|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
You have many options:
1) ask the hotel staff about well-traveled running routes
2) check out online maps like mapmyrun or usatf's site
3) contact a local running shop or club for fun runs or favorite routes
4) look for a race in the area
5) use google map to create your own route
I've done all of the above and these runs always help me to get the feeling of a new town and are good memories.
One piece of advice: don't stress too much if you run slower or have to go short, traveling puts stress on your body that sometimes can show up in your run.
Enjoy your trip!
A ship in the harbor is safe. But that's not what ships are built for.
Hello, all out there:
I'll be in Salt Lake city, near convention center, for a business trip. My marathon race is coming up soon so I need to continue to train. I just learned that the hotel my boss had us stayed in just closed their fitness room recently. Does anyone know if there's a good running route near convention center/downtown in Salt Lake city? Is it safe to run on the streets in that area early in the morning? Any areas to avoid?
Thanks for any tips!