1. Location (State) - Arizona 2. Is this where you are from? - Came to Arizona at age 3. Spent 20 years moving on military assignments with my husband. Returned to Arizona in 1990. It's home.
3. Married, single, etc. -42 years of marriage. It seems to be working!
4. Kids ? Twp grown, married sons (which means two beloved daughters-in-law) and one splendiferous five-month-old granddaughter. 5. Pets: One dog, a Border Collie mix named Sparky and cats Pandora and Sheba. They don't approve of Sparky. One aquarium of rather blah fish.
6. Hobbies, interests - reading, travel, geography, history, cooking, life in general
7. How long a member of spark? -Active since January . 8. How many are you cooking for? - Two, myself and my husband. And anyone else who'll show up!
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? - Friendship and sharing stories
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? I teach high school social studies classes.. US History, Advanced Placement Human Geography, Philosophy. Life is just good!
Hello all! My name is Betty, and I am new to this team, so let's break the ice with the fun little questionnaire!
1. Location (State) - Texas 2. Is this where you are from? - Nope, I'm actually from Eastern North Carolina, but moved down to Texas to marry my long distance boyfriend of 7 years. 3. Married, single, etc. - Almost two years married to my fabulous husband! 4. Kids ? (have any) - Nope, not for awhile. 5. Animals ? (have any) - Right now, we have four snakes. OneTexas Rat snakes and three water snakes from the local area. I hope to be able to get a rat/ferret ( my husband is allergic to cats, my favorite animal, so the kittens have to wait until after we can get him to a specialist ). 6. Hobbies, interests - I am a huge graphic novel nerd, along with a huge cinephile and researcher of all things fringe. I pride myself on my philosophical collection of books, and being the " Voice of Reason" among my friends. 7. How long a member of spark? - A few months now? I joined a few days after hearing from the doctor that I had high cholesterol. 8. How many are you cooking for? - Two, myself and my husband. I kinda find the recipes, and he cooks. But I'm working on changing that! 9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? - Just help me understand how to "weigh" different labels, what's better to eat during certain times of the year, ect. 10. Anything else you want us to know about you? - I'm going back to school for Environmental Science and Technology, so I hope to one day put my nerdiness to use for the planet.
I really hope to learn a lot from this group so that I can start cooking on my own, and entice my husband to get on board with healthy and smart eating!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.