|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
So glad you're here! We all have our ups and downs but that is what I like about SP - the support. Looking forward to getting to know you!
Spark People Motivator
A wise man's heart [is] at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
"The answer to 1984 is 1776."
Leader of the Biggest Loser! team. www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
Leader of Alex Jones & the New World Order.
Morning all! Where do I start?
My name is Marie and I live in Pittsburgh :) I've lost around 60lbs in the past year with a lot of hard work. I've done various programs in my life and have had my ups and downs in weight loss, but I'm determined to make this time STICK!
I lost much of my weight through healthier eating, with Weight Watchers and then working out at least 3x a week or more. I started running last summer as well, and am still trying to build up my endurance to run straight and not combo jog/walk.
Once I essentially stop WW, due to costs, I hit a plateau. That was in September. I am determined to get off this plateau and move on to greener pastures.
After some evaluation, I know what works best for me:
- I absolutely need to track, no matter how bad
- I need to "check in" and feel accountable somewhere
- I need community (which is why I joined!)
Where I'm currently struggling:
- I need to adjust my portions (which I think is why I'm stuck, I need to reduce!)
- Need to get back on track, tracking
- Lack of motivation, from being stuck for so long
- Terrible tracking on the weekends and when I go out
- Change of mindset on food, in some ways (ex. Not going out to eat to "celebrate" things, learn to celebrate another way!)
- Boredom eating (especially at work)
- Spacing out my meals and portions throughout the day (I work second shift 2p-11a - but I am up at 7:30am-8am and sleep at around 1am)
My goal is to lost another 65 lbs, but my immediate goal, small goal, is to get the scale moving, even just a little bit!
Look forward to being on the boards quite often!