|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
1. Running is for my mind and emotions as much as my body.
2. I've run 6 marathons - all since my 60th year.
3. I had as much satisfaction finishing my very first 5 K as I did my first marathon.
4. I'm not going to the Olympics, so I can relax.
5. Running makes pancakes health food!
6. Who could believe the 60's could be this much fun! (I am 63)
7. Most of my injuries are under the, "That was a stupid decision" catagory.
8. I sitll do stupid stuff.
9. I often listen to books on my IPOD as I run.
10. I've noticed people who ask if running is 'fun' never seem to be runners. (I think it is satisfying, fullfilling, and see # 5 above.)
1. I started running for the first time March 2012
2. I ran my first 5k in August
3. I exercise a lot!
4. I first sparked Jan 24th 2012 and haven't turned back
5. I only have 30-40 more pounds to lose which is really exciting, considering I've lost 60 pounds in less than a year.
6. I love replicating food that I get at restaurants.
7. I used to be a figure skater
8. I watch a lot of movies and TV shows, I could be a critic.
9. I am an art major
10. Can't stand historical documentaries
Leader of MRD teams.sparkpeople.com/superduck
SW: 253 GW: 150 UGW: 120
Never Give Up, Never surrender!
I'm new to the team.
1. I'm American but live in New Zealand and have been here for over 15 years.
2. I'm from The South originally and still say, "Ya'll".
3. I have three children ranging from 12 to 2.
4. I like running off road.
5. I aspire to actually run up mountains.
6. I'm a good cook and don't eat out much.
7. I ran my last HM in 2:04. I wanna get down to 1:40.
8. I suffer from perfectionism but I'm trying hard to recover.
9. I like minimalist shoes.
10. I covet a Garmin 910XT.
Need some help with learning to run better. Building a base but need better leg strength to conquer mountains. Trying hill intervals at the moment. Learning to breath while at a high heart rate. Thought I might have asthma...but guessing I have lack of fitness instead...
Hope this team is the place to find some advice and support to reach my running goals.
1. I'm running my first half marathon this January!
2. I absolutely hate the treadmill. This morning, I lasted for two minutes before I got off and switched to the rowing machine.
3. I love dark chocolate anything. Dark chocolate-covered strawberries are my favorite treat.
4. I got married in October 2011, in the barn behind my parents' house.
5. My husband and I adopted a fluffy black cat last year.
6. I am here to lose about 49 pounds. That's a really intimidating number.
7. My dream is to run a full marathon. Chicago 2013 maybe?
8. In October-November, I ran 3 10Ks. I really love that distance.
9. If I haven't had my morning coffee, you probably want to stay far away from me.
10. I love running in bright clothes on race day.
1. I have one son. He's going to be 6 at the end of December.
2. I have completed 3 sprint Triathlons, 1 10K and 6 5Ks. Sheesh, when I list it like that, it makes me sound like a *real athlete* (snort!)
3. Eventually, I'd like to do a half marathon. Because I'm only HALF CRAZY.
4. My father used to be a serious LD runner in HS and College.
5. I love all things outside.
6. I like my regular shoes although I have discovered that the name brands *really* are better than discount. But you can get good shoes at Marshalls for less than retail.
7. Nope, no ongoing health issues. I had gestational diabetes, which is a precursor to developing Type 2, but since loosing a buncha weight, I'm less worried than I used to be.
8. I like herbal tea.
9. I was a teacher until I lost my job in 2010 and have only found sporatic work since than, TG for DH.
10. I needed to loose weight and DogLady13 posted abotu her experience doing a "personal triathlon' in her gym. She made it sound do-able so I started training. I found the running part to be easiest. Which surprised the crap outta me!
Edited by: OPTIMIST1948 at: 11/28/2012 (09:42)
1. I have no kids of my own but have helped to raise my husband's kids for the last 10 years. Sadly their mother is no longer in the picture (by her choice).
2. I have completed 7 half marathons in the last two years.
3. I meditate.
4. I have a sarcastic sense of humor.
5. I love all things horror.
6. I'm a minimalist/barefoot runner.
7. I have celiac disease which has resulted in osteoporosis and osteopenia, diagnosed at age 31 (I'm 33 now).
8. I like coffee.
9. I work in a nursing home as the central supply coordinator. Basically I'm in charge of ordering all of the nursing supplies for the building.
10. I quick smoking four years ago and picked up running as a replacement.
Working on a healthier, happier me.
1.I am the youngest of six children.
2.I am 41, single, no kids.
3.Never been married and no desire to change it; would love to find a guy that we compliment each other’s personalities.
4.I’ve only been consistently running about 8 months.
5.I love to country dance and it comes very natural to me…I don’t even think about it.
6.I am from and live in Texas.
7.I love dogs and cats…but I have one dog, a geriatric (15 yrs) Boxer.
8.After waiting ten years after high school, I put myself through college working full time. It took me twelve years but I earned my Bachelor’s…it’s my proudest accomplishment.
9.I’ve run several 5ks and still don’t love running…but I am addicted to bettering my time.
10. My goal is to run a half marathon.
Everything we do in life is a choice...I choose to get fit & healthy.
Faith is taking the first step-even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
1. I have been a runner off and on since high school but mostly in college.
2. My first race was the Tufts 10K for Women in Boston, MA.
3. I have only run 1 5K ever since (and it was awful).
4. I am signed up to run my second 5K this coming Sunday (10/14/12).
5. I have also been battling weight issues since high school.
6. I love all things pirate and anything with a skull and cross bones on it.
7. I have an unhealthy obsession with karaoke.
8. I went to 6 (almost 8) weddings this year (and I have at least 3 I know of next year - 2 of which, I am in - none of which, are my own)
9. I should eat dairy and gluten free but it's SO HARD! I LOVE CHEESE.
10. I am Canadian...and American :)
Edited by: JUSTJAB213 at: 10/11/2012 (10:10)
1. I am just getting back into running after taking the summer off. (For the last few years, my summer focus is bicyling.)
2. I started running in 2003
3. I'm 52 years of age, and hope to run for another 20-30 years!
4. Running in the Phoenix marathon again in March 2013. Did the half in 2012, and doing the half again.
5. Not a fast runner, and which I was faster.
6. Started running after I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 37.
7. Was on the Race Against Breast Cancer 5k board, and figured I needed to run it at least once. The rest is history.
8. Husband is a runner too. Nice to run events together, even when I only see him at the starting line and finish line. He is much faster.
9. So grateful to be able to run, not everyone even has the chance. (Brother is a paraplegic, thinking of him at the end of tough race keeps me going.)
10. Hoping that my getting back into running will help me lose weight. Biking just doesn't help as much!
“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them”
¯ Denis Waitley
1. I just started running 2 months ago, though I'm an experienced walker.
2. I'm running my first 5k on Sunday, October 7, 2012, though I typically run a bit further than 3.1 miles when doing my running sessions.
3. I'm 40 years old for another 29 days.
4. I've lived in 7 states (New York, Illinois, California, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Wisconsin and now Tennessee) and 3 countries (United States, Belgium and France).
5. I need a passport in order to visit my parents, since the nearest airport to them that major airlines serve is Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (they live in Northern New York State).
6. I got a late start on my career, as I got my bachelors and masters degrees in accounting in my early 30s.
7. This is my third attempt to lose weight and keep it off. However, I know this time, it will stick, since I finally got an eating plan that WORKS!
8. My parents think that I'm obsessed with health and fitness. I don't sweat it, since they're pretty much couch potatoes anyways.
9. I had a blood clot in my left knee that was discovered on July 1, 2010. I've been on warfarin (blood thinners) ever since.
10. I suffer from severe endometriosis, which has caused me to be on synthetic hormones in order to suppress my TOM. Morphine was the only thing that really worked on the pain that I had to deal with before I was able to get treatment.
I don't let #9 and #10 stop me from living a full life. :)
Edited by: CATMAGNET at: 10/4/2012 (10:00)
Camp Good Grief 5k 2012 - 31:50
Gobble Wobble 5k 2012 - 30:00
Turkey Trot 4 Mile Race 2012 - 38:38
Ugly Sweater 5k Fun Run 2012 - 27:19
Move-It Memphis 10K 2013 - 55:36
Germantown Half Marathon - 2:08:53
FedEx St. Jude Classic Fairway 5k - 4/13/2013
Pittsburgh Half-Marathon - 5/5/2013
1. I never ran until 4 years ago when I was on a weight loss plateau.
2. I love to run long distances.
3. I ran a full marathon last October, Marine Corps.
4. Running has taught me a lot about myself.
5. My family calls me obsessed.
6. I am not fast but I am slowly working on it.
7. My favorite distance is the half marathon.
8. I belong to the Toldeo Roadrunners.
9. I love to run in the rain!
10. Running is my stress release.
1. This is my 3rd attempt at running;
2. I am slow and proud;
3. I have run/walked 2 10kms;
4. I hope to run my first 10km next month;
5. My furthest run without a walk break was yesterday = 4 miles (5.33 miles in total);
6. I am the Event Director at one of the parkruns in the UK;
7. I have just joined a running club and am also now a member of Vegans Running club;
8. I look forward to wearing my club vests with pride;
9. Tailrunners have fun;
10. I plan to run a half marathon next year
1- I was a couch potato this time last year
2- I will run my FIRST 1/2 Marathon in 30 days
3- I'm a 2 time Cancer Survivor
4- My 3 boy's are my motivation to get healthy
5- I used to hate sore muscles and now I LOVE that feeling
6- Running is tough for me but I love a challenge
7- I am a Honored Teammate with Team in Training
8- my first 1/2 will be the same race as my sister's 1st Marathon
9- I'm a 200+ lb girl that runs (no more excuses that I'm too fat!)
10- I am Terrified of Bridges and I ran 9 miles last week crossing the Golden Gate Bridge 2 times and my Husband and 3 Boys met me at the end of my run and I cried like a baby!
1. I have been a runner most of my life.
2. I've had surgery on both feet.
3. I wish I ran faster, but I have really short legs.
4. I wonder why I'm not one of those "skinny" runners.
5. I like to run with not music.
6. I like to run at dusk.
7. I wish I had appreciated how effortlessly I could run at 18 because it's not so effortless now.
8. My goal is to never stop running.
9. I want my good days to outnumber my bad.
10. I want to inspire my kids to be active.
1. I'm a vegetarian
2. married to marathondad
3. I have 4 kids under 5
4. I love to run
5. i've ran 13 halfs
6. pb is 157
7. goal to do a full in 2013
9. I run a home daycare
10. I have ran 5 halfs this year with plans to do 2 more this month.. all with my favorite running partner, my husband!
only because I am half crazy! the addiction is as follows:
June 2003 2:12:11 PB
May 2004 2:12:25
June 2004 2:12:35
May 2005 2:08:19 PB!!!
June 2:39:43 (injury)
may 6 1:57:02 PR!!
may 19 1:58:04
May 27 2:02
June 17 1:58
Aug 19 1:59
1- I am Canadian
3-4 kids under the age of 5
4-addicted to running
5-Have completed 8 half marathons
6 PB is 1.53
7 will run a full next year
8- my favorite sport is football
9-I work with seniors in nursing homes
10- I run all my races with me wife
Manitoba half- 2.15
Run for Porter 10km-55
Grand Beach race 10km-52
Winnipeg Police half-1.55
Winnipeg Police half marathon 2.01
Manitoba half marathon 2.hours
1. Born and raised New Englander, where my family still resides
2. Now living in the Midwest... but looking forward to moving again within the next year for work :)
3. Just registered for the Manchester Road Race... I can't wait!
4. I've been running for several years now, with intermittent breaks for injuries. Trying to stay healthy by not pushing too much too soon
5. A former (slow) high school swimmer - I still love to swim for cross training
6. Coming up on my 10 year high school reunion this fall. Yikes!
7. I have one younger brother who doesn't run, though I wish he would
8. Average long run is about 5 miles. I would love to work up to a 10K.
9. Single with no kids, but happy owner of one very spoiled cat
10. My favorite recovery snack is Greek yogurt with fruit. Yum!
1. Lives in Northern Nevada
2. Married 15 years w/ 2 kido's
3. Completed a Sprint Tri 2 yrs ago.
4. Completed the Bay to Breakers 100 Anniversary 13k 1 yr ago.
5. My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon at Disneyland
6. I haven't run since the Bay to Breakers :0(
7. Love to bake
8. Love paper crafting and sewing
9. Hate Shin Splints!
10. Love running outside but hate the treadmill.
day 1 = 202lb
1. I enjoy jogging/running
2. I married Betty Crockers Alter ego, Cupcake Girl!!
3. I'm 31 yr old
4. I relocated from NYC to Northern Illinois
5. I'm trying to lose 40 overall
6. Next years goals are 5k, Spartan Race and possibly Half marathon.
7. On a mission to overcome Asthma
8. Changing my lifestyle and not on a diet.
9. Love the burn of exercising
10. Trying to follow in the path of my late uncle a former NYC Road Runner.
Just do it!
1. I just ran the Great River Ragnar Relay this weekend - it's a 24hr relay race with 12 runners per team that run three times each to cover 198 miles.
2. I completed my first triathlon last weekend.
3. I've run 3 marathons, a dozen half marathons and too many count 5 and 10Ks.
4. I started running in 2006.
5. My husky, Ludo is the greatest training partner.
6. My son, Skylar is my inspitration to stay fit and healthy.
7. I'd like to lost 10 pounds and keep off the 20 that keep coming back.
8. I love to travel to run races in new places.
9. I am looking for something to train for next.
10. I want to get faster (currently a 9ish min/ mile)
If you are going through hell, keep going.
1. I just ran the Missoula half marathon.
2. I've been running with the same group of people for 15 years.
3. I started running at the age of 36.
4. I've run 9 marathons.
5. I've walked 1 marathon
6. My two daughters have each run a half marathon with me.
7. I'm trying to lose 10 pounds
8. I am grateful everyday for everything that comes my way.
9. I joined Spark people in 2010, but am just now using it to help lose weight.
10. My son is going to run my next race with me.
Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can."
-- H.H. the Dalai Lama
1. I just turned 42 years
2. I have been married 13 years
3. I have two Jack Russell Terriers (they are my kids)
4. I am a science resource teachers at an elementary school
5. I live in Tampa, FL
6. The students at the elementary school think I am a hoot (no one else does! :) )
7. I am learning to crochet (so far only washclothes- trying something bigger now)
8. I have run 4 5K's and 1 8K...
9. My goal is to lose 15 pounds
10. Like to watch shows that my husband doesn't like to!
1. I'm 47 years old
2. I've been married for 23 years.
3. I have 2 teenagers - so that makes me a taxi driver.
4. I ran my first 1/2 marathon last year
5. I would like to reach my goal weight by 2013
6. I love art and enjoy painting.
7. I would love to do a 10km (specifically the Bluenose Marathon) in less than 1 hour.
8. I love Game of Thrones.
9. I've been in the same bookclub for almost 11 years.
10. I grew up in Prince Edward Island.
1. I am 34 years old (soon to be 35)
2. I have four kids; 10, 8, 20 months, and 2 months
3. I love coffee (especially Tim Horton's mmmm....)
4. I have been married 12 years
5. I have to listen to my Ipod when I run
6. I am a Behavioral Specialist
7. My PR for a 5k is 23:04
8. I love snow
9. and horror movies
10. I collect purses.
1. Hi everyone, I have been on this journey for a long time. Everytime I reach my goal, I seem to give myself permission to "celebrate" and I have to start over again
2. I am 52
3. I have two daughters that are grown
4. My first grandbaby is 6 months
5. I have been married for 33 years
6. My goal is to lose about 32.7 pounds by October 15th, 2012
7. I am starting to run again after being out of it for about one year
8. I just got my personal trainers certificate
9. I just retired from being at one job for 20 years
10. I Love God
A New You by Jan
Where Great Things Are Taking Shape
1. I am 38 years old.
2. I come from Slovenia, Europe.
3. I am married for 7 years.
4. I have two sons 4 and 6.
5. I am a teacher for children with learning difficulties.
6. I am emotional eater with sweet tooth.
7. Running is my meditation.
8.I am running my second 10k in October.
9. I wish I could run faster.
10. I sing in a choir.
1 I'm over 40 (close to those mid 40s) but feel (and act) like I'm in my mid 30s
2 I am a two time cancer survivor.
3 After my first cancer bout, I realized I wanted to learn to run (or at least look a little more graceful when I had to run)
4 I ran my 1st 5K three weeks after I started learning to run. It took me 56 minutes and I finished last, but I finished
5 My spouse is taller (and younger) than me and used to run 100m and hurdles.
6 He tried to run with me once... that's when I realized his 7 additioal inches of leg (and longer stride) meant we'd never run together
7 During my 2nd cancer bout, running kept me sane. Not that I could run far or long, but just being able to still get out there made all the difference
8 As part of my treatment, I had two lung surgeries (weeks apart). I'm really happy with their results.... but pretty pissed that I had to stop running
9 I tried to get back to running too fast and set myself back (shin splints, IT band, pissed off rib, etc)
10 I am trying hard to be 'Buddah' about this and am starting the C25 plan today. It's all about getting back to basics so I can run again.
1. I am 37 years old
2. I have been running for about 4 years
3. I am running my first marathon this October
4. I am a Dance Mom... insert chuckles!
5. I am also a mom of an autistic son.
6. My favorite food is chocolate cake
7. I love to read... currently reading the 50 Shades books
8. I work in Human Resources
9. My dream is to run the NYC marathon one day
10. I love being around friends and family
1. I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old.
2. My job is often hectic.
3. I have been running regularly since 2008.
4. I love yoga & strength training, but rarely have time for either.
5. I want to drop about 15 pounds.
6. I live in Baltimore.
7. I call my toddler "The Legend" because she is the subject of numerous hysterical stories.
8. Running faster is a motivation for me to lose weight.
9. I run with Back on My Feet, an organization that gets homeless people running as a stepping stone to a better future.
10. I have a sub-25 PR for the 5K.
1. I am 26 years old.
2. I was just married last year.
3. I enjoy running.
4. I haven't run since the end of February 2012.
5. I really enjoy sweets, unfortunately.
6. I want to run a half marathon by the end of 2012.
7. I am a social worker.
8. I'm active in community and church organizations.
9. I probably watch too much television.
10. I definitely have too many excuses for not exercising.
"self-discipline is self-caring" M. Scott Peck
1. My name is Robyn
2. I'm 31, married for 10 years this November 1st
3. I have a 7 1/2 year old, and 19 month old twins, all girls
4. I ran the surf city half marathon when I was 5 days pg with my twins. I cried the whole way through (hormones!)
5. I am doing my 3rd camp pendleton mud run on June 10th. I have yet to run a single mile training for it. :(
6. My husband and I signed up to do the Surf City half marathon in 2013. He's never run before, so he surprised the heck out of me when he said he wanted to join me!
7. My favorite character in the whole world is the Cheshire Cat! I LOVE him!
8. I am an avid reader (real books ONLY, I refuse to buy an e-reader, blech!)
9. I work as a merchandiser for a packaging distribution company. SOOO not my life's ambition, but it's a nice job/career.
10. I have 11 tattoos. I am very ready for more!
1. I'm taller then everyone in my family
2. I live in Kansas
3. Orange is the best color ever made
4. I am 36 years old
5. I love my Nook
6. Baseball makes me happy
7. Pet Shop Boys and Depeche Mode and Neil Diamond are on my ipod--proud of it too
8. I wish I had a dog to jog with
9. I like push mowing the yard even though I have a riding mower
10. I am the youngest of six kids
I totally understand the reading til falling over thing...What kind of stuff are you reading? I like classic novels but I read fantasy type stuff too and am looking for a fun read if you have any suggestions. Good luck in your goals! I need to start running again BADLY!
1. I am a mother of 3
2. I work in accounting
3. I have been married for roughly 10 years
4. I have ran two full marathons, one in White Sand NM and the other in Honolulu HI
5. I would love to train up for the 2013 Iron Man held in my hometown
6. I had my 3rd baby 5 months ago so it has been a while since I last ran
7. I love reading classic novels
8. I am a laggard-I still have a flip phone
9. My Name is Chantale Marie
10. I am 26 years old
I. My name is Jason
II. I'm 35.
III. I have always hated running. Still do, but I do it anyway, just because I can!
IV. I live in KS.
V. I was in a mountain biking accident last fall and broke my spine in 3 places.
VI. I've played guitar since I was 12.
VII. I shoot guns competitively, both USPSA and IDPA matches.
VIII. I just finished my first Warrior Dash. It was AWESOME! XD
IX. My goal right now is to run a half-marathon.
X. I struggle with plantar fasciitis. :(
1. My name is Barbie
2. I HATED running (with a passion might I add) until about 5 years ago.
3. I ran my first race ever with my mom
4. Last year I ran my very first Half Marathon, and I am preparing for my second :-)
5. I have an obsession with playing volleyball :-)
6. I am a music teacher and work for an insurance company
7. I read at night until I am about to fall over and fall asleep.
8. I have nightmares when I watch scary movies....
9. I'm 24 and still have nightmares lol
10. I grew up with the most amazing family.
1. I am 35 years old.
2. I am running my fourth half marathon in two weeks.
3. I enjoy reading, watching movies, crafting, running, biking, Facebook.
4. I work in animal rescue.
5. I have a husband and a four year old little boy.
6. I own a day spa and do massage therapy there.
7. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies, and a teaching credential. I taught for three years before I decided it wasn't for me.
8. I'd love to do the Big Sur Marathon and the Catalina Eco Marathon.
9. I love to eat and have lost up to 50 pounds, but am now up 20.
10. I could eat Mexican food every day.
1) I have dreamed of being a runner since I became an adult
2) I love animals more than people
3) I love to sew clothes
4) My favourite part of the month is going to my bookclub and all the potlucks with these great woman
5) Sliders is still my favourite tv series (an oldie but a goodie!)
6) I love to lounge in my pajamas after dinner
7) I cant cook white rice to save my life
8) Tea is good for the soul
9) I love the sound of rain
10) I am a Disney freak through and throuh
Elizabeth - Kingston, Ontario
Hi Everyone! I'm really happy I found this team!
1. My name is Melissa,
2. And I'm 29
3. With a wonderful 4 year old daughter.
4. I feel like my body was made for running,
5. And I have a picture of myself in my head being a strong, lean, beautiful runner.
6. My best friend and I are doing our first 5k (a Zombie Mud Stomp, actually) in 9 days, and I'm so excited!
7. We've also already started looking at 10ks to train for later in the year and a triathlon for next year!
8. I want to keep progressing in my running until I can run a marathon.
9. My weight topped out at 300 pounds in 2008, and I don't know that person anymore.
10. My favorite spot to run right now is this great 4 mile wooded bike trail along the canal - it's beautiful in the mornings!
"A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." Stephan Dolley Jr.
5% Goal (191) Reached 4/27!
10% Goal (181)
15% Goal (171)
20% Goal (161)
25% Goal (151)
Hey...what a great way to introduce one's self!
.1. My name is Heather
.2. I live in Calgary, Alberta - Canada
.3. I am 38 years old..actually 38.5 but who's counting
.4. I am the mother of a 4year old daughter; 10year old son; 15 year old son.
.5. I am fairly new to running and have ran 2 official races - as well I'll be doing a 10km race in May - and hope to be able to do a 1/2 Marathon by the fall. I used to be a Yoga girl but not anymore :)
.6. I am a manager at a fairly large company and manage two teams in two different cities..which means I spend a lot of time on the road and in hotel rooms.
.7. I have not lost any weight with running - but my body has certainly changed..for the better.
.8. I need to sleep more..which seems to be a problem these days.
.9. Although I'm so young (lol) I'm experiencing all the symptoms of Perimenopause which is driving me nuts!
.10. I love writing and I'm currently trying to finish a novel..as well I blog publicly..such fun!
1. My name is Erika
2. Live in Cancun, Mexico
3. I'm 29
5. Mom of a 2 and a half year old boy
6. I started running about 2 months ago, by accident really, I was doing some walking and starded mixing it up with some jogging intervals, then I realized I enjoyed more while I was running than when I was walking so I started to prepare myself for my first 5km which I ran last Sunday April 29th... Felt amazing!!!!
7. Now I'm on a rest time for a week and then restart to prepare for my first 10k...
8. I love the beach and everything related to it
9. I work everyday full time in a company named Hunter Douglas.
10. In the past 4 months I've lost about 20 lb....!!!!
Edited by: BAUREO at: 5/1/2012 (03:35)
1. I just ran my first 5k in March that I actually trained to RUN in and it was a mud run w/ obstacles and elevation changes.
2. I started a running program in February and fell in love with running after hating it for most of my life.
3. I love moving my body - running feels so soothing once I'm in my groove, the rocking of my hips is amazing.
4. I am training to run a 10k now
5. I did the sparkpeople training program for 5k and thought it worked very well.
6. I am a huge animal lover and would love to participate in a run w/ my dogs.
7. I love motorcycles
8. I am a yoga teacher and a dance teacher
9. I am exploring the world of ballroom dance and hope to compete next year.
10. I love doing anything outdoors, running, swimming, hiking, boating, fishing, cycling, walking, playing with my dogs.
All good things are wild and free! Www.WildWellness.ME
1. I am 36 years old
2. I have been running on and off for years, but I keep hurting myself and having to stop
3. This year was the first time I tried following a program to get back into running. Having a coach in my ear has helped me keep myself in check and not push too hard
4. I have run two 5Ks in the last months
5. Because of the weather where I live (south Texas), I likely won't run another 5K until late fall
6. I love craft beer as much as I love running!
7. I am a home brewer (I know how to brew my own beer)
8. I am married with 3 dogs and 3 cats (we really do considering them to be our kids!)
9. I do not believe in fad diets. If you want to change your life, the changes have to be slow, deliberate and permenant
10. I'm really excited to have found SparkPeople!
1, I am 42
2. Started running last July
3. Running an official 5K in May 2012
4. I love running
5. Wish I would have found the Couch to 5K a long time ago
6. I am gluten-intolerant, diagnosed 12 years ago
7. I am married with 3 children
8. Sparkpeople is an amazing website that everyone should know about
9. I am a Christian
10. I enjoy encouraging others to suceed
Energy and persistence conquer all things. -Benjamin Franklin
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Need help going Gluten Free?
1) My name: Amanda Deno
2) I'm 32 years old
3) I am very happily married to Michael, have been that way for 3 years and still consider myself a newlywed
4) I was married in Misawa, Japan
5) I still consider myself new to running though I've done this on and off again for the past ten years
6) I also consider myself a late starter as I didn't start until my 20's even though my father is an ultra marathoner
7) my father is one of my biggest heros
8) My goal is to run a half marathon this year and start preparations to moving to a marathon
9) My long-term goal is to run in the Commrade's Marathon in South Africa like my father
10) I ran my first 5K in about 5 years in March
SEP12: Rock N Roll HM: 3:04:04
1. My name is Glenn, I'm a 42yr old Tn. boy, married 18yrs, father of 2, who loves to run.
2. Jesus is my lord and Savior!
3. I ran a half marathon in 1999, at 1:47
4. Trained for the marathon and had trained up to 20mi. 50mi./wk.
5. Then Glenn's Depression kicked in and he got out of running almost completely with just a few stints of running over the last 12ys. and never did I get back to running more than 5miles.
6. I had a Life scare of chest pains, and a 24hr ER stay, Stress test, that came back neg, (prays God) but ended up on 4 diff. meds, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, and Acid Reflux.
7. Lose weight or Die, Hummm Ok Easy One. weight was 285lbs at 68 an half in.
8. Found Sparkpeople, Dec7,2011. and began my new life
9. Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition, I'm close to religious
10. 55lbs down now with 65lbs to go. 5k, 37min. mixing up hill training and speed training to get the speed down. And fixing to add a long run day in my training wk.
I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me! With his help I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, that while I run the race of life I run in such a way to win the Imperishable Prize.
1. My name is Ray, but I go by the name Raquel in Spanish-speaking countries.
2. I have lived in Spain and Mexico, as well as in the states.
3. I am not a fast runner, but I enjoy running very much. I've been running pretty consistently for 3 years now.
4. I've run 8 half-marathons and 2 full marathons.
5. I'd really like to run a half-marathon PR in 2012.
6. My favorite race experience was running the Madison half-marathon last year with one of my dearest friends. It was awesome to cross the finish line together.
7. My favorite long run recovery food is scrambled eggs and a latte.
8. I would like to lose about 12 pounds, as my weight has really crept over the past couple of months. It's been a stressful winter. But no more excuses.
9. I wear Saucony running shoes.
10. I blog about running, etc. at: http://historianontherun.blogspot.com/
1. I enjoy running an awful lot.
2. Even after 3 marathons last year, I still hesitate when someone asks me if I'm a runner. LOL.
3. I'm recovering from overtraining last year and am slowly getting my speed back.
4. I'm doing my darnedest to add strength training into my training mix and to take my time building my base back up after several months off.
5. I wish races would always offer separate spaces for declaring sex for competition brackets and declaring shirt size/gender.
6. I help people become and stay more courageous and confident as they build the lives and businesses they'll love in my work as a life coach & small business coach. And I love it!
7. The first step out the door is still the hardest for me.
8. My partner runs and I love that we get to spend time together sharing runs sometimes.
9. I became vegan at the beginning of this year.
10. I used to play rugby in college.
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours."
- Richard Bach
1. My name is Charlie and I'm 45 years old--wow, getting up there!
2. When I was 19, Jesus Christ saved me from a life of drugs, alcohol, etc and I love him with all of my heart.
3. I've been married for a little over 20 years to my best friend, and I love her now more than ever, thanks to the Lord.
4. We have one daughter who is just about to turn 18 and move off to college (University of Minnesota, Twin Cities).
5. My wife was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996 and we've fought this disease together for all these years--she's doing pretty well.
6. I love cycling above all sports activities and put in 2500-3000 miles per year.
7. I took up jogging last year as a way to keep in shape over the winter but ended up loving it and thus have decided to become a "du-athlete"
8. I ran my first official 5k last year in a stunning time of 33 minutes!
9. I'm training now for a half-marathon and still jog like a turtle but I'm getting there, as I have a plan to gain speed over time.
10. I love SP and appreciate all of you!
"Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come" (1Timothyï¿½4:7-8)
"Jesus answered, 'The most important [commandment] is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'" (Mark 12:29-30).
1) my name is Bonnie
2) I am 42 years old
3) I have 2 adult daughters, one adult stepson, and my husband and I are doing all the paperwork now so we can adopt a sibling group out of the foster care system
4) I started running after my dad died in 2006 of complications related to diabetes, because I did not want to follow in his painful footsteps. I signed my couch potato butt up for a half marathon that was 5 months away so I would have to train...I finished that half marathon in 2 hrs 45 minutes, and haven't stopped running since
5) I use that experience of hard work and frustration and pain to help me relate to the stress my students face in the classroom every day...I am a special education teacher who works with kids that have learning disabilites in math or reading.
6) when I am not running, I am very active in my church, I garden, I camp, and I attend as many theatre productions as I can fit into my schedule.
7) I live with 4 cats and a dog...but none of them belong to me...my daughter and stepson each have 2 cats that some how live in my house, and my husband has a very cute but black lab that gets jealous if you give affection to people or cats instead of her.
8) I spent one year with a modeling agency when my oldest tried her hand at modeling, so while that really is me in my photo, that's not what I look like most days.
9) I am waffeling about trying a full marathon this year...I want to do one, just to say I did it, but my husband doesn't want to do one, so I would lose my training buddy for that race.
10) I joined this site because our school district is doing a wellness challenge for the next 8 weeks. I had no idea sites like this existed...so it has already been worthwhile just for this.
Edited by: SPIESB at: 3/14/2012 (12:32)
1. My name is Sara
2. I am 19 years old, turning 20 in May
3. Before college I couldn't run a mile
4. I ran a few 5Ks, then have been training for 10Ks
5. I've only been in one 5K race - Just signed up for my first half Marathon in July!
6. In college I have a pet rat and fish- back at home I have a border collie.
7. I am 100% italian - the username was something my friend made up for me when I was little
8. I enjoy reading (can't wait for the hunger games movie to come out!)
9. I am the oldest of 4
10. My life goal is to run a full marathon
4 weeks for you to notice your body changing,
8 weeks for you friends to notice, and
12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.
Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit!
I will be 40 3 months from today
I was a spark person a few years ago and found it very helpful
I lost 30 pounds last year in a biggest loser competition at work
I regained my confidence and outlook on life
I am a mother of a beautiful 2 year old girl who is the love of my life
I ran my first marathon in January
I want to do a half ironman
Running is one of my favorite things to do for " me time"
I am out the door for my runs by 5 am
I need some motivation and help to complete my journey