|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
find foods that work with your chemistry. i created this meal on my own. i can't seem to loose weight if i eat any grain products. so one day i experimented.
i make this mixture for breakfast , lunch and dinner. i have lost 32 pounds in 23 weeks. i cook
4 large portabella mushrooms sliced, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 4 large onions sliced, 2 large green peppers, 3 cans green beans, 1 can rutabaga and 5 sliced chicken sausages.
it makes enough for at least 4 days, three meals a day. total cost is 12 dollars. i buy the mushrooms and chicken at sams club. sounds crazy but it taste good and most importantly it's working. i'm not hungry . if i feel the urge to cheat i go get a fork full of my mixture. i chew very slowly as to enjoy my meal.
i have added a small banana and grapes for my snacks and to be a fix for my sweet tooth.
you can add other foods into your menu. just know what works with your body chemistry.
I have gone from 198 to 166 pounds. i can now fit into a size 14 comfortably. i feel so much better. think of carrying a 2 year old around your waist every minute of every day. no i am not done. on the obese chart i have gone from being obese to just plain fat. my goal is to drop another 22 pounds. then i will be happy, healthy and never allow myself to get in this condition again.
one might say eating the same food every day would get boring. not true. when you look in the mirror and can see the difference it's worth it.
Hi. I'm on the NorthWest side of Chicago. I recently discovered those Minute rice cups. I am not a fan of brown rice but this one is not bad. We had it tonight in a stir fry made with frozen mixed vegetables. We also had some grilled chicken tenders to go along with it. I usually put sweet & sour on Asian food but this didn't need a thing. I saw a commercial for these cups a while ago where a woman made a whole lunch out of it using frozen pepper strips, etc. My husband and daughter have lost a lot of weight recently and I'm up and down with a medical condition. I have edema and my feet and legs are always swollen. I'm trying to limit my salt and I want to stay motivated. I haven't been very determined lately and I want to get my mojo back. =D
Welcome to the team
YOU ARE WORTH IT
SW 203.8 lbs
GW 150 by 12/15
CW 6/3/11-203.8lbs:6/24/11 - 197.5 lbs:6/28/11 - 197 lbs:8/24/11-200 lbs:8/24/11-200 lbs:9/14/11-195.4 lbs:1/1/12-191 lbs:1/11/12-190 lbs/4/25/12-190lbs:7/17/12 - 186 lbs;
Edited by: TIHAITIEN at: 10/19/2011 (17:04)
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."- Margaret Thatcher
“Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit” – Conrad Hilton
1. Location (State) Illinois
2. Is this where you are from? Yes, I was born in Chicago. But I've lived in GA, OH, CA, MN, and WI as well.
3. Married, single, etc. Single
4. Kids ? (have any) 2 daughters
5. Animals ? (have any) A Chesapeake Bay Retriever who is almost 11. I haven't seen her for almost 2 years, though, because she's in GA with a friend. I have had to do too much work travelling to be with her and I miss her like crazy.
6. Hobbies, interests I've trained several dogs for obedience and agility, gardening, travel.
7. How long a member of spark? Since April 2011 but I only got started seriously this week.
8. How many are you cooking for? One
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? I'm mostly looking for healthy ideas for meals for one.
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? I travel a lot for work, so any ideas on eating healthy in restaurants would be great.