|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
1. Location (State): Pennsylvania
2. Is this where you are from? Yes, but I was born in Philadelphia and now live near Pittsburgh
3. Married, single, etc.: Life partner
4. Kids ? (have any) No
5. Animals ? (have any): greyhound named Sobe
6. Hobbies, interests: yoga, wellness, photography, living greener
7. How long a member of spark? actively, since July 2010
8. How many are you cooking for? 2
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? I've been trying a lot of SP recipes, but I'm interested in seeing some already scaled for two
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? I started using SP daily when I hit 65, got onto Medicare, and began eating smarter and exercising. I lost 50 pounds, which I've kept off since April 2011. Much of my exercise has been through Silver Sneakers and yoga. I'm currently certified as a Silver Sneakers instructor and as a yoga instructor.
Mindful movement is a form of prayer.
I will do my best to meet and surpass my goal. Never stop learning or trying to achieve success. Never give up keep plugging away. If it is to be it's up to me. .
Hello. One thing I have found helpful is I cook a regular recipe and then immediately, before I eat, I portion it out into individual servings. I have a food saver so I put extra portions in bags and into the freezer so I am not tempted into eating more than I intended. If you don't have a food saver, using plastic containers and wrap works fine. And that way, I usually have a meal ready to pop in the microwave anytime. Also, if you visit All Recipes, they have a recipe calculator to convert multi-serving recipes into one or two servings and all of the nutritional information is available. Of course, I use all the information and recipes here on Spark.
One day at a time; one pound at a time.
1. Location (State) Cleveland, OH
2. Is this where you are from? Yes
3. Married, single, etc. Single
4. Kids ? (have any) None
5. Animals ? (have any) 2 female labs and 3 cats...soon to be 2 :(
6. Hobbies, interests Outdoors, reading, traveling, art, music, and many more
7. How long a member of spark? 1 year, but have not really done anything with it til now
8. How many are you cooking for? Just me
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? I really need to learn how to cook for one person first, then second I need to learn how to just eat my 1 serving
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? Heaviest I've ever been and it's pissing me off