|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Here are some facts about myself. I am not really new to running, but I would like to learn to love it.
1. I have been married for 5 year to my best friend I met when I was 9.
2. We have two daughter who are 3 and 4; trying for another baby.
3. I have been in the Army for 5 years and running for the same amount of time. I want so much to love running, but has not happened yet.
4. Working to increase speed.
5. I have ran numerous 5 and 10Ks
6. I love spinning and working out
7. Have a goal of running a marathon
8. I am 5’5” and would like to lose about 20 lbs
9. I love traveling, recently got back from living in Korea
10. Love reading and writing, cooking
1. I have been married once and for 22 years.
2. I love chocolate (and am trying to indulge less frequently)
3. I love to read books.
4. I think backyard gardening is a hoot and love the fresh produce "right off the vine".
5. I am tall-- and taller than my husband.
6. I have lived in 6 states and one foreign country.
7. I like to play the piano.
8. I like to compose music.
9. Sleeping in is fun, but running three miles is funner.
10. I love Spark People!
We have a lot in common both being nurses (oncology) and new to running. I ran my first 5K in early May and had a blast. Unfortunately, I had an achilles injury about that same time, so it's slowed me down a bit. I'm now back up to 2 miles (sometimes walking a little bit of that). Now that we're in our 40s, I guess we have to remember our bodies aren't going to respond the way we used to as much as we hate to admit that. I also struggle with my scheduling as I do12hr shifts, too, but only nights. I'm also working on my Master's degree so that is a lot of time spent reading and writing...eating into my activity time. Best of luck to you, perhaps we can inspire each other!
1. I have lived in 5 states
2. I graduated from University of Wisconsin-Madison
3. I have been a vegetarian for about a year and a half
4. I have been running for 5 years.
5. I love gardening
6. I have an adopted greyhound.
7. I can speak Russian
8. I have been to 5 countries
9. I work in Human Resources
10. I am a painter
10 things about me:
1) I'm a 44-year-old Hoosier transplanted to FL.
2) I'm married and we have 2 boys and 2 girls...all cats.
3) I started running this year and found I have quite a penchant for running shoes (who knew!?)
4) I'm an oncology nurse, graduated with my BSN from University of South Florida, and am now working on my Master's in nursing.
5) I play the violin/fiddle...anything from the Irish Jig to Pachelbel's Canon.
6) I am a HUGE Colts fan!
7) I'm learning to cook, but I'm not very good at it. Fortunately, my husband's a good fibber!
8) I love thunderstorms.
9) I love to dance.
10) Autumn is my favorite season.
1. This is my first post. Hope I'm doing it right.
2. I'm a 35-year-old SD girl living in MO.
3. I ran the Brookings half-marathon a few years ago and will do it again!
4. I'm currently doing the C25K program to get back in it.
5. I'm outnumbered by my hubbie and 2 boys in the house.
6. My landscaping has been my project and pride lately.
7. I'm a Chicago Cubs fan!
8. I'm an Iowa Hawkeyes fan!
9. I golf even though I'm not very good at it.
10. I got a BS in Health Promotion.
10 things about me...
1. I am 40 years old
2. I have a 15 year old son, who I have raised on my own, and am nor enjoying the teen years
3. I am a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit and could not imagine working anywhere else. This is my calling.
4. Like many of you I have lost and gained well over a hundred pounds but have never successfully kept it all off yet.
5. I enjoy running by myself.
6. I am running my first 5K in two days. I want to run either another 5K or 8K this season, run a 10K at the beginning of next season then run a half by next October.
7. I still struggle with getting out to run eventhough I know I will be happy once I am out there.
8. I struggle scheduling running in with my work schedule; I work 12 hour shifts both days and nights
9. I love to watch the Simpsons
10. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
1. I graduated with a degree in Psychology from the Univ. of Minnesota-Duluth.
2. Yes, it's super cold up there in the winters, but I love it!
3. I'm training to get into Officer Candidate School in the Marine Corps.
4. I used to hate running, but now I kinda mostly like it.
5. I don't like running with headphones on. Or on a treadmill.
6. I hope to join the FBI one day.
7. I was in Germany for three weeks after I graduated high school, loved it, and CANNOT wait to go back someday!
8. I want to get a dog to go running with me, because I think it would motivate me more.
9. One of my favorite past times is floating down the river in my hometown in Wisconsin.
10. I am a huge Steelers fan.
1. I am a native Houstonian who resides in New Orleans.
2. I moved to New Orleans for graduate school and stayed for the music inspired culture and arts.
3. The New Orleans cuisine might have also played a role in deciding to stay. Unfortunately, I gained almost 15 pounds of admiration for cream based sauces, lightly fried seafood, and sweet and savory cupcakes.
4. I own a dachshund named Roux who might be a long distance relative of the Energizer Bunny. This dog has serious endurance!
5. I started running to tire out an overtly energetic dachshund in hopes that I could have some personal time.
6. I immediately loved the results of our morning jog. Roux became calmer and more responsive to training. And I have lost 4 lb. and a couple of inches!
7. I am marrying my college sweetheart on October 15. We have both set fitness goals, lucky him, he is trying to gain weight.
8. I'm a victim of the wedding dress blues, only 5 more lbs. to go!
9. I would love to run a marathon with my dog, is there anything like this available?
10. I have recently discovered a passion for running, but I've always stayed active searching for the perfect workout. While there is no substitute to pounding the pavement I am always open to exploring new workout programs.
Hi everyone! My name is Kellie and I'm new to the team.
1. I tried and failed c25k twice before I modified the program a little and finally finished it.
2. To keep going, I'm starting the Podrunner gateway to 8k this week.
3. I'm engaged! Our wedding is in October.
4. We have a dog, a cat, and a hedgehog. The hedgehog consistently runs further and faster than I can but I can keep up with the dog after the first 50 yards when she slows down.
5. Thinking about that makes me appreciate the cat a little more.
6. I was born in Illinois and lived in Georgia before moving to North Carolina.
7. I love bad genre movies.
8. I have a masters degree in history.
9. I take care of 4 adorable children and do housework for money.
10. I love hiking and am planning to backpack the river to river trail in the Shawnee National Forest next summer.
New to the team - I ran my first 5k on Saturday and now I'm hooked!
1) My name is Sandy
2) I tried C25K in 2010 but got derailed. Found SP in January 2011 and incorporated C25K, SP 5K your way and other helpful hints to find what worked for me.
3) I'm really slow yet, but hope to start working on speed now that I conquered the distance.
4) I'm married to my junior high sweet heart - 22 years of marriage.
5) I have two daughters one just graduated HS and the other is in college
6) Love muscle cars - my DH has a 67 Camaro and I have a 67 Firebird
7) I'm an IT manager
8) Used to say my favorite pass time was poker - now I think it's my 2nd favorite as running is pulling out in front
9) Born and raised in Washington State
10) Now that I can move easier - thanks to SP, running and loosing 45 pounds, I have a new lease on life and I want to get out and see more of the pacific northwest.
I've been a member for about 1 year, but never really introduced myself. Thought this would be a great way to do it.
1. Been running (actually jogging) for about 2 years
2. This year I've done a 5k fun run (not timed), a 10k road run and a 10 mile trail run.
3. I'm not fast, but I'm steady.
4. 3 Kids, One just graduated from College, The other 2 still in college.
5. Almost an empty nester. Son home for the summer.
6. Son motivated me to start running. I couldn't let him have all the fun.
7. Love to pass people, especially if they are younger than me.
8. Work as a math tutor.
9. Love to kayak our many lakes
10. An Oregon native.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
"Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first" As seen on tshirt
Loving the posts I'm reading here! I too am totally in love with Jesus and trying to sync my life with my beliefs. I have lost about 7 pounds this year, and hoping for 50 more.
1. I am a 2-time half marathoner. When my dad first invited me to train with him, I thought No Way, but then I got hooked.
2. I messed up my foot 1 month before my third half-marathon (the Disney World half in Florida), so I didn't finish. Limped along for 7 miles, then called it quits.
3. I took a break from running in April, but am now getting back into it.
4. I run intervals now, but am trying to work up to running full miles (with short walk breaks for long distance races)
5. I am seriously considering the Disney Princess half in Florida!!
6. Okay, enough about running. I am single, but hope to meet someone I can marry one day.
7. I work as a video producer and editor. I love writing though, and want to become a screenwriter.
8. I live in northern Virginia, just about 30 minutes outside DC.
9. This is my first time posting on the SparkPeople message boards.
10. I'm looking forward to supporting one another in the weeks ahead!
Hi! I'm Lindsay and I'm new here :)
1. I ran my first 5k this past SuperBowl Sunday and haven't looked back.
2. I am married to my college sweetheart. He is an amazing husband and father.
3. I have two small children who are the lights in my life.
4. I have my Masters in Education, but work hard as a stay at home mom.
5. I danced for 16 years and because of it, my pinky toe nails no longer grow.
6. My favorite food is pizza. Any pizza. Hence the need for Sparkpeople.
7. I have lost 51 lbs since having my daughter last July. Only 13 to go!
8. I love reading.
9. I was married in Jamaica.
10. I am living for the Lord! He gives me strength to do things I couldn't imagine possible.
Looking forward to connecting with you all :)
My name is Jenn and here are 10 things about me:
1. I am 37 years young
2. I've been married to Eric for 15 years and I have 2 kids (Isaac and Ethan).
3. I have 2 dogs (Ruby and Sugar) and 2 Cats (Abe and George)
4. I work full time as a nurse
5. I am new to running but am so completely in love with it.
6. I just completed my first ever 5K/Cross Country race
7. I want to run a full marathon by the time I am 40 (2 years, 2 months left)
8. I would like to run a 10K this year before it snows
9. I hate to be inside when its nice but in the winter I like to hibernate and sleep
10. I Live in NH
1. My name is Sylvia.
2. I'm 25 years old
3. I have two dogs (aka furry kids).
4. I teach children with learning disabilities how to read and comprehend.
5. I started running in March 2010.
6. When i was in high school (and only 130 lbs) i used to run the mile in 14 minutes...Now i can do it in a little over 10 minutes
7. I hope to run a marathon before i turn 28.
8. I got married 6 weeks ago.
9. I'll be running my 2nd half marathon on December 4th here in Las Vegas.
10. I'm addicted to spinning class.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."
"Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right."
"Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any."
1.) My name is Jessica
2.) I am 29
3.) I am a mother to a beautiful 6 year old little girl.
4.) I live with my boyfriend. He is the love of my life :)
5.) I have a dog. He has the most unusual quirks....really.
6.) I have 5 fish.
7.) I work in the accounting field.
8.) I recently took up golf.
9.) I LOVE to cook.
10.) I have been running for 4 months.
1. My name is Lindsey.
2. I started running a few weeks after I quit smoking (and gained 15 lbs almost immediately) on 1/1/2000.
3. I ran my first half marathon last year in 2h 17m.
4. Im currently training for my second half marathon.
5. I love Dogs. I have 2, Kaiden Yorkie/Maltese and Zoe a tiny mutt of some sort.
6. I have lived in 6 different states so when people ask where I'm from I usually say "everywhere".
7. Im 40 years old.
8. I love wine and cheese.
9. Id like to lose 20 lbs before my next half marathon.
10. I love music. Mostly alternative, electronic, punk, goth...
11. I should be working insted of reading forums
Hello! My name is Heather and:
1. I started running in January.
2. I'm 26.
3. I teach 2nd grade and flippin' love it.
4. I'm about to celebrate my second wedding anniversary in two weeks!
5. I'm short.
6. I love Jane Austen. No, seriously, I LOVE her.
7. I love my Specialized hybrid bike!
8. I am a Georgia peach.
9. Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer is my alltime favorite movie.
10. I love the LORD.
Check out my teaching blog!
My name is Linda
1. I never in a million years thought I would be able to run again because of a bulging disc. Got a disc replacement 5 years ago and I'm back. It feels good too.
2. I'm married to a wonderful man.
3. I have a terrific son.
4. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
5. last year I went back to school to get my BFA in glassblowing.
6. I'm an artist.
7. I live in Texas, so running in the summer is tuff, but I love the heat. Hence the glassblowing.
8. I learned from my doc. that my fasting sugar is a little above normal so we are fixing that by losing 25 lbs.
9. I love Sparkpeople.
10 Love to spend time in my Garden.
1. My name is Michelle
2. I have 1 dog and 1 cat
3. I got married last year.
4. I bought a house this year.
5. I LOVE to run.
6. I am currently training for my 2nd half marathon.
7. I ran cross country in high school.
8. My entire family runs.
9. I am a 2nd grade teacher.
10. I like to snack.
1. My real name is Elizabeth aka Beth.
2. Iilaa (pronounced eye-la) Do'Urden was a GAME name - not that I am true gamer lol. Do'Urden is from RA Salvatore's Books.
3. I am 45 years old with two teenage daughters that I have raised basically on my own.
4. I read a TON. My EReader is my MUST HAVE at all times.
5. I just finished C25K last week - and plan to continue running. My first 5K is June 25th.
6. My BS degree is in Elementary Teaching and taught private then public for 15 yrs. I can't find a public school job in the St. Louis area so I am working in the corporate world.
7. I am spriritual.
8. Yellow and Orange are my favorite colors.
9. I am a DIEHARD Cubs fan.. yes I know. But I DO believe we will win the World Series before I leave this world.
10. I have always loved working out and exercising.. eating is another issue altogether.
"The road to success is always under construction."
Hello there! I'm new here so ... here we go ... 10 things about me
1. I ran track and cross country from the time I was little up through college.
2. I just started a training program for running a marathon, which will be in October in Dresden.
3. I have two dogs and one cat.
4. I am a military wife that currently lives in Germany with my Mr. Special.
5. I hate exercise.
6. I love fruits and vegetables.
7. I love to read. I always have several books that I'm reading at any given time.
8. I was born in Maryland but I have lived all over, mainly in Texas.
9. I loathe running in the winter time - too much ice and snow here and I absolutely hate running on a treadmill.
10. I'm desperately seeking information on good hands-free decvices for running with my dogs. :)
Hello, My names Vanessa and here are 10 facts about me.....
1. I have been running for almost a year now and love it. but....
2. When I was in school I hated it. My PE class was in the afternoon and I dreaded running the mile.
3. I'm 26 years old, born in FL raised in NC.
4. I love the south. Just not in the rebel flag waving, big truck driving, thank god I'm a country girl kinda way. More like the weather is great and so are the people (mostly) kinda way.
5. I married Mr. Wonderful and we have one dog.
6. I work at UNC as an Xray tech, but I'm going back to school in Jan '12 to be a RN. I would like to be a nurse anesthetist.
7. My favorite thing to do is read. I have a nook and it's so easy to buy books online that when ever I see something interesting I just have to buy it. At any given time I have at least
10 books waiting to be read; I can't help myself, it's an addiction! I would love to write my own book someday.
8. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a comedian when I grew up.
9. I like to watch Curb your enthusiasm, Seinfeld, American Justice on A&E, Sex and the City (the show not the movie,) the early seasons of Project Runway, and old Match Game reruns.
10. I'm going to run the Virginia Beach 1/2 this fall and I can't wait.
Because I love reading so much I have to recommend a book to my fellow runners called Born to Run. If you haven't read it yet I encourage you to; It's really motivated me and was a great read.
Thanks for reading!!
Hi, my name is Hope
10 things about me is a challenge, but here goes.....
1. I guess I started running in high school when I joined the track team. I’ve spent more time not running, than running; but now I am back into a running mode.
2. My most recent running trend started last summer when my friend asked if I wanted to start running together. I am now signed up for my first HM in September 2011.
3. I did train for a marathon several few years ago, but got a stress fracture in my foot on a 15 mile run. I didn’t run the marathon.
4. I am single and have one cat and good friends.
5. I live in Chicago and love the city, but miss the mountains tremendously. I grew up in Vermont.
6. I am in my sixth month of going to a one-hour bootcamp, which has greatly increased my strength and re-shaped my body.
7. I like watching sports and going to games. How can one not living in a city with 9 professional sports teams.
8. My true passions are travel, spending time with friends, food, nature, the arts…. life!
9. I am currently working on turning my condo into my home. Putting my thumbprint on it! This is an ongoing project.
10. What else… my whole immediate family is on the east coast. I miss being close to them geographically, but we see each other several times a year and stay in touch in between.
Thank you for reading!
Chicago Women - Team Leader
7/18/10 Women's 10K 1:08:00
4/10/11 Shamrock Shuffle 8K 48:46
7/17/11 Women's 10K 58:18
8/6/11 Champions Run 10K 54:47
9/11/11 Chicago Half Marathon 2:07
9/17 Mad Dash to Madison 5K
I love this idea!
1. I never thought I would be able to run but I started running on the treadmill in college and I love it.
2. I would like to run and win the NY Marathon. (What can I say I'm very ambitious!! :))
3. I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord
4. I'm 28
5. When I was 10 I came absolutely last like 20 minutes behind everyone else in a race in PE. I wanted to give up and walk off the field but the coach told me to finish the race. I've never forgotten that. I don't always finish what I start but I will try to.
5. I have a Bachelors in Finance and ITM and I haven't worked a day in either field :s.
6. I want to go back to school to be a Counselling Psychologist
7. No husband or kids (yet!) but I would like 5 children if possible.
8. My favorite shows are Dancing with the Stars and 16 and Pregnant (yay reality tv!!!)
9. I not really a runner but being on this team inspires me to set my running goals and to meet them, thank you!
10. My favorite color is purple :)
Fortune sides with she who dares...:)
My name is Melinda
1. I have been running for a year and a half now, before that I hadn't run in 12 years
2. I ran my first half-marathon May 2010
3. I am training for a 10k in early July and my second half-marathon July 17
4. I've been a Spark People member for almost 2 years and have lost 20 lbs
5. I have been married for a little over 2 years to a wonderful man!
6. I live in Oregon, a beautiful state that I love
7. I also love to hike with my husband and do water aerobics for cross training
8. I am posting this to help motivate me to stay on track for my half-marathon training schedule.
9. I would like to lose 10 more lbs but am happy I have stayed steady at the weight I am for a year.
10. I never in a million years thought I would be a distance runner...3 miles used to feel like a long run! It's amazing what can be accomplished with discipline and effort
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" Unknown
Hi, my name is Liz.
1. I have been trying to run since my oldest was born in 2001. I am finally giving it a whole heart chance.
2. I live in Ohio with my 3 babies
3. I work a lot of hours outside of the house which leaves little time for anything else but I do try.
4. I got to number four before I had to really think about what to put on here.
5. I like to read and if I have something interesting I will finish it before I go to bed.
6. The main reason I started running again was because my oldest likes to run and I thought it would be fun to run with him. He loves it.
7. I am 29 years old and I still jump on my bed.
8. I love school if I could be a full time student the rest of my life I would be happy.
9. I am a very slow runner but I am starting to work on my time.
10. I am glad I am at 10 because I cannot think of anything else.
My weight is leaving, slowly but surely!
Hi my name is Lisa, hence the user name. I just recently joined SparkPeople and decided to join this team and introduce myself!
1. I have been running on and off since 2005. This is the first year since 2005 I really have been consistent and motivated.
2. I am 21.
3. I am currently pursuing a degree in Elementary Education.
4. I live in Montana.
5. I want to run a marathon someday (though probably not for a few years!)
6. I love living in a small town.
7. Summer is my favorite season.
8. When I was younger I dreamed of being an olympic swimmer.
9. My favorite food group is dairy (I was going to say my favorite foods but they are that healthy)
10. I love to exercise, but also love to eat...so that is why I am here!
My name is Angel. I live in the Detroit metro area. I'm really digging this forum. So here's about me:
1) Just turned 30
2) Started running 3 weeks ago for the first time in 12 years.
3) Started training with a trainer and wondering why I didn't do it sooner.
4) Plan on running in the Rock n Roll half marathon August 2012.
5) Recently changed careers. I was in purchasing, now I'm trying to get a position in a pharmacy as a CPhT.
6) My boyfriend and I just celebrated 7 years together. No kids. One cat. Never been married. I believe the main reason to get married early in life is if you plan on having children (family dynamic).
7) Recently cut WAY back on fast food, deep fried anything, and alcohol. I don't miss any of it.
8) Guilty pleasure: Jersey Shore (the only reality show I watch).
9) I must live near a large body of water. It's the only thing that gives me peace of mind.
10) I'm really hoping to find some competitive friends on here to help keep me motivated.
Hello! I am new to SparkPeople.com & to this fourm. Thought this post might be a good way to break the ice.
1) I have been running for about 6 years and will openly admit that I am addicted.
2) My spring/summer/fall goal is to become a better road runner.
3) Run more 5k and 10k races. Working up to a half marathon by next spring.
4) I've been vegetarian for over 13 years.
5) Trying to learn the best way to keep a food journal. I tend to be a slacker. Any tips or tricks are welcome!
6) Invest in a second pair of running sneakers. A more up to date shoe model.
7) I work in media advertising/sales but plan to make my big break into massage therapy by the fall/winter 2011. Hoping to focus on sports massage.
8) I like a good tv drama. No more reality tv, please!
9) I have cats and have had other creatures as companions. I'd have a small farm if I had the land and space.
10) Hope to relocate somewhere closer to the ocean. Some day sooner than later.
My name is Richard:
1) I have been an athlete my entire life. Football, wrestling,baseball and track in High School; football in college and have done 2 bodybuilding shows since college.
2) Had brain surgery 2 years ago to fix an epilepsy problem I have had for a while now. This is why I started running ( it was running or bike riding my doctor said I should do, I choose running)
3)I have a beautiful SON who is 19 months old :^)
4) My favorite T.V. show is Smallville ( I can't believe this is the last season)
5) I have run a couple of 5k's but have taken a huge leap and am now planning on running a marathon May of 2012!
6) The Dallas Cowboys are my favorite team!!
7) I am A huge fan of The Lord and work everyday to be a positive part of his team!!
8) My favorite food is a Burger ( not healthy so I may have once or twice a month)
9) Biggest hurdle = Even life out!! I am either all in or all out which has been a rollar coaster the last few years in weight and other health circumstances
10) Long Term Goal = A tri-athelon by 2015!
" No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true."
" I ran and ran and ran everyday, and I acquired this sense of spirit that I would never, never give up, no matter what else happened."
- Wilma Rudolph
I'm Lindsey (obviously)...
1. I'm (back) in school to get my teaching certification scheduled for June of 2012. I will be certified to teach Social Studies (specifically History, Sociology, and Political Science). I want to teach middle school!
2. I love horseback riding.
3. My favorite TV shows are 24, The West Wing, and I Love Lucy
4. My favorite sports team is the Green Bay Packers
5. I ran cross country in middle school but was too intimidated to join when I moved to a much larger city/school. I had not been running at all between then and joining Spark, so I basically started over.
6. I joined Spark on March 16th. I had no real "a-ha" moment. I just decided to do it.
7. My first 5K is on my birthday May 21st! I'm starting to get a little nervous!
8. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (first time around) on the days I don't run.
9. Favorite healthy foods are definitely fruits.
10. I have a big sweet tooth and have to slip a dessert in - however small it may be - every day!
Bay View Fox Run (5K) - 5/21 /11
Packers 5K Walk/Run - 7/30/11
Sedona 10K - TBD
Hi! I'm Elaine......
1. I am currently 31 (will be 32 in May) and have 3 kids ages 11,10, and 7.
2. I played volleyball in junior high but didn't continue in High-School. I wish I would have.
3. I ran cross-country in High-School but didn't really like to run. Basically joined for something to do and to hang out with my friends.
4. My running passion was sparked in 2008 when I retrained myself to run long distances. I also ran my first 5k that year. If only my HS coach could see me now.... she would be shocked!
5. I am running my first half marathon on May 21, 2011.
6. I love to sing and dance. This passion is now being passed onto my kids.
7. My family and I love the outdoors! We spend a lot of time hiking, geocaching, camping, biking, etc.....
8. My hubby and I both come from very large families. Get togethers get very interesting!
9. I got married at the age of 20 and we will celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary on May 22. We are celebrating by both running our first half marathon.
10. I like to smile and act goofy..... and I do this daily! Keeps me young and alive!
Edited by: RUNNER4LIFE08 at: 4/27/2011 (16:02)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•* ¨)
(¸.• ELAINE¸.•*´ ¨)
( ¸.•´ ( ¸.•* ( ¸.•*´¨)
1: I ran varsity cross country, indoor track and outdoor track and field in high school (long distance, few sprints bc i jumped/pole vaulted) back to back until I graduated.
2: I stopped running spring of 2008 and just now started (Spring 2011)
3: I'm running my first 5K since school in November 2011 (and planning to run under 27:00)
4: I have weird arches, tendinitis and shin splints...but what runners don't experience at least one of those things?
5: I danced for 11 years; modern, jazz, tap and hip hop.
6: I joined WW and lost 30 pounds in 2006.
7: I gained that back x 2 when I got married 2008.
8: I lost 25 pounds summer 2010 and gained that back + 10lbs.
9: My goal is to run a half marathon summer of 2012, full in 2013 and run a 50 mile ultramarathon by 2018. I had the intention of running the ultra-thon for 2009 and was even in my local paper for it but stopped running shortly after that article in 2008.
10: I'm looking for good support to get back into running full time. During school I always had races to look forward to and train for. Now all I have is my want to run and to get healthy (again)!
Become 160 pounds by 12/25/11? Yes..I think so.
Current Weight: 199 (Ugh. AGAIN!)
"80% of impossible is possible"
- Jaime Mason
10. I am currently in training for my 2nd 1/2 marathon on May 7th in Wisconsin.
9. I'm the proud momma of a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy.
8. I play the organ for the church that I grew up in, and the director is the lady who taught me how to play the piano - over 27 years ago.
7. My hair started to turn gray when I was 18 years old.
6. My first day with my now husband was my 21st birthday - he was my designated driver!
5. I am a dog person - would have a house full of them if I could!
4. I think Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse books are the greatest books ever!
3. I'm an extremely emotional person - I wear my heart on my sleeve.
2. Purple is my favorite color
1. The greatest thing I ever did with my life was to become a mother. I love my babies with all my heart and soul.
10 things about me
1. I started a C25K 5 weeks ago and just jogged my first 20mins straight
2. I'm walk/jogging 4.5k everyother day
3. I've become a bit of a fitness freak I also go to the gym 3 times a week sometimes it's tough but I love my instructor he knows how to push me
4. I have a nine year old daughter who'll be ten in May (not sure how she got so old? :/)
5. I'm a full - time Mature Uni student doing History and Creative Writing
6. I'm a Wedding Photographer, but also do bump and beauty, bump to teens, nature, cars and family shoots
7. I'm a qualified Nail Technician, I have a flare for the creative
8. I bake cakes which taste good but I decorate them too, I've done a dragon, HSM, mini monsters, baby blocks, a cat on a ball of twine, a princess castle, a pepper pig cake and a four tier wedding cake.
9. I sing in a community group and will be attending the Royal Albert Hall (UK) this summer to take part in a performance of Carl Offs Carmina Burana. (nervous um YES)
10. I have a wonderful Boyfriend who has faith in me :)
Aloha to All!!!
UNO: I want to learn how to surf this summer.
DUE: I'm a sophomore at the University of Kansas.
TRE: Seeing the explosion of green in the first weeks of Spring is my fav. time of year.
QUATTRO: I love my curly hair.
CINQUE: Laughing is one of my favorite things to do.
SEI: Giving my life to Jesus is the best decision I ever made.
SIETE: Switchfoot is my favorite band.
OTTO: I am a cowgirl.
NOVE: Cowboy boots, white t's, 90 degree summer days and road trips with my dad to watch him bull ride are my favorite memories and stories to tell people.
DIECI: I believe that spending money to do the things that you are truly passionate or joyful about --- is completely worth it. Even if it means taking a vacation by yourself or buying a bike to ride across the country randomly to discover God's creation. Whatever random thing 'you' feel wild about or scared to do....you should do it. What is life if you save all your money and hesitate through every decision? Just do it. whatever it is that you've always wanted to do. One life. One love. One God--to glorify in all that we do. Let's make it worth it.
Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. — 1 Corinthians 10:31
I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
Ten things about me"
10. I recently have developed a passion for running (just started about 7 months ago)
9. I live in the hot and humid south
8. I love to cook
7. I just got back into school
6. I live with my boyfriend who is awesome
5. I have lost about 35 pounds in the past 6 months
4. I don't care much for cats
3. My favorite color is purple
2. I've done 3 5k's 1 10 k and 2 half marathons
1. I'm training for another half marathon or a triathlon
Ten things about me:
1. I love to run
2. I celebrated my 50th birthday by running my first full marathon.
3. I am currently training for a half marathon on May 1st.
4. I am a trained chef.
5. I manufacture a line of gourmet jams & jellies.
6. I love anything food related.
7. I'm trying to lose those last 10 stubborn pounds. STILL!
8. I have two grown children and one grand daughter who I am head over heels for.
9. I live a healthy & fit lifestyle. After all, I've got a lot to live for.
10. My biggest weakness is potato chips. UGH! Still trying to conquer that one.
1. I love to run
2. I love to be outside in my garden
3. I love to ride my bike
4. I work as a cna at a hospita for 17 years
5. I work at the local YMCA
6. I like to clean
7. I have 2 boys
8. I have a husband who likes to run
9. I love to read when I get the time
10. I have 2 cats and would have more but it just does not fit into my life.
It's fun to read everyone's Ten Things - what a great idea!
10. I love to run (bet you could have guessed that)
9. Pilates is my favorite body work
8. I have 5 wonderful grandchildren ages 5 - 16
7. I will be biking through the Loire Valley in France for a week this year
6. I have 2 bachelors and 2 masters degrees and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up
5. I love green smoothies for breakfast
4. I spend too much time on the computer
3. I love to read
2. I'm working on losing weight and learning French - both are going much too slowly!
1. I love learning - that never changes no matter how old I get
Persistence Pays !!
1. I'm 23 years old.
2. I live with my boyfriend, 2 roommates, and my cat and dog.
3. I hate to cook... but trying to learn how to be better at it.
4. I love playing video games.
5. I like to work out to exercise dvds.
6. I've also recently started jogging for my workouts.
7. I recently finished school to become a phlebotomist and am currently looking for a job.
8. I enjoy reading.
9. I like DIY projects.
10. I don't like cleaning.
175lbs: get a mani/pedi
170lbs: color my hair
165lbs: buy some CDs I want
160lbs: buy a Dr. Who t-shirt :)
hips 40 in.: ??
hips 35in.: ??
waist in the 20's in.: ??
pant size 10: ??
pant size 8: ??
body fat 25%: ??
Hello! I have recently returned to running (hadn't consistently since I was a teenager) and am really excited to join this group.
1) I ran my first race in 7 years last Saturday. 4 miles, and I ran it almost 5 minutes faster than I expected! I am so totally motivated keep running and improving.
2) I live in Washington, DC
3) I'm 25
4) My goal for the summer is to volunteer in a community garden so I can learn more about growing my own produce and help improve access to fresh food in my neighborhood.
5) I haven't owned a car in 3 years.
6) Those last 2 facts make me sound like way more of a hippy than I actually am. ;)
7) I work in communications/policy. I am totally procrastinating work right now...oops.
8) I'm hoping to run several 5Ks and a 10K this spring, and then a 10 miler or half marathon in the fall.
9) I probably have the potential to become a weird cat lady someday.
10) The best feeling I have ever experienced in my entire life, ever, was the way I used to feel when I crossed the finish line (vomiting, crying, collapsing) of a high school cross country race. That's why I'm so excited to be running again - but hopefully without the vomiting/crying/collapsing this time. ;)
Edited by: RAMBUTANS at: 3/18/2011 (15:38)
ten things huh.... hhhhhmmmm
1. I still call Colorado "home" even though I haven't lived there in 16 years...
2. I have two amazing, BRIGHT, loving children
3. I love my job but hate that it keeps me away from my family
4. I've been married almost 11 years (outlasted any of my parent's marriages) ;)
5. I'm still desperately searching for something to apply myself to...
6. My favorite color is GREEN
7. I am 5'6" and change and 130lbs (most days)
8. I've been 3 classes shy of my degree for almost a year and a half! (ARG!)
9. I have always wished I was really "funny" :)
10. My day is ALWAYS better when I get the chance to help someone
Just ran my first half marathon--2:14
have lost 30 lbs over the last year and half
love to run
learning to love running in my new vibram bikilas
am a homeschooling mother of 4
very busy keeping kids going in their activities and with their academics
Running is my time
My running has inspired my husband and children and many others to start running.
It feels great to be a good influence in the world.
1. I love running!
2. Ran my first 10k a couple weeks ago.
3. Training for my 2nd 10k currently.
4. Have 3 kids (plus 2 step kids).
5. Have lost 55 lbs. in the past 2 years.
6. Like running in the rain.
7. Hate running in the heat.
8. Do not like cross training days.
9. Love Pilates.
10. Wow . . . wish I had more to say about myself. I guess I need to work on that. :)
1. I love Jesus with all my heart because He first loved me.
2. I've been married to my one and only for 19.5 years.
3. We have one child, a 16 year old daughter.
4. Our daughter is already in college thanks to a special program in the state of MN.
5. I am the pastor of a small church near Minneapolis.
6. I've lost 34 pounds over 2 years by changing my lifestyle.
7. My main fitness passion is cycling and I've just recently taken up running, really jogging.
8. I'm signed up for 2 5Ks this spring and hope to complete the first sub-30 min.
9. I plan to ride my bike for 3000+ miles this year and increase my normative average speed to 18.0-18.5 mph.
10. I hope to drop another 10-15 lbs this year.
"Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come" (1Timothyï¿½4:7-8)
"Jesus answered, 'The most important [commandment] is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'" (Mark 12:29-30).
1) Joined SP two weeks ago
2) I have been running competetively (not so successfully) for over 30 years
3) I love mainly 10K - Half Marathon (Marathon training hurts too much!!)
4) I have 2 kids and 5 grandchildren
5) Berlin Marathon was my favourite
6) I have run Coniston 14 (UK) 14 times
7) My PB's are 10K - 37.12, 5 miles - 30.05, 10 miles 62..20, Half marathon 86.12, Marathon 3.23.06
8) My wife runs also and often with me.
9) My main goal is to run into my 80's
10) I am happy to find this team.
1. I ran the Rock 'n Roll Marathon with Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training in 2001
2. I am 42
3. I have 1 husband, 2 kids, 2 cats, 1 dog and 7 fish
4. My high school class had 11 people - it was public not private!
5. I was a dental hygienist for 20 years
6. I went back to school to become a nurse and graduated #1 in my class with a 4.0 GPA at age 40 :-)
7. I am an ER nurse and LOVE my job
8. I quit smoking 14+ years ago
9. I love to knit, crochet, and read
10. I sneak into my kids rooms while they are sleeping and whisper "I love you" and give them another goodnight kiss