Posted this in the wrong forum by accident and don't know how to delete it. Sorry.
The short question is am I being selfish if I donít want to accommodate my sister by giving up exercising on weekdays for 5 weeks? (ďDonít want toĒ is the key. I havenít said Iím not going to do it.) Does that make me selfish or obsessed with exercise?
The longer version isÖ
My sister and I will be working in the same place, but living separately. She doesnít have a car and driving her around is going to make running more difficult than it already will be. She feels I can give up running for 5 weeks or only workout on the weekends. I disagree. (Iím not sure how long it takes to break a habit, but I imagine itís less than 5 weeks. Running on back-to-back days is hard on my knees, and I rely on a daily workout to keep my moods even.)
1. My days will already last from 640AM-720PM without driving her. That means my runs will already start very close to darkÖ in New Orleans.
2. Itís too humid here to run in the mornings and would be dark anyway.
3. Iíve been maintaining a 25-pound weight loss for 8 months. Previously, I lost 30 pounds, went out of town for a month, stopped working out and never started again. I gained back 20 pounds over the next year.
4. The car isnít in my name but our dadís. However, I was the sole driver for 5 years. I take it in for oil changes, tire replacements, inspection stickers, etc. and have put $2000+ into it the past 2 years.
5. I havenít been able to find any 5AM, 1230PM, or 730PM cardio classes. It wouldn't make sense to join a gym anyway because I won't be paid for the 5 weeks of work, and I won't necessarily be living in New Orleans longterm.
6. I smell a lot when I workout and fear I would leave that behind if I do DVDs in the room I'm subletting. (I also get bored very easily.) The place has no yard.
7. I altered my workout schedule from mornings to evenings in January because of the car situation, but altering and eliminating are very different sacrifices.
Edited by: RUNPHIPHIRUN at: 5/22/2013 (13:58)
| current weight: 152.2