Advertisement -- Learn more about ads on this site.
Fitness Minutes: (4,056) Posts: 32 3/6/12 8:42 P
1. I'll be 39 in less than a month and part of me is actually looking forward to turning 40 next year so that I'll move to a new running age bracket. 2. I have two little girls, ages 2 and 4 who challenge me in ways that I never would have thought. Who knew, for example, that I could crawl around the house meowing like a cat for a half hour while they played "kitty vet". 3. I teach high school and I secretly love my crazy, rowdy boy classes who look out of control to the naked eye. I know I should keep them in line, but after five hours of well behaved classes I welcome that surge of loud, boy energy. 4. I wrote a book that I'm too overwhelmed to publish and I wrote a screenplay that was made into a short film that I never had the guts to watch. It's too hard sometimes to see yourself out there in all your flawed rawness. 5. I finished two half marathons and the second time the finish line was along the ocean; it was the morning of my favorite aunt's funeral, and I could just feel a surge of energy as I approached the finish. I could hear her voice saying, "I can't believe you ran a half marathon on the day of my funeral. That rocks!" I finished with an ear to ear smile and tears running down my face. 6. I was always one of those people who swore I'd only run if someone were chasing me with a machete. Now I feel lost if I don't run at least four times a week. Who knew? 7. I am completely hooked on this site and I'm a bit bummed I didn't find it sooner. I really think it's going to be the motivation/support I need to lose that pesky 20+ lbs. 8. When I tell non-runners I race I can see them thinking, "Wow, if 'she' (read: the overweight girl) l can do it, anyone can." I'm not sure if I like being that kind of motivation. When I tell runners I race, they totally get it and I don't ever feel any judgement. 9. When my girls hear boppy music in the car they always say, "Mommy, is this one of your running songs?" and that always makes me smile. I love that they see me as athletic. 10. My husband just started running too and now we both make time one afternoon a week to run together. It's as close to a "date night" as we ever get, and it keeps us connected.
Edited by: ELAINEMISS at: 3/6/2012 (20:43)
current weight: 149.2
Posts: 156 3/1/12 11:47 A
1. My name is Kathryn - no one ever spells it correctly 2. No kids but we have a dog 3. the dog runs with me on short runs and has done a few 5k's 4. if you take a dog to a race you have to be in a friendly state of mind because people talk to you 5. I'm usually in a friendly state of mind so this is ok with me 6. it amuses me that people bring him water after a race, but not me. I guess they figure I have thumbs but I always get him water before I get any. 7. enough about the dog - I also have a husband who is a distance runner 8. one of these days I'm going to swith our race chips and PR baby 9. kidding about #8 10. I've done one marathon but my foot and I have decided that we like the half distance better 11. it just has to go to 11
“That’s silly...or a powerful mathematical equation, I can't choose which....” Doctor Who
Pounds lost: 9.0
Fitness Minutes: (313) Posts: 2 2/28/12 4:59 P
1. My name is Jeni 2. I am 31 years old 3. I have 3 children 4. I am a stay at home mom/wife 5. I live in the Central Valley in California 6. I am a weekend warrior and frequent concerts with my hubby 7. I LOVE to visit with my scattered family and will find any excuse 8. I have completed a Full Marathon 9. I am signed up for a 13.1 in May and my 1st Ultra in November 10. My Ultimate Goal: Complete an Ironman
current weight: 151.6
Fitness Minutes: (18,611) Posts: 288 2/26/12 8:30 P
Hi all! I just joined this group today!
1. My name is Stephanie. 2. I am 28. 3. I live in Chicago. 4. I signed up for the Chicago Marathon! It will be my first ever marathon. I am nervous. 5. I ran cross country in high school. 6. I stopped running after high school, but just started again last Spring. 7. I am an ice hockey player. 8. I am a middle school teacher. 9. I am a very enthusiastic and positive person. 10. I am looking for a running buddy.
To a healthy life,
SW 4/26/11- 195.4 GW: 142
Pounds lost: 8.6
Fitness Minutes: (102) Posts: 2 2/15/12 9:29 P
1. I am 40 years old 2. I have two children: son 6, daughter: 5 3. I love to run started when my son was born 4. Both of my children are adopted 5. In April I will be doing my first half, May I will run 15 miles, and then in September I will do my first full 6. We love to go camping and hang out on our boat 7. I have a major sweet tooth 8. I love to buy sneakers and running gear 9. I enjoy anything running 10. At 40 is when I changed the way I exercise and eat!
Fitness Minutes: (360) Posts: 2 1/17/12 5:06 P
1. i am 31 years old 2. i have a 4 (almost 5 yikes!) year old daughter, and a supportive hubby 3. i started running in college out of boredom. it seems to have stuck. 4. i work night shift so i'm ALWAYS tired. 5. i live in california. 6. i run in shorts. no matter the weather. i think tights slow me down lol 7. i have been a vegetarian more than half my life. 8. my favorite race is a half marathon. i've run 5. followed shortly by 5ks (short and painless) 9. before i started running, i was a distance swimmer. 10. i wish i could be a professional athlete but i'm not that talented!
current weight: 147.5
Posts: 34 1/16/12 6:37 A
1- I am 40 years old 2 - I live in the Netherlands 3- I work as a project manager for a multinational oil company and travel the world for them 4 - I want to stay fit while I do the above 5 - I would like to lose some weight but find the above more important 6 - I run for about 6 years and have finally decided to get serious 7 - I tried to kid myself that I can run for fun without any goals or targets. Not. I want to achieve something, get better and push myself to the next level. Turns out I'm a competitive person even when the only one to compete against is just me. 8 - I subscribe to Jasmines point 10 - I had to be 40 to get to this point and I'm not yet confident that this is a stable state but it's there and I am happy with it! 9 - my PR is 9.2 km in 1 hour 10 minutes - as per yesterday. The 6 years I've been a runner I never was able to run much more than 6-7 kms but since last year I've become motivated to do more, cross some borders and make progress. I look forward to improving that PR. 10 - April 22 I will be participating in a 10km run, for the first time in my life I am actually going to run in an organized event. Yey!
current weight: 171.0
Fitness Minutes: (10,869) Posts: 1,098 1/15/12 8:19 A
Love this thread! What a great way to learn about everyone. :)
1. My husband and I have this agreement that we wake up with our boys every other morning, because they wake up before the sun. Today, it's my turn. I've been up since 5:53. 2. I'm a coffee addict. This is because my children wake up at 5:53 in the morning. I try to limit myself to a cup or two a day. 3. I got a treadmill in March 2011 from my dad's gym because they were upgrading their equipment. Started walking on it because I figured that a couple of miles a day would be a good idea to get me into a shape that wasn't blobby. 4. Of course, I couldn't just leave it at walking so I started throwing some running intervals in there and signed up for my first race in July. But not just any race... a mud run. 5. It was crazy intense, very muddy, and I hurt my knee jumping over a low wall. I LOVED IT! 6. Ran an 8k in November in Philly. I LOVED THAT TOO! 7. I'm a professional cheerleader for my best friend, who runs marathons. I make signs, I scream like a madwoman, and I love watching other people race. Being a support person is the best and I love motivating others. 8. I'm training for the Disney Princess half marathon next month, which I'll be running with aforementioned best friend (she's generously going my slow pace as opposed to her fast speedy pace!) and another wonderful friend. My friends are all fantastic and supportive and it makes running that much better. 9. I'm turning 35 on April Fools day and if I survive the Princess half, I plan to run in the AC half on my birthday. 10. I'm at a place in my life where I'm at peace and happy. It's an incredible feeling.
Fitness Minutes: (57,757) Posts: 302 1/14/12 3:47 P
01. im from the uk 02. im 6 foot 6 inch 03. im 200lbs but at my heaviest i was 250lbs 04. im 40 years old 05. ive been running since sept 2010 06. i joined sparkpeople to help me loose my last 10lbs & get down to 190lbs 07. i use a garmin 110 to log all my outdoor activities 08. i use runkeepers website as i dont like garmins site 09. i run my fist half marathon in october 2011 in 1:49 10. i got a treadmill in december 2011 for my winter runs
Nov 07, 2010 - Derwentwater 10 - 1:28:57 Mar 12, 2011 - Dentdale 14 - 2:14:22 Oct 02, 2011 - Cumbrian Run (HM) - 1:49:22 May 06, 2012 - Keswick Half Marathon - 1:51:16 Oct 07, 2012 - Cumbrian Run (HM) - 1:44:38 dont run anymore
Fitness Minutes: (3,454) Posts: 44 1/11/12 2:16 P
1. After being overweight or obese all my life, I finally lost 80 lbs. over the last two years, while in my mid-40s. 2. I ran my first half-marathon last October. 3. I'm planning my first marathon in May (Ottawa). 4. I have an incredibly hard time eating well (I eat well for 2 or 3 days in a row, then binge). 5. I just had a full set of braces put in (palate expander too!). 6. If I could only choose one exercise to do for the rest of my life, it would be running. 7. Last year, for the first time, I tried stand-up paddling, hang gliding, trail running, and snowshoeing. 8. I have a weird, sometimes black, sometimes off-colour, sense of humour that helps me through the difficult times in life. 9. I'm stronger than I thought, both physically and mentally. 10. I am Canadian!
Being an athlete is a state of mind which is not bound by age, performance, or place in the running pack. - Jeff Galloway
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. - Louisa May Alcott
Fitness Minutes: (537) Posts: 4 1/9/12 9:18 P
O...kay 10 things about myself
1. I am not athletic. I do not have any discernible athletic talent and I am extraordinarily injury-prone.
2. I am arguably the slowest, most un- talented, most graceless runner in the state of Texas. I can only beat disabled or infirm folk, if I get a head start. For those who think a 10 minute mile is slow, let me tell ya, that would be a dream come true for me.
3. Facts 1 and 2 have not deterred me from finishing three half marathons.
4. I started jogging because I was sick of my obesity and wanted to be able to go up a simple flight of steps without getting winded. I figured jogging would be the most efficient way to accomplish these humble goals.
5. Finishing my first half marathon inspired me to return to graduate school. I figured, if I could accomplish a goal for which I had no aptitude, then there was no reason not to reach goals that played to my strengths.
6. I finished my graduate program with honors and I am enjoying my career as a medical social worker.
7. I am in my 40's and am finding that I only need to look at food to gain weight.
8. I have a wonderful, supportive husband.
9. I have come to accept that I will never, ever be a good athlete, so I might as well laugh at myself while exercising
10. My motivation is in the toilet and I am not sure what to do about it, especially since I have a half marathon coming up at the end of the month.
Fitness Minutes: (3,496) Posts: 76 1/7/12 12:37 P
Hello! I'm Erica.
1. I'm a 26 year-old woman in DC. 2. Once upon a time (high school) I was a competitive distance runner, and after a many-year hiatus, I've been happily running again for the past year. 3. In 2011 I ran a 4 mile race and a 10K, and am training for my first half marathon in March. 4. Recently I discovered that the IT band roller works miracles for my knee problems! 5. I work in PR for a government agency. 6. I'm an incredibly adventurous eater. Once I ate a tarantula. Not recommended. 7. I refuse to spend more than $50 on jeans, but find myself spending double that for running and yoga outfits. Oops. 8. I grew up in the Midwest and still feel that there is no better place to run than on a dirt road through cornfields in 30 degree weather. 9. My other 2012 goal is to take the GRE and apply to grad school. 10. I detest the phrase "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Bleh.
Upcoming races: 3/16: Rock‘n Roll USA Half Marathon 5/18: Maryland Warrior Dash 6/1: Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon
March Minutes: 0
Fitness Minutes: (43,147) Posts: 958 1/5/12 9:51 P
1. I am happily married 2. I have a daughter and a son who are awesome wonderful peeps 3. I am a school social worker 4. I go to Jazzercise classes almost every day 5. I have completed many 5Ks and three 10-milers. 6. My goal for 2012 is to run a half-marathon 7. I am a coffee drinker 8. I love to hike 9. I feel wonderful when I am near water, esp. the ocean 10. I try to practice mindfulness, being present in the moment and just enjoy the simple things and just being alive.
Sandy Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. --Joseph Campbell
Pounds lost: 23.5
Posts: 17 12/30/11 12:32 P
10 things about me: 1. Have run on and off since 2002. 2. Aspire to run 1/2 and marathon! 3. Teach children. 4. I'm a mom and wife. 5. Small small town life! 6. Forgot I'm a Gma too!!!(they r the best) 7. Have an older sister who always beats me in 5k races we run in!(she's my best friend!) 8. Love to sweat and love a good run. 9. Have a jack Russell( crazy girl dog! ) and two cats! 10. I'm making time for me! Scared about starting over excited too.
Sweat is fat crying!
current weight: 170.0
Fitness Minutes: (278) Posts: 14 12/27/11 1:36 P
10 things about me:
1. I have done 4 full marathons since 2010. 2. I have been with my husband since I was 20! 3. Though I train at altitude (CO), I have only raced here twice in four years. 4. I have two amazing kids- one of whom is profoundly disabled. 5. I want to be the next Team Hoyt and push my son through MANY marathons. 6. I have lost 125 lbs in four years... even though I gained back 20 of it after getting sick this year. :( 7. I LOVE to travel. This year I was in California every six weeks- either to race or sit on the beach. :) 8. I am a music junkie- I have more than 66,000 songs in my iTunes library. 9. I am a photographer on the weekends. 10. I have a horrible addiction to Diet Mountain Dew. *blushes*
Posts: 3,752 12/26/11 9:16 A
Ten things about me: 1. I'm a 4th degree black belt in karate 2. Ran my first half-marathon in October (with the 100-year-old who did the marathon) 3. Mother of two great kids 4. Practicing Catholic (all my life) 5. Married for almost 22 years 6. Live in Northern Ontario (Canada) 7. Lacto-ovo vegetarian for almost 21 years (meat, no; dairy, yes) 8. Lived in the US (Boston area) for a year 9. Love to work out (IMHO, women can't have too much muscle from working out) 10. I have never had an entire glass (or bottle) of beer - hate it
Edited by: SENSEIIRENE at: 12/26/2011 (16:31)
"One needs to cultivate the spirits of sacrificing the 'little me' to achieve the benefits of the 'big me'". Chinese saying
Irene Yondan (4th degree black belt), Goju Ryu karate Runner/Half-marathoner
current weight: 130.5
Posts: 211 12/20/11 2:18 P
1. have never ran a 5K and have always wanted to. 2. Love mushrooms could eat them in just about anything 3. Despise olives, wish I didn't...they look so cool in martinis! LOL 4. Divorced 5. Went skydiving twice last year 6. have a wonderful mutt named Chivas 7. love the country 8. favorite color is cobalt blue 9. no kids, but active in big bro/ big sis 10. Have a tattoo
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Holy crap! What a ride!"
Hanging on to anger is like hanging on to a hot piece of coal and never le
current weight: 187.4
Fitness Minutes: (3,583) Posts: 47 11/29/11 1:15 P
A healthy Howdy to all runners out there! My name is Chantel. 1. I live in Florida...just transplanted from upstate NY. 2. I have completed a HALF MARATHON....OMG I still cannot believe I did that! 3. I am married to my dream guy...really, he is the love of my life! 4. I am a nurse and a student! 5. I have a motorcycle (V-Star Classic) that I just love to ride fast! 6. I run because it is easier than NOT eating! 7. My goal is to finish ANY race ahead of my hubby! Just once!!! 8. We have 3 kids but only 1 at home....yay! They are all Absolutely fantastic human beings! 9. I am a beginner cyclist too. 10. I thrive among those that love life!
Wow, that was harder than I thought. I hope joining this group will encourage interaction between other sparksters...
This is MY time!
Pounds lost: 66.0
Posts: 209 11/27/11 6:28 A
1. I won first place in my age bracket in my first race but didn't stay for the awards so I wasn't aware of it until later when I checked on line to see how I did! :( 2. I've never been a fan of exercise -- until I started running. 3. I currently live in North Georgia. 4. I hope to move back to TX when I retire. 5. I am married to a wonderful, supportive man. 6. I have two darling daughters. 7. I have a spoiled Siberian Husky that is an inside dog (summers in Georgia are just too hot for them to be outside, I think) 8. I have had the same BFF for 30 years now. 9. I, along w/my family, do Civil War re-enacting. 10. I love camping & hiking.
Pounds lost: 19.9
Fitness Minutes: (36,515) Posts: 1,065 11/20/11 7:36 P
I'm Cynthia. I live in Washington, DC I'm from Upstate NY I'm returning to running this year after a 9-year hiatus. I've lost more than 100 pounds recently. That was the second time I've had to lose the weight (see 9-year hiatus from running) I'm almost 40, but graduated from law school in 2008 I don't own a car right now -- I walk (or run!) everywhere I can, and take transit or a zipcar otherwise I've given up wheat (gluten), so getting carbs is harder than it used to be My husband and I met on a blind date, and then got engaged after 6 weeks -- we've been married nearly 15 years now My sister also moved to DC about 10 years ago, and is my best friend (other than my husband!)
Currently maintaining within 5 lbs. (+ or -) of goal. I weigh daily, but also use a tape measure and the fit of my clothes to guage how well I'm doing.
Fitness Minutes: (164) Posts: 11 11/19/11 9:19 P
I am Danuta. I was born and raised in Poland. I love running. I've run 2 marathons and in January will start training for 3rd one. Sweets and snacks are why I am here. I have 2 awesome cats. I want to travel to Africa and Asia. I am a cartographer. I love mountains. I love my boyfriend :-)
current weight: 130.2
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 1 11/19/11 12:17 P
I'm Liza I'm divorce after 20 years. I have 3 great kids. All girls. I moved to Georgia from Wisconsin. I am a runner. I am studying to take the ACE exam. I love to garden. Once a week I take my grama to the senior citizens center. I drive a convertible. I grew up in Balboa California. I sew costumes, scrapbook, and paint.
Fitness Minutes: (6,205) Posts: 304 11/12/11 1:45 P
Hi, I'm Stephanie! I Live in Fair Oaks, CA (near Sacramento) I have been married for 2 1/2 years I have a 2 year old Border Collie named Charlie I have my BA in Biochemistry I own a residential property inspection company I am taking a German class for fun I read 24/7 (just finished The Hunger Games trilogy) I love running, but hate the treadmill. My next big goal is to finish a 1/2 marathon race (have not picked yet) I really, really, really want to go to nursing school
Thanks for listening!
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. -Jesus Christ (in John 13:34-35)
current weight: 194.7
Fitness Minutes: (57,387) Posts: 2,252 11/11/11 1:25 P
43 Mother of two young boys 4 and 6 Married 8 years CA native Live northwest of Boston Director of programs for non-profit agency Read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon Nakita is my favorite TV show Love 80's music Longest run is 7.75 miles (started running in August, but have been working out for 5 years)
Laura Boston, EST
"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over" F. Scott Fitzgerald
March Minutes: 0
Fitness Minutes: (231) Posts: 50 11/6/11 2:37 A
1) I'm a graduate student working on a Master's in Public Policy. After that's done, I'd like to go to law school. 2) I've been in way over my head during my first semester. I'm looking to get rid of my anxiety and reclaim my happiness. I'd never been anxious like this before. 3) I LOVE to run. I can run 10 miles in a single shot, and I've run 18 miles straight before, though I've never done so in an actual race. 4) This coming summer, I'd like to compete in a triathlon. 5) I *need* to run, preferably every day. When I started college, I'd run 5 miles a day, but now, I'm extremely busy and haven't been able to find the time. I need to make it a priority, however, because I know it's good for my emotional as well as my physical health. 6) I love to read anything and everything. 7) I like to write poetry. 8) I love bird watching. 9) I am a vegetarian. 10) I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf
"The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth." - Chinese proverb
"On ne voit pas bien qu'avec le cśur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - le renard, Le Petit Prince Call me Emme (a name formed from the two m's in musing_maiden). labelledameavecmerci.tumblr.com/
current weight: 147.0
Fitness Minutes: (328) Posts: 172 10/26/11 8:22 P
I'm new to this team and I just started the Couch to 5k program.
1.SAHM 2.34yrs old 3.Married 4.love the twilight movies and books. 5.Love to read on the elliptical 6.have a beautiful14month old baby girl named Leah 7.Love animals 8.Love the outdoors 9.Have anxiety 10.Want to run a marathon by the time I am 40
Edited by: BUTTERFLYFAIRY3 at: 10/26/2011 (20:23)
Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! ~Author Unknown
Pounds lost: 0.0
Posts: 870 10/25/11 5:28 P
I'm new too to this team, but not running :)
1. I've been pretty much a life long exerciser, off and on runner (more off than on). 2. I've done two half marathons, planning to do my first full marathon September 2012. 3. I'm a nurse and earned my Master's Degree in Health and Wellness Promotion in 2010 4. I have 4 kids ages 20 down to 9, have been married a little over 21 years. I was home full time with my kids for 13 years, with no regrets whatsoever. 5. I used to be a vegetarian, kind of go in and out of that it seems. Currently not. 6. In my early 20s I lived in Boulder Colorado (hippie town) and went to anti-nuke protests LOL! Still an earth muffin at heart :) 7. I'm a homebody, and would rather spend time with my husband and kids than anything else. Not much of a 'girls night out' girl, would FAR rather have a date night with hunky hubby :) 8. I listen to heavy metal and classic rock when I am running, love Metallica. 9. My daughters and I are Broadway/theater geeks. Oldest daughter is a theater major in fact. 10. I would love to do a destination marathon some day, but am still pretty busy at home with kids.
"I just felt like running." Forrest Gump
Fitness Minutes: (224) Posts: 8 10/25/11 2:04 P
Hello everyone! I am just joining this Spark World today, and I'm a runner so I thought this would be a great team!
1. I'm 29 years old. 2. I live in Tyler, Texas. 3. I've run 5 half marathons and am training for my 6th--White Rock in Dallas Dec. 4 4. I am a marketing manager at Mercy Ships--check it out! www.mercyships.org 5. I haven't always been a runner--I started about 6 years ago to lose weight. 6. My boyfriend is SUPER supportive and is a runner himself, so he inspires me. 7. I love to scrapbook. 8. I volunteered with Mercy Ships as a writer on the world's largest NGO hospital ship in Togo, West Africa 9. I'd like to keep up my running so I can run 3 half marathons consecutively (within the same month) 10. I went to the University of Georgia--Go Bulldogs!!!
Hope to get to know some of you better!
Edited by: VCBUFE at: 10/25/2011 (14:05)
Training for: White Rock Half Dec. 4 Cowtown Half Feb. 27
current weight: 150.0
Posts: 17 10/25/11 11:51 A
Hey all i am new to the team and thought i would share 10 things about me to break the ice.
1. I live in the UK 2. I am scared of flying (have flown in the past, not a great experience) 3. I have a pet miniature Jack Russel. 4. My favorite film is Despicable ME 5. I cant stand Cherry's Or Kidney Beans. 6. I suffer from OCD and i am world class procrastinator. 7. I once kicked a ball through a basketball hoop from the other end of the court (never been able to do this again). 8. I hate commercialism an greed. 9. I am a wanna be Buddhist (my lack of compassion kinda lets me down, but i am working on it). 10. I love my family more than anything else (well there maybe on the same level as my running :).
Anyway hi everyone.
current weight: 248.0
Fitness Minutes: (3,571) Posts: 81 10/24/11 11:19 P
1. I am getting married June 16, 2012 2. I started running in August after returning from Guatemala and being tired of being out-of-shape. 3. Tamtam64 was my super sweet Sunday School Teacher from high school, and I love keeping in touch with her. :) 4. I'm currently getting a bachelor's degree in Political Science, which I have no idea what I will do with. 5. Any long break I get from school is usually spent in Guatemala, where I do missions. My latest trip was 7 weeks long over the summer. 6. I blog, and its become a new passion. www.gingerspicevalerita.blogspot.com 7. I really want to finish a half-marathon that's in 2 weeks, but I had a lot of deep personal issues happen while trying to train, so I don't know if I'm ready for it. 8. I've always had self-esteem issues with my weight. 9. I have hypothyroidism, which makes it very difficult to lose weight and keep it off. I'm getting adjusted to being on Synthroid, but its tough. 10. Today, my time was faster than it has ever been, but I'm still truckin'.
You're not going to get the booty you want, sitting on the one you have. If you're tired, run faster, you'll be done quicker. Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog. If it isn't hunger, food won't solve your problem!
current weight: 175.0
Posts: 6 10/23/11 8:44 A
1. I will be turning 28 in 6 days. 2. I started running after I graduated college and wanted to lose some weight. 3. I just completed my first marathon last weekend and LOVED it! 4. My plan is to run my 2nd marathon this May. 5. I am single with no kids, but have 2 cats and a dog that I adore. 6. I am a teacher, and hope to be a role model for my students to live a healthy lifestyle. 7. I have always struggled to maintain a weight that I am comfortable with. 8. I am vegan. 9. My new favorite tv shows are Homeland and Happy Endings. 10. My next half marathon is in February and I'm hoping it doesn't snow the whole time like it did last year!
current weight: 148.0
Posts: 5,145 10/23/11 6:25 A
1. I'm 50. 2. Started running about 2 and a half years ago. 3. Started on Spark about 3 years ago. 4. I progress slower than others it seems... don't know if it is my age, or what. I can't follow the prescribed running programs usually... too fast for me. 5. I ran my first 10k this August 6. I'm married for about 27 years. 7. Every morning I grind whole coffee beans and brew fresh coffee. 8. I have two cats. 9. My wife and I are both teachers.. as were my paternal grandparents and my wife's father. 10. Today is a running day for me.
I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun.
- Thomas A. Edison
Posts: 4,317 10/21/11 8:58 P
1. I am left handed 2. I have 12 siblings 3. I am father to four children 4. After our first adoption, I becam a stay at home dad 5. We homeschooled 6. I was once 240 pounds and I lost 90 pounds in 18 months with weight watchers 7. I started running two years ago 8. I completed the Baltimore Marathon on saturday an dwill run in Savannah November 5 9. I play hammered dulcimer and mountain dulcimer 10. I love baseball and still have not given up on the Orioles
Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible and suddenly you will be doing the impossible -- St Francis of Assisi
1. I am 36 years old. 2. Pastor's wife of a rural Southern Baptist Church in NC. 3. No children, yet! 4. Running for 1 year. 5. Lost 40 pounds since March. 6. Play the piano. 7. Enjoy traveling. 8. Enjoy biking and swimming as well. 9. Been on several mission trips. 10. Running first half marathon next March.
Pounds lost: 0.2
Posts: 421 10/17/11 11:05 P
Hi All, just joined and thought I'd say hello 1. I've been on SP about a month and a half 2. Tomorrow will be Week 6 Day 1 of Rookie Runner training for me 3. Moved to Wichita in June so still getting used to the mid-west 4. Have lived in several countries & many states 5. Just started working out when I joined SP 6. Married to the love of my life 7. Still adjusting to an empty nest 8. Love green smoothies & fresh organic food 9. Signed up for my first 5k a couple days ago - it's on November 6th 10. I'm so excited about my new fitness routine; feeling great and ready to rock it!
This then is life: how curious! How real! Underfoot the divine soil, overhead the sun. W.Whitman
Pounds lost: 12.5
Posts: 53 10/11/11 12:45 P
1. I am 41. 2. Been married to my wonderful husband for 8 years. 3. I have two beautiful daughters that are my inspiration for staying active. 4. Been focused on my health and fitness for the past several years. 5. I am certified as a Personal Trainer and a Lifestyle and Weight management coach although I am not actively doing anything with these. Would love to though! 6. I teach Zumba 3 times a week. 7. I have been a vegetarian for over 10 years. 8. Love reading and staying physically active. 9. Started running in May and did my first 5k in June. My 2nd one two weeks ago. 10. Researching the in's and out's of running in the winter. Plan to keep it up.
March Minutes: 432
Posts: 88 10/6/11 11:55 P
01) Running is Everything 02) Running eludes Me 03) How do I become a Runner? 04) Running is Self-Preservation 05) Running takes Time 06) Running is Dedication 07) Running is rather Being Fit than Fat 08) Running is Cheap - isn't It? 09) Running is Friendship 10) Running is being at your Best
"What distinguishes those of us at the starting line from those of us on the couch is that we learn through running to take what the days give us, what our body will allow us, and what our will can tolerate." John Bingham
current weight: 275.0
Fitness Minutes: (2,244) Posts: 157 10/3/11 5:34 P
1. I just started running this year. Have already done 3 5k's (one was a mud run). 2. I'm married and have 3 beautiful girls 3. Only pets I have are fish. Considering getting a dog too. 4. I work for a software development company 5. I love hanging out with the family watching some tv 6. My first 5k was paid for by my job. Been addicted to running ever since 7. Love tinkering around with anything and everything computer related. Even setup a shiny new firewall a couple days ago.... just because I could. 8. Even though I don't really eat the way I should, I still don't seem to hit my needed calories everyday. With cutting out fast food it's harder to get you're needed calories than it looks. 9. I live in northern Utah and am actually looking forward to some running in the snow. 10. Even though I live in the rockies, I haven't gone skiing in years.
1. I started running this year at the young age of 48 years old. I have now run 4 5Ks and one 10K race. I love it! 2. I am divorced with two adult children. 3. My daughter graduated college this year and moved away from home. My son still lives with me and should be done with school in the spring. Woot! 4. My kids and I spent most of their childhood travelling to horse shows and events. We lived on a hobby farm and had as many as 14 horses at one time. Now we're down to one horse, no travelling and I miss it. 5. I have lost 160 lbs in the last year and a half, and I plan to keep it off the rest of my life! 6. I prefer audiobooks to music when I run or workout. 7. I love to knit and I spin my own yarn. 8. I am planning to do a Sprint triathlon next year. 9. At this late time in my life, I am finally learning to cook!! 10. Happiness is a decision, and I have decided to be happy.
Fitness Minutes: (23,665) Posts: 1,486 9/26/11 7:37 P
1. I began running in 2008 and I was 38 years old. Started late. 2. I ran my first race in June 2008, a 5K, and finished in 33 minutes. 3. I am married and have a 7 year-old son. 4. I weighed 175 pounds when my son was born in 2004. 5. I have been able to hover around 150 pounds since I took up running. Kiss 25 lbs bye-bye. 6. I live in Michigan, but would really love to move either South or West (Florida or Arizona). I love the heat! 7. I am always told that I do not look like I am 41 years young....:o) 8. My husband and I have been married for almost 9 years, but together for 14!! 9. I love to watch reality shows. 10. I am going to Florida in February to run my first Disney Half Marathon....can't wait!
Hope you enjoyed these facts...
Posts: 12 9/17/11 7:28 P
1. I've lost over 90 pounds through healthy eating and exercise 2. I live in New Mexico but travel so much on business with the husband that I rarely get to be home. 3. I'm an artist 4. I have tons of friends all over the country but few I'm close to 5. I love trail running more than anything, ever! 6. I'm a vegan 7. I'm 52. How the heck did that happen? 8. I've been married 30 years 9. I like wine and beer 10. I've been running for 9 months now
If you're not bleeding, it's not a trail run.
March Minutes: 0
Fitness Minutes: (416) Posts: 2 9/11/11 2:12 P
1. I am doing the biggest loser at work and joined this site thanks to the recommendation of 2 competition participants 2. I LOVE outdoor running to relieve stress. 3. I live in a beautiful city that allows me to enjoy scenic routes 4. I signed up for my first Half marathon (early next year) 5. I do crossfit 6. I bought my first pair of barefoot running shoes about a month ago because I have gotten really into barefoot running 7. I need a good running schedule for the half so any suggestions and links to a good schedule PLEASE send my way 8. I travel for work so will have big obstacles diet and exercise wise. 9. I want to lose 40 lbs by race day 10. I would love to connect with other runnners on sparkpeople!
Edited by: FLOR_X at: 9/11/2011 (14:14)
Pounds lost: 6.0
Fitness Minutes: (969) Posts: 2 9/9/11 2:17 P
1. I've been running consistently since March 1 of this year. 2. I've completed my 3rd half marathon in June, 1:38, a new PR 3. My running has been to help me lose 15 pounds. 4. I have not lost those 15 pounds, only 3! 5. I just joined, need support, ideas and a way to drop weight, but still run 30/40 miles/week. 6. How can I run this much and not eat to support it? 7. Married, 3 kids all under 6...and a dog- -great running buddy. 8. It will snow here in about a month, need to mentally prepare myself for cold runs. 9. Running the Whistlestop half marathon next month, would like to PR again 10. Looking for motivation and inspiration!
current weight: 136.0
Posts: 573 9/4/11 8:11 A
1. I started running with the c25k program (AMAZING) 2. I completed my first 5k in June 2011 3. I am 27 and a mommy of 2 boys 4. I deal with shin splints everytime I up the distance, speed or incline 5. I have a sweet tooth :) 6. I have lost 18 lbs 7. I want to loose atleast 2 more lbs 8. I am starting the program INSANITY tomorrow (9/5) 9. I am practicing for another 5k (that includes KILLER hills) on 9/17 10. I love running with my friends, keeps me going longer!
So glad I found this SparkTeam! Looking forward to keeping in touch with everyone!
current weight: 136.2
Posts: 7 9/2/11 11:55 P
1. I dream about running 2. when i run I wheeze 3. running takes away all the aches I feel all the time 4. on a diet 5. grumpy when no running and on diet
current weight: 190.5
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 2 8/14/11 1:02 P
1. I enjoy lacing up a pair of running shoes and going 2. I am in my early 50s, great times 3. I enjoying being with people who like being outdoors. 4. LOVE riding my Bike 5. Love running on the jersey shore beaches. 6. I think if you make a great meal, i mean a meal that will put a smile on your face, kinda meal your going to have to enjoy a making healthy chooses. 7.I am training to run my next half this fall. 8.I think that the treadmill is a very valuable tool. 9.I enjoy measuring my fitness progress . 10. i enjoy starting a fitness goals.
Fitness Minutes: (2,417) Posts: 77 8/9/11 11:54 A
1. I’m in my late 20’s and have taken up running in the last few months after a break of about a year. 2. I am in the process of completing a 3 race series, I have already completed the 5 mile race and in two weeks I have a 10 mile race and 4 weeks later I have a half marathon. 3. I am slowly building up my running distance and to date the farthest I have run is 8.5 miles. 4. I have recently started a new relationship with a person who is also into running and currently training for his 3rd marathon. 5. I am 5ft 3inches and weigh 10st 13lbs. 6. I have travelled extensively and visited over 20 countries. 7. I love adrenal pumping activities – skydiving bungee jumping. 8. I am a teacher. 9. I have a great circle of friends. 10.I have recently stopped smoking.
Pounds lost: 3.0
Posts: 156 8/7/11 2:12 P
Hey everyone! I'm new to this team too.
1. I'm in my mid-thirties and still get carded when I buy alcohol. 2. I'm married and have a dog named Minnie. 3. I tried running with my dog, but she is like an anchor. I'm not sure how many more runs she'll be going on. 4. The farthest I've run is 5k. However, the farthest I've walked is 20 miles a day, for 3 days in a row, in an event known as the 3-Day for the Cure. 5. I started running in spring 2007 to get in shape for my wedding. I stopped running in fall 2007 when I went to grad school while working full-time. 6. I gained 30 pounds between fall 2007 and fall 2010. It has taken me the last seven months to lose 22 pounds. 7. I started Challenge to 5k in March and ran a 5k in April. Unfortunately, after finishing that 5k, my ankles hurt for a few days and I decided not to run until I lost more weight. 8. Now that I'm below 175lbs, my body will let me run comfortably again. Yay! 9. I think my running shoes have around 400 miles on them, as I also use them for walking. I walk at least 2 miles most days. 10. My goal is to run another 5k, then a 10k, and finally a half-marathon.
current weight: 175.0
Posts: 441 8/7/11 10:13 A
Hi, everyone! I'm new to this team, but not to Spark. Here are my ten things. 1. I am 30 years old, engaged, no kids. 2. I have an adorable cat who is my baby and demands to be treated as such. 3. The longest distance I've run is a half marathon. I am starting training for my second half tomorrow. 4. I started doing Sprint Triathlons last year and really enjoy the variety it adds to my training. I've completed 4 sprints so far. 5. I still have at least 50 lbs to lose, but don't stress as much about it anymore, because I know through my training and healthy eating habits it will come off. 6. I've been a vegetarian for 4 years now and love all the new food discoveries I've made, but I still don't like tofu. 7. I live in WI, so I've run through blizzards and through 90 degree heat. I love running outside all year! 8. I have a goal of completing my first marathon in fall of 2012. 9. I'm still having problems convincing my mind that I am a runner. 10. I want to complete a half Ironman by the time I'm 35 and a full Ironman by the time I'm 40.
Well, here goes for my introduction! 1. I have always enjoyed running, started sometime when I was in college back in the 80s. 2. I forgot that fact, and rediscovered running two years ago, when I began running around in my neighbourhood as part of my get-back-into-shape plan. 3. Now I've run quite a few 5ks and a 10k (in Ottawa, Canada) and I look forward to doing more of them. 4. I've been flirting with the idea of doing a half-marathon, the idea is still a bit intimidating to me at this time- but I would like to change that! Hence why I am here! 5. I'm also thinking that I'd like to run in a variety of race locations. Different cities, provinces, countries! Next month is my 1st 5k in Montreal (Quebec). Now I'm looking towards the states for next summer. 6. My kids are into running now too! They are now aged 9 and 15 and have participated in quite a few runs as well! 7. I live in Gatineau (Quebec), which is very close to Ottawa, in fact I work in Ottawa. 8. I am a Behaviour Consultant to families with a member living with a developmental disability. 9. I'm 45yrs old, thinking about a change of career location, such as in Asia. Been there recently, again, and really love the culture, traditions and humanity. 10. It's 31degrees outside today (and add the humidity factor) and in 5 months from now it'll likely be -31degrees (and add the windchill factor). Need to have clothes for a variety of running climates!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkTeams, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.