|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Hello there.....and welcome.....enjoy the journey!
Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
How poor are they that have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
~William Shakespeare, Othello, 1604
find foods that work with your chemistry. i created this meal on my own. i can't seem to loose weight if i eat any grain products. so one day i experimented.
i make this mixture for breakfast , lunch and dinner. i have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. i cook
4 large portabella mushrooms sliced, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 4 large onions sliced, 2 large green peppers, 3 cans green beans, 1 can rutabaga and 5 sliced chicken sausages.
it makes enough for at least 4 days, three meals a day. total cost is 12 dollars. sounds crazy but it taste good and most importantly it's working. i'm not hungry . if i feel the urge to cheat i go get a fork full of my mixture. i chew very slowly as to enjoy my meal.
portion sizes are critical to your success. exercise has to become a way of life. good luck
Welcome to the Group.
I am also relatively new.
A lot of good stuff here. Have fun!!
Hello Michele & Welcome to the team yes you can do it...
you won't feel out of control or scared for long with this group.There is alway plenty of ready to help out and inspire you
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to SparkPeople...with a lot of thoughts going through my head. Excited about starting on my journey...and a little scared about the commitment to "becoming a better me".
1. Location (State) - California (Northern)
2. Is this where you are from? - Yes. Moved away for 15 years and came back.
3. Married, single, etc. - Married
4. Kids ? (have any) - Yes, 1 daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandsons
5. Animals ? (have any) - Yes, 5 cats. We live in the country and seem to attract the local feral population. We have them all neutered and vaccinated. 5 of them decided to adopt us.
6. Hobbies, interests - Reading, gardening, computer software.
7. How long a member of spark? - Brand New!
8. How many are you cooking for? - 2. Just my husband and I at home now.
9. How can the team help in supporting and aiding you in meeting your goals? - Team support is a new concept for me. I have always been pretty independent, so I am not sure how to answer this...
10. Anything else you want us to know about you? - I kind of feel that I am just physically deteriorating and for the first time in my life I feel completely our of control and scared about it...