Welcome Staceyes, from the token male on all of Sparkpeople. Congrats about the coming Bat Mitz - just been through that times two. Still paying, alas...
I was new right after Chanukah 2011. Some things that helped me get off to a fast start might help you too:
1. Drink the water. Every day. 64 oz at minimum.
2. Use the nutrition tracker as though it is the Soup Nazi. (Or Louis Gossett Jr.'s character in An Officer and a Gentleman). Aim for the minimum of the calorie range. Eat or drink NOTHING that is not counted.
3. Track sodium. Salt makes you retain water.
4. Get your personal trigger foods out of the house entirely.
5. Find an exercise you enjoy, and do it as often as you can, as vigorously as you dare.
One final thought: Hilary said "Itr Takes a Village" and also true here on Spark. While privacy and discretion are admirable traits, you may get more out of the social side of the experience of being here if you dial back on your privacy settings some. Again, welcome and congrats!
Edited by: BOSS61 at: 2/21/2012 (07:08)
"Some day we will look back on this, and it will all seem funny" - Bruce Springsteen (The real BOSS, as opposed to me.)
| Pounds lost: 34.1