Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
Posts: 41 4/23/08 12:30 P
Okay, I'll play.
1. I love animals and I have a cat named Cadenza 2. I have been married for almost two years and I love it! 3. I work at a gym and I get to work out with personal trainers every day 4. All that exercise and personal attention has not prevented me from gaining 4 pounds. I'm hoping it's muscle. 5. I have hypothyroidism, so my metabolism is really slow and I have to work extra hard to lose weight. 6. I like geocaching, nature photography, and scrapbooking. 7. I am learning Italian and I hope visit Italy with my husband someday 8. I play saxophone and piano and I like to compose and arrange music. 9. I teach LSAT prep classes 10. I am a follower of Christ, and I am cultivating an interest in the emergent church.
current weight: 196.0
Posts: 3,457 4/13/08 3:19 P
Hey! How come no one came after me? I stopped the game?
Edited by: BEACHDREAMS at: 4/21/2008 (15:56)
The Home in Your Heart...where mind and body touch one another. www.thehomeinyourheart.com
current weight: 145.5
Posts: 3,457 4/5/08 5:15 P
ya'll are all very cool and interesting people!!
1. I'm 5'10"--wonder why that came first..probably because that's what folks seem to see first! 2. Been married ...32 great years to a wonderful solid loving warm man! 3. I'm a psychologist, working with trauma and pain 4. I love my work, my family, my church, my life! 5. My daughter got married in Oct and my son gets married in July. 6. I'm beach-struck...maybe because my first memory years were in the Philippine Islands, who knows... 7. When I veg out, I love to do it with a good romance novel. 8. I think good romance novels are hard to find! 9. I do meditation and think everyone should! (That's because I'm a health psychologist, probably) 10. Spark People is the most fun I've ever had on the internet--and dang near the most fun ever!
Edited by: BEACHDREAMS at: 4/6/2008 (22:05)
The Home in Your Heart...where mind and body touch one another. www.thehomeinyourheart.com
current weight: 145.5
Fitness Minutes: (13,451) Posts: 1,468 3/30/08 10:12 P
Okay- Here goes 1-My name is Terry and I just turned 45 years old 2-I live in a small town in NY 3-I've been Married 27 years to a wonderful man I met in high school 4-I have 2 grown children, both boys (26 & 23) 5-One granddaughter who's 2 (pix on my sparkpage) 6-I've put on most of this extra weight little by little over the past few years (from inactivity)(no more kids at home to clean up after,) 7-Love crafts- sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, crocheting etc. 8-My favorite flower is the Peony 9-"junk food" is not a problem for me...It's real starchy foods....potatoes (cooked any way), breads, pasta's, anything like that 10-Sparkpeople has become my favorite website.
“A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.”
"Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope, today is getting from one to the other"
Posts: 1,661 3/30/08 11:36 A
Ok, let's see if I can come up with 10 things....
1. I live in western NC and love it 2. Born in PA, grew up in southern CA, moved to PA, moved to FL before ending up here 3. Married 35 yrs 4. Two grown children, 33 & 30, one 17 yr old, 7 grandchildren, ages 16 to 2 1/2 5. Work as an administrative assistant for a company that provides services to people with developmental disabilities. Ours is the case management office. I love it. 6. I have sewn most of my life, since I was a young child. Love quilting now, am addicted 7. Love to watch the clogging team my youngest daughter will be a member of next year, Bailey Mountain Cloggers, from Mars Hill College 8. Am grateful to be where I am every day when I get to the top of the gap and see Mt Mitchell in the distance. 9. Daisies are my favorite flower. 10. Like to grow veggies when I have time to tend to the plants
Vicki in NC
current weight: 134.6
Posts: 6 3/26/08 11:48 A
I have been wanted to get a little more involved here, so here’s mine.
10 things about little old me: 1) I’m a Texan. Born and raised in Houston, lived in Dallas for 5 years, now in Austin. 2) “Single” still, but my boyfriend and I got a house together a year and a half ago. 3) I was a graphic designer/production manager for 5 years for a trade show company. 4) I have worked a three different ER’s and LOVE it. (yet now I do Marketing at an employee benefits wholesaler) 5) I am a Libra. Oh! And I turn THIRTY this year. Eeek! 6) I love Korean, Thai and Vietnamese food more than ANYTHING else. 7) I do Bikram Yoga, and have learned to love it. (Bikram is 90 min of intense yoga in a studio heated to 105 degrees) 8) I LOVE giraffe’s, and monkey’s. 9) I have two precious little doggies that I found as puppies and rescued last January. (I also saved and re-homed their mom and their little brother). 10) I am really into Rockabilly, and the entire culture that goes with the lifestyle (the music, vintage clothes, cars, tattoo’s, retro décor, etc)
current weight: 138.2
Posts: 29 3/24/08 12:46 P
1. I live in Angleton, Texas (near Houston) 2. I am originally from New Orleans. 3. I have also lived in Las Vegas. 4. I have 3 kids. 5. I have one dog 6. I've been married for 9 years. 7. I am a teacher. 8. I love to travel (that's why I don't have as much money as I should) 9. I love to read. 10. My favorite color is Pink.
current weight: 156.0
Posts: 78 3/18/08 8:04 P
Hi I am new to this team! I like this idea, here are 10 things about me: 1)I live in Franklinton, NC but grew up in Ohio 2) I have been an occupational therapy assistant for 15 years. 3)I love travel 4) I love Disney World and MIckey Mouse 5) I have a dog and a parrot 6) I enjoy scrap booking 7) Can't make it through the day without prayer 8) My favorite color is purple 9) I have been very happily married for 11 years 10) I joined spark people to get healthy once and for all!
Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
Pounds lost: 4.0
Posts: 55 3/16/08 11:00 A
I never introduced myself! 1) I live in Maple Shade, NJ after moving here from Philly 5.5 years ago 2) I married my soulmate 2.5 years ago 3) I'm an Administrative Assistant to a Dean and a Massage Therapist 4) I'm love to travel - am going to China in September to play with pandas! Travel locally as often as we can! 5) I feel I'm on the verge of reinventing myself, although I'm not sure what that means yet 6) I'm a near death experiencer 7) SparkPeople has given me the umph I need to help with #5 8) I love pandas (see #4) and am becoming more eco-friendly 9) I am a Reiki Master 10) SparkPeople is the shot in the arm I've been looking for, and it's the catalyst for #5! As the flabby layers peel, I'm discovering that I'm evolving to a new level of living.
Edited by: CATBELLY at: 3/16/2008 (10:59)
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows. Michael Landon
current weight: 174.0
Posts: 421 3/13/08 11:34 A
oooo i like this! 1. My name is Kerry 2. Im a libra 3. I got married july 2007 4. Im a senior support worker for sensory impaired adults with learning disabilities 5. My brother (skinny toned and athletic!) has challenged me to a race in summer, that i must win! 6. Im 25 7. I favourite colour's blue 8. I love singing (when no-ones around!) 9. I drive 10. I love watchin lost
'Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going'
"Reach for the sky, hold your head up high, cause tonight and every night, your a superstar"
current weight: 178.0
Posts: 103 3/11/08 4:21 P
Thanks Mary Kay.
I'm so grateful that God's blessed us with a home here. It's not anything I ever expected; it's better than I'd hoped for!
current weight: 251.6
Posts: 26 3/11/08 1:13 P
I like your "10 things"! Many could also be mine! We would love to live in the mountains someday. The best to you in your efforts. Blessings, Mary Kay
current weight: 162.0
Posts: 103 3/10/08 2:21 P
1. My name is Tracy. 2. My highest goal in life is to love God in every day and love the people around me in ways that are real. 3. Have 3 sons ages 19, 15 & 13. 4. Am a licensed nursing home administrator. 5. Am taking some time off working since we recently moved into a small, rural mountain town. 5. Adore the outdoors and hiking. 6. Avid reader of both fiction & non fiction. 7. Remarried 2 yrs ago after being single a long time. 8. Am a dog lover. We have one we rescued from the local animal shelter last year. 9. Have struggled with my weight since adolescence. 10. Want to always be improving in life.
current weight: 251.6
Fitness Minutes: (1,234) Posts: 116 3/8/08 9:22 P
1.My name is Chasity 2.I am 27 yrs old 3.I have 1 daughter 4.I am a licensed Cosmotologist 5.I also work at automotive factory 6.I have an extremely fit twin brother(I'm so jealous) 7.I live in cold, snowy Ohio 8.I love to read books, and play volleyball 9.I trust and believe in the Lord 10.I am not a Buckeye Fan (Wolverines Rock)!!!
Pounds lost: 5.0
Posts: 6,420 3/8/08 9:12 P
Hi MJTEMPLETON, Your #1 is a great one. I feel the same way. Life is so much better when that is your top priority. Now I couldnt imagine my life without God in it. Also mom my says I have more animals than sense too.
Fitness Minutes: (2,919) Posts: 480 3/8/08 8:36 P
This looks fun. 1.My belief in the Lord comes first in my life. 2.My name is Marian. 3.My 3rd marriage is a heavenly charm! 4.I'm an academic type A geek complete with high tech addictions. 5.I have more animals than sense. 6.I thrive on being adaptable...it keeps life interesting. 7.I have greatly blessed with provision and live in a state of perpetual gratitude. 8.I value others and thrive on learning empathy in a wide range of experiences. 9.I will succeed in my journey to be a healthier, more fit vessel of service. 10. I will love myself more today than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
Best wishes in reaching your goals,
current weight: 158.0
Posts: 6,420 3/8/08 1:50 P
Hi everyone. 1. My name is Marlena. 2. I have been divorced twice. 3. I am a single mother of 2 little girls. 4. I am going to college to become a Medical Assistant. 5. I am graduating in May after 2 1/2 years. 6. Im 31 years old. 7. I live in Southern Indiana 8. I weighed a 130lbs before having kids. 9. I weigh 226.2 lbs now. 10. When i joined SP Feb 11th I weighed 240lbs.
1)I was raised in Atlanta GA. HOTLANTA 2) I have never been skinny 3) love Jane Austen 4) Love information 5) this is the first time i have talked with this team 6) mother of 2 7)African American (so #3 trips out my friends) :) 8) Love MOVIES 9)overwhelmed with life 10) So HAPPY to be doing this, FOR ME!!!!
Lieutenant Space Monkey Project Mayhem (Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid) Regenade Space Monkey Squad Check My Blog: fatPHATgirl.blogspot.com
"Do or Don't Do, There is No Try" ~Yoda "Soreness is our muscle eating our fat" ~ CHATTS
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 141 3/5/08 3:33 P
1. My name is Bri. 2. I live in Austin, TX, the live music capital of the world!! 3. I have two wonderful dogs, Christopher and Jazzy (AKA Stinky and Diva) 4. I am a Katrina survivor. 5. I am a movie freak! 6. I've lived all over the world (i.e., Scotland and Holland) 7. I am 25 years old. 8. I am working towards a degree in Mass Communications. 9. I'm an atheist (I know this makes me unpopular but please don't hate me!) 10. I know I could be beautiful again if I lost all this weight!
I know that last one is a downer, but it's true. Go to my profile if you want to see pictures of my doggies!!!
---Laissez les bons temps roulez!!---
"No flag, no country you can't have one! Those are the rules that...I just...made up...."
Fitness Minutes: (910) Posts: 1,417 3/3/08 12:37 P
Great to read about all the new people on here. We have so much variety and I see so much that all of you have already accomplised in so many areas of life. You're a great bunch of people!
1. My name is Linda 2. I am 51 years old 3. I have 3 grown children (1 daughter living in Savannah with her husband and my grandson. 2 sons, one just got out of the Marines after 8 years and 2 tours in Iraq, the other just graduated college) 4. I have been married 30 years 5. I have a BA in Business which I finally got 1 year ago 6. I live right outside of Denver Colorado 7. I lost 100 pounds 2 years ago, I did not make it to my goal and the weight is starting to climb back up. 8. I am in the process of getting a million dollar Veterans Memorial built in my city. 9. I am heavily involved in politics 10. I am still trying to find my passion (other than my kids and husband)
“Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
current weight: 215.0
Fitness Minutes: (35,494) Posts: 2,942 3/2/08 5:04 P
1. My name is Karoline. 2. I am eighteen years old. 3. I live in Norway. 4. I am in my last year of Norwegian high school. 5. Last year I was an exchange student in Michigan. 6. Photography is my passion. 7. I am a Christian! 8. I love reading. 9. I have a younger brother (15). 10. I want to study cultural anthropology.
Current member of Biggest Loser Fearless Fuchsia Winter Warmup 2013!
I was a member of Biggest Loser Yellow Lightening Bolts for about five years - I will always have the Yellow team in my heart. :)
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." ~ Edward Everett Hale
"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." ~ Norman B. Rice
current weight: 167.0
Fitness Minutes: (5,444) Posts: 44 2/29/08 3:30 P
1. I am 50 2. I teach Scuba Diving 3. I love to Dive (and ice dive), play hockey, backpack, x-c ski, skijor, canoe, BMX bike race, Mt. Bike, and HAVE fun 4. I have 50 pounds to lose 5. Weight Training is my favorite 6. I have a basin in Antarctica named after me 7. I am a computer Geek (37 years) 8. I have been married 25 years and love my husband 9. I am a twin 10. I am having a blast loosing weight (since early Dec 2007)
Train hard, and expect success
current weight: 172.2
Posts: 48 2/29/08 12:17 P
Not really a sport just Fun! :)
Pounds lost: 100.0
Posts: 361 2/28/08 6:51 P
I enjoy reading 10 things about each of you. You learn alot from that. There's always something interesting to read. Hope you all do well with Sparkspeople
Pounds lost: 25.2
Posts: 361 2/28/08 6:46 P
Leah mud riding sounds fun Is that a popular sport where you live?
Pounds lost: 25.2
Fitness Minutes: (690) Posts: 226 2/27/08 9:59 P
1. My name is Fran 2.I have 9 gown kids (oldest 32) 3.I'm 53 4 I love to garden 5 I'm originally am from Philly,PA 6.I now live in Florida 7.I spent 20 yrs in Saudi Arabia 8.I have a wonderful husband Ray (married 6 yrs) 9.I love to sew and cross stitch 10.I have 7 grandkids (with more to come!)
Fran aka Ninermine determined to reach my goal with the help of all my friends at SP
current weight: 151.0
Posts: 48 2/27/08 9:37 A
That would be riding in the mud. Whether it be on a 4 wheeler or truck :)
Pounds lost: 100.0
Posts: 361 2/26/08 8:26 P
ALACHICKY WHAT IS MUD RIDING?????
Pounds lost: 25.2
Posts: 361 2/26/08 8:24 P
1. My name is Cheryl 2. I was born and raised in Canada but have lived in Ohio, Nebraska, Pennsylvania,& New Jersey 3. I have been married for almost 43 years 4. I have a son and a daughter; one in Canada and one in the U.S. 5. I have 6 beautiful grandchildren 6. I love to travel. My favorite place was Moorea 7. I love to kayak, camp, sew, read, use computer 8. I love to have fun with friends 9. I am a Christian and my faith is important to me 10 I'm a breast cancer survivor
Pounds lost: 25.2
Posts: 165 2/25/08 11:58 P
1. My name is Kylah 2. I graduated in Dec with my Bs in Chemistry 3. I have a pet rabbit named starbuck 4. I am orginally from Cleveland Ohio 5. I am engaged 6. I am extremelly shy 7. My dream vacation is to go to australia 8. When I was in the 9th grade i wore a size 8 and still was called fat. Now i wish i could go back to that 32 in waist! 9. Im a horrible dancer but i do it anyway 10. For Christmas I will be buying me a pair of size 8 jeans no matter the price!
Trust Me I'm A Chemist "Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress". Bruce Barton
Pounds lost: 77.2
Posts: 48 2/25/08 2:08 P
1. My Name is Leah 2. I live in Millbrook, Alabama just outside of Montgomery & Prattville. 3. I love to paint, draw, & artistic things 4. I am a photographer 5. I am a cad operator (draftsman), marketing coordinator, & computer it for an architectural firm. 6. I have two boys Layton (2) & Blaine (6) 7. I love to do things outdoors like fishing, hunting, & mud riding 8. I am a nightowl 9. I am very close to all my family 10. I love sparkpeople :)
Pounds lost: 100.0
Posts: 48 2/25/08 1:46 A
1. My name is Kate. 2. I love ladybugs. 3. I have 3 beautiful boys (ages 7, 9 & 11). 4. I live in Arizona but grew up in New Jersey. 5. I love to read and play on the computer. 6. I met my husband when I was in college in Wisconsin (he grew up in AZ). 7. I have been married for almost 13 years. 8. I love the ocean (yet I live in a desert - go figure). 9. When I was in college, I had the opportunity to travel to Africa (Kenya) and go on safari for 3 weeks. Chance of a lifetime and I loved it! 10. I'm addicted to Spark People!
"Life's problems wouldn't be called "hurdles" if there wasn't a way to get over them." ~Author Unknown
current weight: 171.0
Fitness Minutes: (4,510) Posts: 12,738 2/24/08 7:27 P
1. I live in a small town in nw. PA, in the snow belt. 2. We have been married 42 years come June 18.(I'm 62) 3.We have one son, and one daughter. 4. We have six beautiful grandchildren, 2 girls,4 boys. 5. I like to read, scrapbook, take pictures and play on the computer. 6. I hate housework, but somebody's got to do it... 7. I have to lose at least 50 lbs., and hope for more. 8. I'm very involved with several garden clubs, from the local level to the state level. 9. I love to ride my bike on Presque Isle with my granddaughter. 10. I am a two-times cancer survivor.
♥ .•*´¨ ) ..•*¨) -:¦:- (. ;.•.♥ .•*´¨ ) ..•*¨) -:¦:- ♥.•*¨-: (. ;.•.♥ Joy ♥.•*¨) ;.•. ♥.•*¨-:♥¦:-. ;.•.♥ -:¦:- Albion, PA Joined 2/10/08
1. I am 50 pounds overweight. 2. I am 53 years old. 3. I am trying to get through menopause without losing my mind. 4. I am married. 5. I have two grown sons. 6. I have one grandson. 7. I am an administrative assistant in a junior high school. 8. I live in Canada. 9. I have one sister and one brother. 10. I love SparkPeople!
If ever in doubt...don't!
Keep on, keeping on!
Pounds lost: 14.0
Posts: 2,063 2/22/08 5:21 P
1. My name is Melissa 2. I have been married for 17 years. 3. I have one 14 year old daughter. 4. I am a twin. 5. Last year I dropped 20 pounds. 6. I have put back almost 5 pounds. 7. I work as an Administrative Assistant. 8. I love chocolate. 9. I am addicted to Days of Our Lives and The Young and The Restless. 10. I loved The Kite Runner. (book not movie)
Edited by: MELISSADALE at: 2/22/2008 (17:20)
Melissa from Ontario Canada
When you fail to plan , you plan to fail.
March Minutes: 180
Posts: 241 2/22/08 4:57 P
1. my name is Christine 2. i'm 22 years old 3. i live on long island, ny 4. i go to school on manhattan 5. i have a boyfriend who lives in nj 6. i love love love to read 7. i have an 8 year old sister 8. i am very close to my family 9. i gained over 30 lbs. since i've been w/ my b/f (3 years) 10. i'm a procrastinator....a big one
current weight: 135.0
Posts: 48 2/22/08 1:33 P
1. My name is Katie 2. I am 28 years old 3. I have 2 kids 4. I just graduated nursing school 5. I have 100+ pounds to lose 6. I eat mostly when I'm bored 7. I need to work on not eating on what sounds good at the moment and think before I do it. 8. I've been married for almost 9 years. 9. I gained 80+ pounds with my first pregnancy because I felt it was an excuse to eat what I normally did not eat. 10. I know I have the motivation to change my life, I'm just scared I will give in to temptation.
Posts: 3,737 2/21/08 6:27 P
1.My name is Sherry 2.I have five sons(ages 19,21,22,22,&23) 3.I have a wonderful,supportive boyfriend of 11 yrs. 4.I have three grandchildren and one on the way :-) 5.I have been in the food service industry for about 30 years(started working at an ice cream parlor at age 12,a deli manager for 9 years and a fast food restaraunt manager for 15 years)the best is yet to come (check out #6!!!) 6.I am currently a cake decorater 7.I have been overweight my whole life 8.I have 100+ pounds to lose 9.I am very headstrong and motivated to do this 10.I have decided to finally take control and change my aproach to food and excercise so I can be around to meet my great-grandchildren. Thank you for listening, Sherry
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart,and my portion for ever. Psalms 73:26
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
"If you always do what you've always done, You're Always Going To Get What You've Always Gotten."
current weight: 308.0
Fitness Minutes: (8,220) Posts: 181 2/21/08 2:12 P
1. My name is Melanie 2. I have 2.5 kids (Husband..gotta love em) 3. dog family 4. last smoke was on Jan 28th this year at 7:30 am 5. I can breathe easier since I quit smoking 6. smoking took up a lot of my free time 7. I have a lot more time to get things done now (amazing isn't it) 8. I have noticed since joining that I was eating a lot of crap 9. The post office will not give a zip code to your hiney. 10. Whoppers may be yummy but they are not worth the calories (the candy not the burger)
Edited by: MELLIEKMO at: 2/21/2008 (14:40)
I WILL make better choices. I WILL do what it takes to get rid of this weight. I WILL NOT STAY WHERE I AM! I REFUSE TO STAY OVER 200 LBS!
“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers
current weight: 202.0
Posts: 874 2/21/08 10:25 A
1. My name is Meryl 2. I am 25, going on 26 in May 3. I am from Massachusetts 4. I have a Bachelors of Science in Marine Science 5. I absolutely LUV sea turtles!!! 6. Also LUV dill pickles :) 7. I live to travel 8. I work full time and go to the gym when I am done 9. I am a certifited SCUBA diver 10. I am very happy on the outside but not on the inside :( 11. I am a binge snacker and then feel guilty
Edited by: BUGABOO7500 at: 2/21/2008 (10:24)
BLC 11: Dark Blue Divas and Dudes
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" ~Bobby McFerrin
Pounds lost: 48.8
Posts: 25 2/21/08 9:57 A
1. My name is Lydia. 2. I'm 20 years old. 3. I just moved to NYC from New Orleans 2 months ago. 4. I am a theatre dork and do both onstage and backstage stuff. 5. I work 40 hour weeks. 6. I am an emotional eater. 7. I hate eating breakfast. 8. I am not a huge fan of how I look. 9. I love pickles. 10. My boyfriend is my number one fan for starting SP.
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 5 2/20/08 10:45 P
1. My name is Violet 2. i'm 27 yrs old 3. i have two kids 4. i live in west central tx 5. i'm tired of not looking like how i feel 6. i'm an emotional eater 7. i like to work out when i have time 8. i work full time 9. i'm in grad school about to graduate 10. i love chocolate.
current weight: 236.4
Posts: 24 2/20/08 4:42 P
1) I just turned twenty one a month ago 2) I'm a full time college student 3) I'm a writer (in that, I write) 4) I'm currently watching Fraggle Rock 5) I love laughter 6) I love movies, particularly horror or comedy 7) I love walking, sometimes with some running 8) I have some great friends 9) I live in New Jersey 10) I love fruits and vegetables
current weight: 123.4
Posts: 16 2/20/08 2:32 P
1 - I have 3 beautiful children! 2 - I am married to a wonderful man - 2nd times a charm! 3 - I am the baby of the family! 4 - I recently bought the house I grew up in when my parents moved to Las Vegas! 5 - I am terrified of flying, but will be going to visit them in July! 6 - I can't swim, but one of my goals is to look good in a bathing suit in Vegas! 7 - I hate to cook! 8 - Chocolate covered pretzels are my weakness! 9 - I love to curl up with a good book! 10- I just bought a mini trampoline and havent broken my neck yet! 10-
Posts: 29 2/20/08 1:54 P
1) I married my high school sweetheart 2) After 16 years of dating 3) We have three cats 4) I'm a native Californian 5) I just bought an elliptical for home use 6) I have RSI and neck problems that will require surgery at some point - so I need to be in shape for the surgery 7) I love warm weather and beaches 8) I lost 35 lbs in 2005, so I know I can do this 9) I'm a planner - except when it comes to food! 10) I'm a middle child - so I can see everyone's point of view!
Posts: 16 2/20/08 1:32 P
1. I have been married for almost 14 years, but have known my hubby for 20 years.
2. I have a 10 year old son and a 5 yr old dtr.
3. I run a daycare out of my home.
4. I have 2 kitties, one male and one female, who are siblings.
5. I am originally from San Diego California
6. I am addicted to reality TV
7. I worked in Education (special ed; teaching) for 12 years before I started my daycare
8. I have a minor in Math with my degree.
9. My mommy died 11 years ago.
10. I am a middle child, complete with all the hangups.
2/16/08 135 2/24/08 128.8 On my way...
Posts: 584 2/20/08 12:41 P
1. My name is Samantha, or Sam 2. I have a puppy and 2 kitties 3. I have been with my partner for 5 years on 2/27 4. I want to be a lawyer when I grow up 5. I love computers and technology 6. I own my own condo 7. I just bought a new car - Chevy Cobalt 8. I am getting my masters in legal administartion 9. I love to read inspirational quotes every day 10. This is the first real time I have tried to change my diet and my lifestyle.
"when you reach the edge of darkness you must believe that one of two things will happen: Either there will be something to stand on or you will grow wings and fly!" -Starky __________________
Pounds lost: 13.5
Posts: 224 2/20/08 7:13 A
1. My name is Michael. 2. I am a Christian. 3. I live in Cadillac, MI. 4. I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this August with my wonderful wife, Kris. 5. I have two sons, ages 15 and 10. 6. I spent 14 years in the Air Force and am currently in the Army National Guard. 7. I am an Iraqi War veteran. 8. I am a computer programmer. 9. I am a student pilot. 10. I like to play golf.
If it's going to be it is up to me!
current weight: 163.0
Fitness Minutes: (1,655) Posts: 17 2/20/08 2:06 A
1. my name is Kristeen 2. I live in Queen Creek, Az (South East of Phoenix) 3. I am a SAHM (for now) 4. My children are (Charlotte 5, Savanah 3, & Aiden 1) 5. I work out at home (Treadmill and JP Pilate's Reformer) 6. I am slowly converting to all natural/organic foods 7. I am going to loose 61 lbs by the fall of this year 8. I have an awesome sense of humor & love laughing. 9. I want to be fit/thinner to see family I havent seen in 10 years, for my vacations this year, and to feel 110% about myself 10. I am really tired right now, lol sorry!
Start on SP (195lbs) ............................... Mini goals:
Hey Ya'll! 1. My name is Ashley 2. I'm 24 years old 3. I'm highly sarcastic 4. Brownies are my weakness (and cheesecake, and pizza, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and...well I'm sure you get the point! lol) 5. What motivated me to join SP is there's a bet at work to see who can lose the most weight in 8 weeks - wish me luck :) 6. I'm from GA 7. Graduated from FSU Dec. 2006 8. Had to move back in with my parents (due to celebrating graduation, instead of planning for after) 9. Have one sibling - younger brother 10. I'm so going to be under 200 pounds this year!!!
Getting fine in '09!
Pounds lost: 0.0
Fitness Minutes: (268) Posts: 16 2/19/08 5:33 P
Hi everyone, I just started with Sparkpeople 3 days ago. So let me tell you a little about myself. 1. I am 62 years old 2. My husband and I just celebrated our 42th anniversary. 3. I have 3 grown children, 3 grandchildren (twin girls aged 9 and a boy aged 8) I also have a 5 year old that I claim also as another grandchild, I have babysat him since he was 6 months old. 4. I am taking classes to become a medical office assistant. 5. My husband is retiring this month. 6. He wants to retire and I want to go to work. 7. I love to eat. 8. I don't like water. 9. I will lose all the weight to reach my goal. 10. I love to read, crossstitch embroidery, knit, crochet, and quilt.
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 201 2/19/08 1:16 P
1. My name is Lisa 2. I'm from Pennsylvania 3. I work with computers 4. I have two children 5. I have 2 dogs 6. I'm 44 years old 7. I'm a grandma! 8. I don't really like to exercise 9. I ride a HD motorcycle!! 10. I'm Italian
312 + 194 + 210 = 248
Pounds lost: 2.8
Posts: 219 2/19/08 11:47 A
1. My name is Samantha 2. I'm 20 3. I have two children, Belle 2yrs, and Shawn 6months 4. I've only been skinny once since I was little 5. I knit, crochet and sew 6. I like to read good series of books 7. I like gory movies 8. I'm lactose intolerant 9. My husband doesn't support me 10. I'm finally losing weight for me!
"You want a piece of me" - Britney Spears
current weight: 176.6
Posts: 19 2/19/08 9:07 A
1. my name is Denise 2.I live in NY 3. I have 3 childern one boy and 2 girls. 4. I am married and it will be 12 years in Aug. 5. I am 33 and my Birthday is April 1st 6. I work at a home day care with my friend. 7. I love w orking with children. 8. I love to garden 9. I like to scrapbook, and ather crafts. 10. I like to watch the bigest losser.
current weight: 216.0
Posts: 16 2/18/08 7:07 P
1. My name is Sue 2. I live in Oklahoma 3. I grew up in Hawaii 4. I am 61 years old 5. I have two daughters, a granddaughter & a grandson 6. I love doing crafts, knitting, embroidery, blackwork, crocheting,etc 7. I enjoy computers 8. I love to travel 9. I have been a Radiology Technologist for 40 years 10. I want to lose 30-40 pounds
current weight: 180.0
Posts: 7 2/18/08 2:48 P
1. My name is Heather 2. I live in Kentucky 3. I have two children; Alex 7 and Aaron 3 4. I am a stay-at-home mom 5. I have 4 brothers and 1 sister, all younger 6. I am very honest, but friendly 7. I love to sing, normally I can be found at singsnap.com 8. I also love to read fantasy novels like Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind.... 9. I am 24 years old 10. I am trying to learn how to control myself and stay on track with my excercise and nutrition
Fitness Minutes: (435) Posts: 14 2/18/08 1:32 P
1. My name is Nicole 2. I will turn 30 this year. 3. I have two children, DD 3 and DS 7 4. I was born and raised in Boston, but live in GA now. 5. My husband and I love to eat. 6. We also like wine...and beer... 7. I joined karate with my son. 8. I really want to lose some poundage (15) before my birthday (5/5/2008) 9. I am a special education teacher (also stressful) 10. I eat when I am upset, and do not have self control@
Posts: 12,705 2/18/08 12:27 P
1. My name is Page & I'm married. 2. I live in GA 3. I have one son, 14 4. I love to eat! 5. I enjoy books & movies 6. Hanging out w/friends & family is the best 7. I work in a finance office & love my co-workers 8. One of my guilty pleasures is old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210. 9. Joining this website has got me really motivated & I really hope it lasts! 10. I plan to go back to school to finish my bachelor's degree in accounting.
1/16/10 Museum of Aviation 5K - Done 3/6/10 Disney Princess 5K - Done 4/18 RunForWater 6K 6/27/10 Iron Girl Triathlon
Ya~Ya name: Duchess Singing Creek "If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough. ~ Edward Everett Hale
current weight: 144.6
Posts: 11 2/18/08 8:45 A
1) Single (divorced) have 3 children 11G,9B,5G 2) My dad was military I traveled alot, I'm an Army Brat! 3) I'm a Nite Owl 4) I have a hard time getting motivated 5) Goal is to overcome shyness 6) My name is Jennifer 7) I love mexican foods 8) Me and my Ex are back 2gether! Getting remarried 9) Got 2 fit into wedding dress 10) Also another reason I want 2 lose weight is for my kids, 2 have enough energy to keep up with them all day, everyday!
current weight: 146.0
Fitness Minutes: (665) Posts: 113 2/18/08 12:43 A
1. My name is Gina 2. I have been married 4.5 years 3. My husband is in the military 4. I have lived in 4 different countries, and moved 14 times. 5. I'm a vegetarian 6. I would like to lose 75 pounds 7. I think that the hardest thing about weight loss for me, is getting the motivation to exercise and stick with it. 8. I love going to church 9. My favorite tv shows at the moment: Big Brother, You are what you eat, Cashmere Mafia, How Clean is your house 10. I love soup!
current weight: 213.5
Posts: 102 2/17/08 11:53 P
Hi all....I'm Wanda -I live in Colorado -I am 54 years old -I have two sons in their early twenties -I am a NICU RN -I have been 30-40 lbs. overweight for two decades -my youngest son is the fitness manager at my 24 Hr. Fitness gym -this same son is also my personal trainer (no pressure there, huh?) -I am also mother to two dogs (Lhasa and Shih Tzu) and one calico cat...and I seriously love my pets -I am 5'1" tall...so if I would just grow a few inches my weight problems would be over -I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, and photography...I do not enjoy working out, though I am doing my best to hit the gym five days a week
In the midst of winter I discovered there was within me an invincible summer -Camus
current weight: 159.5
Posts: 2,925 2/17/08 10:13 P
1. My name is Wendy and I am 47 years old. 2. I am a single (divorced) mom of 2 great kids. Laura is 12 and Danny is 11. 3. I am a Christian. 4. I am a Jersey Girl and proud of it! 5. I am a Registered Nurse, currently on sabbatical for health reasons. 6. My highest weight ever was 486 pounds before I had gastric bypass 7 years ago and lost 250 pounds. I had regained about 40 pounds of that, but now I'm losting again. 7. I LOVE to read--especially Christian Historical Fiction. 8. I have a sweet little dog named Duke. He is 1/2 Bichon and 1/2 Toy Poodle, and maybe a little bit kangaroo too! 9. I have recently learned I have sensitivities to eggs, wheat, dairy, and bananas, so I no longer eat any of them. 10. I am more motivated now than I have ever been, and I'm doing very well with this!!
I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors.
Check out my BLOG!! View it from my SparkPage.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. --Phil. 4:13
IN GOD WE TRUST
Pounds lost: 103.0
Posts: 83 2/17/08 9:47 P
1.I am a Christ Follower 2.I am married to a wonderful man, 2nd marriage 3. I have three boys, and 4 step-children 4. I run a home daycare 5. I am in college full time (did I mention that I'm married to a wonderful man? He's encouraging and patient) 6. I am the oldest of 5 children. 7. My favorite color is red. 8. I have S.A.D. and live in Michigan... 9. Photography is a hobby of mine 10. I once lost 75 pounds. It took 2 years. It can be done!
current weight: 177.0
Posts: 934 2/17/08 8:13 P
1. I am married with two wonderful daughters. 2. I love chocolate. 3. I enjoy trying new recipes. 4. I love to walk and ride my stationary bike. 5. I too am a procrastinator. 6. I am a night time snacker. 7. My family and I love to go camping in our fifth wheel. 8. I am starting to sell doll clothes that I make on ebay. 9. I like to relax by reading. 10. I enjoy motorcycling with my hubby.
Edited by: MRSCPLUS9 at: 2/17/2008 (20:12)
Check out my hobby of sewing American Girl , Our Generation, My Life dolls, and Build-a-bear clothes and accessories. We are creating handcrafted jewelry, stocking sewing patterns vintage and modern
Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
- Emily Kimbrough
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 13 2/17/08 4:31 P
1. I am a huge procrastinator 2. I have 2 really skinny sisters and a skinny mother 3. I live on Cape Cod and rarely go to the beach in the summer 4. I am an optimist 5. I have 2 wonderful cats 6. I hate the winter 7. I am a disaster in the kitchen 8. Milk is one of my favorite drinks 9. It ticks me off when people say, "but you look fine" 10. I work in a public elementary school
Posts: 370 2/17/08 10:34 A
1. I live in CT 2. I am 38 (just turned that before the New Year) 3. I got married 22FEB2004 to a wonderful man 4. I work for an airline as a Office Ticketing Agent 5. I am trying to have a baby, and that is part of what the weight loss is about. 6. I also want to go back to school for architecture 7. I have Diabetes, diagnosed in the last year 8. My father was in the military, so I moved allot growing up. I really don't like CT (or at least not the part I am in) and hope to move someplace else. 9. I like playing RPG style computer games (I also liked the old paper and dice ones too, but no one to play those with anymore) 10. I have a beautiful torty cat who is getting rather old now, though I hope she will stay happy and health for a long time still.
"You always pass failure on the way to success." - Mickey Rooney
Pounds lost: 10.6
Posts: 3 2/17/08 8:23 A
1. i will celebrate my 29th birthday on easter this year! 2. i am a dental hygienist here in ohio 3. i feel like this task i am about to take on is so very overwhelming! 4. i started this as referred by a patient but have not actually done much with it yet b/c i am in pain. somehow i have hurt my neck terribly. 5. i want to get married but am not quite ready yet. 6. i want to have children but will have problems due to my weight. 7. i am still going on our honeymoon, now turned to a vacation in may, to the bahamas. 8. i do live with my fiance. we have a puppy named mindy....shes a morky! hehe geek 9. i lost over 60 lbs for my brothers wedding 2 yrs ago and have put it back on. i want to lose again for my wedding and beyond... 10. once i get started i love to exercise...it feels good.
current weight: 263.0
Posts: 40 2/16/08 9:42 P
1. I'm 28 years old 2. I will be married 10 years September 13th 3. I love children's fantasy books and movies (I'm such a nerd!) 4. I love the outdoors- hiking,camping,snorkeling,kayaking,etc. 5. Go to Disneyland at least once a year (Again,nerd) 6. Live in Arizona 7. My user name is Glimmer (My Dog's name I had growing up, I named her after a SheRa character), Marie (My middle name), and Lea (My sister's middle name). 8. I actually prefer the taste of healthier food but am always to lazy or broke to make or buy it. 9. I'm a perfectionist, if I can't do something perfect I tend to not do it all. That's why I have a hard time dieting. If I make a little mistake I feel like I completely screwed up the entire day. 10. I want to actually wear something that shows my legs, I haven't in 7 years or so.
current weight: 212.5
Posts: 7 2/16/08 5:50 P
1. My name is Chip. 2. Well actually, my name is Russell, but nobody except my paycheck and bank calls me that. 3. I'm 31 years old. 4. I've been deaf for 7 years. 5. I've been married for 2 years. 6. I live in Toledo, Ohio 7. I'm a big geek (but am here to become a skinny geek instead) 8. I make databases and websites for a living. 9. My wife lives 4 hours away while she finishes school. 10. I'm what many people would call a "bleeding heart liberal"
There are three kinds of people in this world that nobody understands. Geniuses, Madmen and people that mumble.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.