Hi here are some recipes of his I have have fun Mike
However, before I review the recipes, realize I do not measure and weigh food, so I do not have "exact" recipes and encourage you to adapt these to your own liking. All dishes make up enough for 2 people to get at least 2 meals (or more) and can easily be refrigerated and/or frozen for later use.
All my recipes consist of 5 basic ingredients and all meals can be cooked in around 5-15 minutes from start to end. All are prepared in a large pasta "style" pot. I think mine is a 7 or 8 qt pot.
The 5 main ingredients.
1) Canned Tomatoes (whole and/or pureed), No Salt Added, 28 oz.
2) Canned Beans, No Salt Added (Eden Foods are my favorite), 14 oz
3) Frozen Vegetables (individual and/or variety mixes without any of the sauce/spice packs)
By changing the type of bean, type of vegetables, the type of starch and the seasoning, you can come up with different dishes. I make everything salt free and no salt added. You are welcome to sprinkle some salt on top at the table before eating.
Microwave the potatoes. While they are zapping, put all other ingredients in the pot and heat. When potatoes are done, cut into 1 inch pieces and add to pot. Simmer 5 minutes. Top with fresh cilantro Enjoy.
(can be served with brown rice which you can cook in 10 minutes while potatoes are cooking by using Success Brand Quick Cooking Brown Rice)
Dish 2- Mexican Beans and Rice
1) 2 cans whole tomatoes (or 1 can whole, 1 can pureed) 2) 1 cans Pinto Beans, 1 can black beans 3) Birdseye Frozen Pepper and Onion Mix (3 lb), and Corn (1 lb) 4) Success Quick Cooking Brown Rice ( 1 large bag) 5) Mexican Spice Mix, or Hot Sauce
Cook Brown rice. While brown rice is cooking, add all other ingredients to the pot and heat. When rice is done place rice in a bowl. Top with beans, veggie and tomato mix. Top with fresh cilantro Enjoy
Dish 3 - Italian Pasta Primavera
1) 1 Can whole tomatoes, 1 can tomato puree 2) 2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans 3) Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots (3 lbs total) 4) Whole Grain Pasta (1 lb) 5) Italian Spice Mix
Cook Pasta. While pasta is cooking, put all other ingredients into large pot and heat. When pasta is done, rinse, and them mix together with the tomato vegetable mix. Top with fresh parsley or basil. Enjoy!
Dish 4 - Longevity Soup
1) 1 can whole tomatoes, 1 can pureed 2) Your favorite beans (I use kidney or garbanzo) 3) 2- 3 lbs of Your favorite frozen veggies plus 1 lb of frozen collards 4) Your favorite starch (potato, sweet potato rice, barley) cooked separate then added 5) your favorite seasoning (I use fresh ginger, garlic)
Place tomatoes in large pot. Add in 2 28 oz cans of water. Then add in all other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Dish 5 - New Orleans Jambalaya
1) 2 28 oz can Whole Tomatoes (No Salt Added) 2) 2 cans 14 oz can red beans or kidney beans (No Salt Added) 3) 3 lbs frozen Vegetables, corn, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash (equal parts) 4) Success Quick Cooking Brown rice (1 large bag) 5) Spice mix
Cook Brown Rice (Success Quick Cooking), While rice is cooking, place tomatoes, and veggies in pot and heat. Add in 4 cloves garlic, diced, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp thyme, 4 tsp paprika, .25 to .5 tsp cayenne pepper. And heat.
When rice is done, place in a bowl and serve tomato vegetable mix on top.
Remember, there are no rules. The main issue is that they can all be made simple and inexpensively in 10-15 minutes with almost no preparation, cutting, chopping, dicing, or much of a clean up.
If you try them and have ways to improve them, feel free to share them here.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.