43 is absolutely not too late to start! You can do it!
I'll be thinking of you and your "Resolution Revolution." My advice with resolutions is to make them specific, and something you can work towards over time.
So something like:
1) I will not drink more than one soda (regular or diet) per month.
2) I will run at least 10 miles each week
3) I will work out with weights three times per week, on average
4) When eating out, I will not order items that are fried, "smothered", or covered in cheese
It's also good to have some goals, like:
1) I will reduce my body fat percentage by 5% by the summer
2) I will drop at least one clothing size this year
3) I will be able to do ten pushups on my toes (not knees) by the end of winter
Write them down on a card and keep them in your purse. Look at them every day and dedicate yourself to them.
But here's the key...let's say you miss a goal, or you have a week where you only go to the gym twice, or something like that. Pull out your card, and decide to start again that day. Don't worry about what you didn't do in the past. Just do it starting today. And if you mess up today, start again tomorrow. Remember, it's never too late!!!
Now you said to wish you luck. I won't do that. You don't need luck. You have what you need inside you to do this for yourself. So go do it!
Edited by: LIZANNEH at: 12/30/2008 (16:25)