Greetings, everyone! I love this team's goals about trying new foods and doing home cooking, and I think I am really going to like it here -- especially since it is difficult to find recipes for "just the two of us!" My husband and I are on the Atkins plan, and also on a budget, so I am looking forward to seeing some great tips that I can adapt to our particular situation... and sharing some, too, of course!
1. Location (State): Oregon
2. Is this where you are from? No, I am a Missouri native, and lived there for all my adult life (17 yrs.), until 4 years ago!
3. Married, single, etc.: Married
4. Kids ? (have any) Nope! Neither of us wants children, and we're in our 40s, so it is also unlikely to happen, at this point. :)
5. Animals ? (have any) 3 cats
6. Hobbies, interests: I love cooking, menu planning, exploring frugal pursuits (reading/bargain hunting/trying new things), gardening, and playing World of Warcraft; I am also an avid reader, and I enjoy desktop publishing an annual page-a-day calendar for my family and friends... it is a lot of work, though, to come up with something interesting and personal for us 365 days/yr and every year after that! ;)
7. How long a member of spark? Just re-joined; was a member long ago, but they didn't have a lot if you were into low-carbing, so it wasn't the right place for me back then. Glad to see more resources and involvement now.
8. How many are you cooking for? 2, and I cook 3 meals/day at home.
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? I love reading/trying new recipes, so the more the better! If you know nutrition (especially carb) counts, even better.
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? Can't think of anything - thanks for the welcome aboard!
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.
| current weight: 209.9