Easy Fruit & Flavor Oatmeal Cereal Muffins
Want your oatmeal cereal "to go"? This easy, versatile recipe lets you mix your favorite flavored oatmeal with oat bran and dried fruit for a dense, filling, and tasty oat muffin.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box of flavored instant oatmeal packets (12.3 oz)
- 16 ounces of oat bran (1 box Hodgson Mill Oat Bran hot cereal works great)
- 4 ounces of dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, etc.)
- 5 ½ cups of BOILING water
- Optional: sugar or Splenda
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Spray 2 12-count cupcake/muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray (DO NOT use cupcake liners! Muffins will stick to the liners.)
3) Combine cereal packets, oat bran, and dried fruit in a large bowl.
4) Add boiling water. Stir until mixed and the batter starts to thicken.
5) Spoon batter evenly into the cupcake/muffin pans.
6) OPTIONAL: Sprinkle sugar or Splenda on top of muffins. (Worth the few extra calories in my opinion.)
7) Bake for 25 minutes.
8) Cool for 10 minutes. Use a butter knife to loosen muffins around the edges before removing from the pan.
Makes 24 muffins.
Store in the refrigerator or freezer within 24 hours. I store half in the refrigerator and half in the freezer.
- Quaker Oats Strawberries & Cream instant oatmeal plus diced dried pineapple (my favorite)
- Apple & Cinnamon instant oatmeal plus raisins
- Quaker Oats Weight Control Banana Bread Instant Oatmeal plus dried cranberries and a mashed banana
- Whatever you like!
Dietary Information Amount Per Serving:
Serving size = 1 muffin
Calories = 125
Total Fat = 2.5 g
Cholesterol = 0 mg
Sodium = 79 mg
Total Carbohydrates = 26 g
Sugar = 9 g
Total Fiber = 4 g
Soluble Fiber = 2 g
Protein = 4 g
(Dietary Information based on Quaker Oats Strawberries & Cream instant oatmeal, Hodgson Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal, and 4.25 oz dried sweetened cranberries. Optional sugar on top is extra—typically 5 calories with white sugar.)
Edited by: EX-WIMPIE at: 1/11/2009 (16:41)