 - I've done Atkins before and lose 10 kg in 2009 (today is my 2nd day on induction) 2 - I'm 28 and single 3 - I live in a portuguese island named Madeira (I'm partuguese by the way) 4 - I'm very self conscious about my body image and in result I get depress and avoid going out with my friends when I gain weight. 5 - My goal is to get back in shape and rock the summer in a bikini lol
Work It Harder Make It Better Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
"There's no such thing as perfection. But, in striving for perfection, we can achieve excellence." Vince Lombardi
current weight: 134.0
Posts: 39,701 1/21/12 8:48 P
Greetings! BonnieBlue here. I'm a carb junkie, so my body functions better on protein and complex carb veggies. Atkins worked for me years ago, so I'm back. Recently began bio~identical HRT which is working beautifully for me. Recommitting to more walking and to begin strength training so I can burn the excess fat and shape up. Positive educator creating a new self~image and new career. All the best, BB~
Cat lovers make better people. ;)
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." ~Goethe
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 8 12/28/11 9:07 A
Being totally honest, I must confess that the first thing is that I have very little will power. 2nd - I've done Atkins (and the OLD DR. STILLMAN'S QUICK WEIGHT LOSS) and was reasonably successful for a long time. 3rd - the older I get, the more difficult it is to stay motivated (the old, "this is who I am" syndrome) 4th - Selfishly, I really would like to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror 5th - I believe that my introvert nature is partly due to my body image
Posts: 7,235 11/18/11 6:53 A
Welcome, Lorie and Yoyonomore! Its great to have you join the team!
I want to welcome all our new members! Please share your favorite moments!
1. Name Cheri 2. Started low carb a few days ago to get sweets out of my diet 3. I am left-handed 4.I have a 15 month old daughter 5. Happily married
There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. Henry Ford
Pounds lost: 3.8
Fitness Minutes: (7,005) Posts: 1,455 11/15/11 8:27 A
Hi Everyone, 1. My name is Lorie, married to my best friend and he makes me crazy as well. We have one, 2 year old daughter, Emmaline (pronounced Emma Line) who was a blessing four years in the making.
2. I am coming to a low carb lifestyle upon my doctor's advisement. He said as low to no as I could get so here we go. WW was just not cutting it!
3. I work full time at an 8-5, full time Mommy and housekeeper, these two keep me busy!
4. I am learning to adapt new habits and make them work for a lifetime. Natural cleaners, whole eating but not going overboard.
5. Last and not least, I am the Winston-Salem Spark Team Leader and I really want to get the team going!
You can live your life in two ways, one as though nothing is a miracle and the other way, as though everything is a miracle! Einstein
I'm 26, married, no kids. I struggle with depression and chronic pain on a daily basis. We have, no joke, four cats and one dog. (He's the best dog ever! The cats, well, we'll keep 'em.) I love to read. I love the Paleo diet, but I'm working my way up, you know? First I'll lose some weight, then maybe I'll feel well enough to follow a more Paleo lifestyle.
current weight: 271.0
Posts: 7,235 9/11/11 8:52 A
Welcome, Sandy and all new members. I like Atkins because it basically has foods that I like. I did South Beach but I am not fond of beans. I tried Dukan for about half a day. Just couldn't do the oat bran. Best wishes for your weight loss goals.
1. I am 62 years old, a christian, married for 43 years, 4 children and lots of grandchildren, one cat Fresca, one adorable dog, Max 2. I need to lose weight - 30 kgs would be great. 3. I have read part of Dr Atkins book today - not sure whether to do that or Dukan. I am finding counting calories a bit hard. 4. I have high cholestoral, high blood pressure .... which has been under control of late. 5. I have been a member since October last year, but more serious since July 2011.
Sandy I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Hi..My name is Imogene..pronouned in southern language..IMA JEAN I am a widow. I was married for 4 1/2 years when my huband was hit by a car and killed while he was at work. June 2008..feels like yesterday, but has been 3 years now I have rescued 6 dogs since then..love them all..but my heart and soul belongs to Laney Puddles. I am 51 years old on July 4th. I am retired from the US Post Office in Chicago, Illnois and live in my home state of Arkansas
Pounds lost: 211.4
Posts: 1,310 8/23/11 8:53 A
1. I am a mom of 3 (two teenage girls and 1 toddler boy.. God has a great sense of humor!!!) 2. I am a newlywed of 2 years (with the most amazing husband..sighs..no seriously it's true!) 3. I currently work part time 2nd shift and am looking to move ahead.. Saying lots of prayers, but whatever is meant to be will be. Happy to be employed again and contributing to the family. 4. I am learning to crochet... I find it incredibly relaxing. 5. I have four cats..sighs..yes I am becoming the cat lady.. lol
current weight: 148.0
Posts: 17 8/18/11 5:04 P
Hi my name is Drea...
1. I am completely in love with my family (Husband, Daughter & Furbaby).
2. I lost 90lbs in six months by doing low carb back in 2008 and ended up getting pregnant so I gained about 60lbs of it back.
3. I don't want to be super skinny; I just wanna be thick. Anything under 200lbs makes me happy!
4. I work a full time job during the week and I have a part time job during the weekend.
5. I am a self motivater and an emotional eater.
I'm sure I doubled up on the facts there. lol
current weight: 233.0
Fitness Minutes: (20,373) Posts: 18,605 8/15/11 1:27 P
I am Bug I am a Christian I am very old I am a very slow loser I lost 60 lbs on JUDDD 2007-2008
Leader Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!
Trust in God when the going gets rough! Keep Him with you all through out the day...Think of Him often, He has every hair on your head counted and He's always "On call"....
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a GIFT
Fitness Minutes: (750) Posts: 27 8/8/11 1:51 P
Just starting out on the SparkPeople website. I am in the process of reading the book The Spark. I have found that low carb works best for me, although I do eat some fruits. I have 2 dogs, they are my girls. I would like to lose about 50 lbs. I am married to a wonderful man who has never had a weight problem.
Fitness Minutes: (40) Posts: 3 8/8/11 9:46 A
where did y'all get that cute little weight tracker?
Fitness Minutes: (40) Posts: 3 8/8/11 9:43 A
Hi! 1) I am a chocoholic.. I have a very hard time avoiding it. 2) I have 6 cats .. they are my children 3) I work 3rd shift 4) I love art and photography 5) I have 45lbs to lose
Posts: 6 7/31/11 8:56 P
1- I'm Jen
2- I'm a christian
3- Married 17 years and have 3 daughters( 13,11,9)
4- work 3rd shift
5-Have 60lbs. to lose
current weight: 187.0
Posts: 21 7/13/11 11:37 A
1--I REALLY like to talk, so limiting this to five things is a bit of a challenge. 2--I am the Momma to a brand new 12 year old son (Not brand new to me, but he just turned 12) 3--I am engaged and the wedding is 72 days from today! Woot woot! 4--I am a born again Christian and I feel like I am 're-learning' how to work my faith. 5--Depending on the day/my mood, I want to lose between 60-90 lbs.
current weight: 217.0
Posts: 7,235 7/13/11 6:32 A
Welcome Liz and Sandy! Its great to have you join our team!
Hi, my name is Liz 1. I work in English education in Japan 2. I'm a homeschooling graduate (hello to the homeschooling mom down the page) 3. I started Atkins almost 11 months ago, and I love it 4. Tortilla chips are a horrible (but delicious) trigger for me 5. Some days, I feel like the slowest loser on the planet
...also known as Liz Wakkanai, Japan Japan Standard Time (CST+15)
Total SparkPoints: 14,682
SparkPoints Level 11
Posts: 3,751 7/10/11 5:31 P
Hi my name is Sandy 1 I am a stay at home mom to 6 kids ages from 10 down to 2 yrs.old, I have 7 kids total one is 18 and lives on his own 2 I been with spark for awhile now and I lost a total of 97 pounds 3 I been hit with a plateau for a couple of months now 4 I have done Atkins before for a short time only a week before quitting. 5 I tried everything to break this plateau and nothing is working,So I am starting Atkins again this time I wont quit no matter what my family says about Atkins
Sandy (aka Sandra)
Wake up and smile everyday
Take one day at a time
If you have a bad day just start over the next day
Hi my name is Amy. 1. I am a married with 2 children. 2. I am a nurse. 3. I love the beach-anywhere 4. I have 20 pounds to lose. 5. I exercise about 4-5 days weekly.
Pounds lost: 6.2
Fitness Minutes: (2,978) Posts: 70 6/29/11 1:58 P
Hi, my name is Stella 1. I started induction phase two weeks ago. 2. I am a home schooling SAHM of one daughter 3. I've been happily married for 22 years :) 4. One of my favorite hobbies is scrapbooking 5. I look forward to shedding these pounds!!
With God, all things are possible.
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 2,501 6/28/11 8:35 P
My name Is Debbie 1. I am married with one child (girl 6yrs). Married for 11yrs, Im 43yrs old 2. I just moved back from living in Germany for the past 11yrs 3. I was born and raised in Vancouver BC.. 4. Home cooking is one of my favourite things to do 5. Working out is not my favorite thing to do...lol
One Dream at a Time
current weight: 191.0
Fitness Minutes: (2,037) Posts: 869 6/27/11 11:01 P
I'm Sherry - 5 things about me! 1. Retiree - from Texas A&M Univ. (work harder now) 2. Caretaker to many animals ! Would be hard to pick a favorite! 3. Wonderful husband of seven years; 4 young adult kids and one grand boy/ will they ever really be on their own! 4. Manage/owner of country cabins B&B "Weekend Verandah" 5. Love the water and waterfalls. (Not much time to travel these days, however.
F.R.O.G. Fully Rely On God! Sherry - Franklin, Tx.
Pounds lost: 2.4
Posts: 260 6/16/11 7:08 P
1. I'm changing from counting calories to low carb after yo-yo dieting for years. 2. My grandkids call me "squishy" grandma, and I want a new name! LOL 3. Hubby is on this with me which is kind of stressful, because I feel responsible for him too. 4. If this doesn't work, I'm giving up. I'm tired of being totally consumed with losing weight. 5. Wish me luck...
current weight: 236.0
Fitness Minutes: (79) Posts: 10 6/7/11 12:46 P
1. I am 26 years old 2. I am happily married and have been for 3.5 years. 3. I hate lifting weights but one of my goals is to start. 4. I am interested in the primal/paleo lifestyle 5. Nachos are my Achilles heel
Pounds lost: 8.0
Fitness Minutes: (20) Posts: 3 5/18/11 2:26 P
1. I lost 67 pounds on Atkins back in 2004
2. I gained back all of the weight I lost because I got comfortable
3. I have re-started low carbing again this week ( It's about time!! )
4. I am a christian
5. I am married and have two boys
current weight: 229.8
Fitness Minutes: (220) Posts: 6 5/15/11 6:01 P
1. My name is Kathy. 2. I am 58 years old, been married to the same man 34 years. 3. I live and work with children on an Indian Reservation. 4. I need help to lose over 100 pounds. I have lost 31 pounds since January 1, 2011. Able to fit size 22 pants first time in almost 30 years. 5.. I started induction May 5, lost 2#. Restarting May 16. Been 99% sugar and flour free since April 1, 2011. Ate 3 small candies at Easter and a small amount of pudding today. I will not die obese!!
Fitness Minutes: (50,818) Posts: 12,468 5/12/11 11:26 A
Hi! I'm Diane 1. Been Sparking for years 2. Lost 70 pounds 3. Quit Smoking 4. Married 25 years 5. Have found great friends here on Sparks!
SUNNY GAL 4 LIFE & PART OF THE SUNNY SISTERHOOD FOREVER
Diane 'SGT SUNNY'
March Minutes: 405
Fitness Minutes: (2,262) Posts: 585 4/25/11 12:54 P
Hi I'm Kim, 1. I have been an RN for 23 yrs. 2. I have 3 children, 2 grand-children 3. I am married. 4. I have 5 dogs. 5. I love outdoor festivals and events.
My name is Kim
"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. -unknown-
"A year from now, you may wish you had started today" Robert Schuller-
"Never give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment" -unknown-
Pounds lost: 12.0
Posts: 12,589 4/24/11 9:17 A
Hi, I am especially interested in higher protein and low carb via dumping processed and junk foods. 1. I am Spark Leader for 3 teams. Dr. Oz Show Fans; Fit Buckeye Fans; and Kappa Delta 2. I'm a Sr. citizen with kids, grandkids, and 1 great 3. I am getting back on track with higher protein and lower carbs 4. I love to read and sew 5. I listen to the TV while I spark.
I have no medical knowledge and not a trained counselor. Please seek professional advice about treatment options.
Pounds lost: 12.2
Posts: 6 4/17/11 2:39 A
HI I Am Sue and I live in Singapore and have been here for 3 years...just 18 months more on our assignment. My husband works for a big multinational. This is a beautiful country with wonderful people but it is so hard to eat here. I gained thirty pounds the first year! Can you say noodles????!!! I am on Atkins for the first time and have lost 10 pounds this month. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and was a leader for years but when they increased the fruit this year on the program I felt like they were going in the wrong direction. I quit my online membership. I know that clients lost best in the early days when the program was more low carb. So looked at low carb plans and like what I read and here we are a month later. The research on low carb is amazing! As a nurse it all makes sense. My husband is doing this with me and of course he is losing faster.... we have extra incentive in that we are in our late 50's and have a 14 yo daughter that we want to see have a wonderful life!! I hope everyone is having a great day!! Off to spinning! Thanks for having this forum
Pounds lost: 54.5
Fitness Minutes: (30) Posts: 4 4/14/11 4:10 P
Hello Everyone! My name is Kathy.
1. This is my first day EVER of doing low carb!
2. I am 47 years old, happily married, three children and tired of fighting the battle of the bulge.
3. I lost 40 pounds last year on another weight loss plan, but have gained half of it back. can't seem to maintain my losses. Perhaps because I eat too much and exercise to little?
4. I love a lot of reality television like The Amazing Race, Survivor, and The Biggest Loser. I want some of that adventure in my life.
5. We are getting close to having an empty nest at our house...and I am ready for it! I think. lol.
Posts: 79 4/8/11 10:29 A
Hi, my name is Karen. 1. I have 3 kids, all girls. 10, 6, and 3 years old. 2. I LOVE reading. 3. Been low carbing since 3/7/11. (LOVE IT) 4. I have OCP, and get fixated on things a lot. 5. I am 30 years old, 31 in July.
"TO be nObOdy but yOurself in a wOrld which is dOing its best, night and day, tO make yOu everybOdy else means tO fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stOp fighting."
~e.e. cummings, 1955
current weight: 158.6
Posts: 2,775 4/6/11 12:13 P
Hi my name is Jo. 1. I'm 62 years old. 2. I've been a nurse (RN) forever. :o) Over 25 years. I currently work as a school nurse. 3. My favorite color is blue. 4. I love travel and camping. 5. I switch back and forth between Weight Watchers and Low Carb. Low carb is the only thing I have found to keep my blood sugars in check. (I'm insulin dependant diabetic).
I'm Jo from North Central Texas. "Let those who will, buy lands, hoard money. We will have memories, glad memories of golden experiences together." Margaret Gehrke *I decided to adjust my weight graph to reflect my wt. when I started /before SP in Jan.08.
My name is Lisa heres 5 things about me... 1) I've lost 35 lbs so far doing low carb. 2) I've been married 27 yrs. this coming April 3) I have 3 kids, DS 23 today,DD 18, DS 12 that I homeschool and have for the last 11 yrs. 4) My favorite color is blue. 5) I'm an animal lover with 4 dogs, 1 cat and 4 birds
A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart. Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.