Hello, everyone. My name is Eileen. I've been using SparkPeople at the recommendation of a friend (CEEBEE33) for a couple of weeks now and thought I would take the plunge and introduce myself.
My goals: improve my cardiovascular fitness, be more conscious of what I'm eating and, with a little luck, take off those pesky 8 pounds that never seem to want to go away. I'm not much of a writer, so I don't plan to blog, but I may dabble in the message boards. Here are my thoughts so far:
1. I love the exercise demos and mapping function in the Fitness tracker section, though I'm not quite clear on why the exercise tracker doesn't give you a way to include calories burned through strength training.
2. I've found the "official" food lists in the Nutrition tracker pretty limited. I'd glad that other members have entered their own.
3. Weight loss has without a doubt gotten harder as I've gotten older. It takes a lot more to get my metabolism revved up and more consistent activity to keep it there.
4. Right now my immediate motivation is getting back to my fighting weight so I can fit comfortably into the really nice designer jeans I splurged on a few years ago by November when I have to put in an appearance at a family wedding in Houston. Yeah, it's a shallow goal, but it's a tangible one that helps keep me on track.
5. Modifying your diet is a lot harder when you work full time and have to consider the likes and dislikes of other family members.
| current weight: 2.2 over