|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
find foods that work with YOUR body chemistry.
i make this mixture for breakfast , lunch and dinner. i have lost 34 pounds .
i cook 4 large portabella mushrooms sliced, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 4 large onions sliced, 2 large green peppers, 3 cans green beans, 1 can rutabaga and 5 sliced chicken sausages. find foods that work with your chemistry. i created this meal on my own. i can't seem to loose weight if i eat any grain products. so one day i experimented.
it makes enough for at least 4 days, three meals a day. total cost is 12 dollars. i buy the mushrooms and chicken at sams club. sounds crazy but it taste good and most importantly it's working. i'm not hungry . if i feel the urge to cheat i go get a fork full of my mixture. i chew very slowly as to enjoy my meal.
i have added a small banana and grapes for my snacks and to be a fix for my sweet tooth.
you can add other foods into your menu. just know what works with your body chemistry.
I have gone from 198 to 164 pounds. i can now fit into a size 14 comfortably. i feel so much better. think of carrying a 2 year old around your waist every minute of every day. no i am not done. on the obese chart i have gone from being obese to just plain fat. my goal is to drop another 22 pounds. then i will be happy, healthy and never allow myself to get in this condition again.
one might say eating the same food every day would get boring. not true. when you look in the mirror and can see the difference it's worth
i went to the doctor. for the first time in a long time i was not ashamed to get on the scale. i did not have to get beet red because doctor said i was over weight. it felt GREAT.
I've been on this site since May 2010 and I am still learning. Take it slow and it will all hppen. Have a blessed day!
I am 60 yr. old wife, mother and grandmother. My hubby and I are full-time caregivers for his 91 yr. old bedfast mother here in our home. Although we are both licensed insurance agents and I worked for Weight Watchers for 5 years, we are both housebound until the Lord decides to take his mama home.
I cook every day and it is mostly just for the two of us since his mama gets Meals on Wheels. Glad to offer support, ideas etc; Hope to get to know you better. This is a great site.
"We are twice armed if we fight with Faith"
"Don't ever let your fear grow larger than your faith"
Hey everyone! I figured this is the easiest way to introduce myself :)
1. Location: Spokane, Wa.
2. Is this where you are from? No.
3. Married? No but in relationship with my boyfriend for 8 years.
4. Kids: He has two children (teens) that do stay with us on occasion, usually it's just us 2. I have 3 unborn angels.
5. Animals: 2 snakes and 3 rats.
6. Hobbies, interests: Music, Reading, Writing, Exercise, Karate, and animals.
7. How long a member of spark?: Since August but ACTIVE for about a week now.
8. How many are you cooking for? Usually just myself and my boyfriend. Every once in awhile we have a 3rd person join us.
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? I think it will be beneficial to talk to others who also only have to cook for a couple of people. It's so much easier to get already made foods since there aren't many of us. I want to get out of that way of thinking.
10. Anything else you want us to know about you?: Hmm...I volunteer with animal shelters a lot. I am an assistant groomer.
"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever"