|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:|
Wow, Siberia! I guess I can't complain about our cold weather here in New England.
Eat, Move, Speak, Act like you love yourself!
co-leader, Team Silvery Sneakers
1. I just moved to Siberia for work.
2. I am so close to being under 200 and am getting excited for making it happen more so than ever.
3. I have been obese since junior high due to a trauma. I'm finally over it and ready to be healthy.
4. I am also working on meditating daily which has helped tremendously.
5. I love my family. They are my life even though I am far from them. :)
I am at 211. (I was at 208 yesterday, but ate something salty.)
I love fall weather.
I go for walks early in the morning.
I teach and do water exercise.
I get sidetracked easily, find it very hard to focus on my goals.
Eat, Move, Speak, Act like you love yourself!
co-leader, Team Silvery Sneakers
I love every season, but winter!!!
God has given me a beautiful family, but I just wish we all lived closer to each other!!
I am a struggling gardener, focusing on flowers, and trying to learn a little more every year!!
I have been trying to lose on SP for four years now, slow process indeed!!
I am a sedentary person who is trying to break out and become more active!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13 Pacific time zone
1) I was diagnosed with diabetes, being bi-polar, high blood pressure, 2 carcinoid tumors, and sleep apnea all in the same week!! Sent me into turmoil for months.
2) I used to breed, raise, and show the Munchkin cat breed.
3) I have a very supportive husband and son.
4) I am trying to write a series of children's books using our Munchkin cats as characters.
5) I am determined to loose 40 pounds this year by Christmas day!!!
Edited by: KLASSY813 at: 2/13/2014 (13:33)
Kerrville, Texas native
I will not give up on myself!!
When you feel like quitting: Think about why you started.
It does not matter how slow you go...So long as you do not stop.
#5 really hits home...it was convenient for me to hide because then I didn't have to change what I was doing.
1. I have a great sense of humor - well I laugh at my jokes.
2. Losing weight and breaking 200 is certainly only a teeny tiny piece of the puzzling me - max weight - 235lbs..today 202lbs
3. Married, mother of 2 adult children.
4. Dog lover- 3 terrier household
5. I must have the following for daily sanity: music, nature, and alone time.
1-I'm Jill and I am 25 (26 in less than a month) and I have been struggling weight/food issues for 10 years.
2- I am a proud new mother of a beautiful baby girl and she is my motivation to get healthy.
3- I have tried unhealthy ways to lose weight in the past and I never want to go back down that road again.
4- I have an amazing support system with my daughter'a father. He has even started working out at home with me!
5- I have been been hiding at home(until my recent choice to change) sometimes going weeks withouth leaving the house because I have been so embarrassed of my weight.
Learning how to love myself again. Learning how to be healthy again.
Doing it for myself. Doing it for my family.
1. I have been over 200 all of my 20s.
2. I have two handsome little boys that I want to have the energy to chase around the yard!
3. I am tired of being a fat mom.
4. I have a wonderful and supportive husband that loves me no matter what weight I am.
5. I want to get it done this time but still do not have any confidence in myself :(
If it is to be, it's up to me!
"If you have no plan you are planning to fail" -Wong
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today! ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
1. I am a Mommy to two amazing little miracles!
2. I have a sweet hubby!
3. I am blessed by God!
4. I had a miscarriage 3 months ago, and sometimes I still cry.
5. I want desparately to get healthy.
1. I cant remember being under 200.. I am determined to get there
2. I have an amazing husband and family. This is a 2nd marriage for both of us, married 5 years (together 7)... destined since birth
3. I am a Credit Manager (I know.. one of those) but somebody has got to do it!
4. I try to get out at least 3 times a week to do run/walk (actually jog/walk) intervals. Always in the early morning, when its still dark. Love the peace of it! Just me and my doggy and my headphones
5. I am slowly changing my life little by little. Started with weight watchers and continuing with spark. My weight comes off slowwwwwllllllyyyy. But I am continuing to "tweak" my habbits until I am successful
Change your mind... your body will follow !
1. My family is my first love- I have amazing parents, sisters, bro-inlaws, nieces and nephews
2. I love my career.. I have a unique job and I love every minute of it
3. I have been overweight all of my life and for the first 23 I let it bring me down... then I realized my weight was not a definition of who I am and I would not let it stop me anymore from being myself!
4. I have lost 65lbs. before..... twice, but I never did it my way with me in control of it.
5. I have a mythical plateau number that seems to stump me each time I lose.. 207 - I will not be stopped this time! I will not let it!
1. To be under 200 by Nov 31 2013 - almost there 1.4lbs to go!
2. Climb a rock wall by September 30 2013 -DONE!
3. Run 5k by Dec 31 2013 -DONE!!
1. I'm a former 100 pound loser
2. I love when I'm on plan, revisiting all my favorite healthy foods.
3. The more I have to do the more I get done.
4. I have a goal of being more organized.
5. I am blessed with wonderful family.
1 - I am a mom of two wonderful, amazing little girls
2 - I work in retail - please, be nice to the register monkeys like me :)
3 - I've tried and failed many times to lose weight - they were only failures because I gave up, so now I'm back with a vengeance!
4 - I secretly LOVE shopping for clothes - I just hate seeing them on me in the dressing room.
5 - I'm an artist. I write, draw, paint, and take photos among other things. Only my writing and photography is actually any good, though. :D
I saw this team and thought I'd stop in and join you all. I'm currently working down toward 220, and joined the 10-pounds-in-a-month team as well, so I'm aiming for 216 by January 1st. There is certainly something very, very, very different between 199 and 200 in my mind. *sigh* One pound at a time, right?
A lot of this:
Will lead to this:
Team Co-Leader for www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
Spring HLC Team Rainbow!
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours." - Illusions
"Don't believe in yourself. Believe in [me] who believes in you!" - Gurren Lagan
"I will not Break. I will not Quit. I will do what I need to do today to be healthier tomorrow." - my mantra when things get tough.
1. I need help
2. I keep falling off the weight loss track
3. I'm the biggest I've ever been
4. My health is suffering because I'm the biggest I've ever been
5. I'm embarrassed of my weight.
Response to my top 5
1. I'm here asking for help today
2. I'm back trying again
3. Walking every day will help me lose weight
4. Losing weight will make me healthy
5. I will lose the weight and stop being embarrassed
1-I am 39
2-I am very compassionate
3-I am pretty straightforward. Believe in telling the truth.
4-I have struggled w/ weight issues since I was about 10-11
5-I am a music FIEND!! I love Neo-Soul, R&B, Pop...and some of most genres, but those are my faves. Give me Jill Scott any day! Hello! I also sing.
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
1. I am a mom, wife, nurse, and 40 year old woman. My boys are 12 and 15.
2. I lost 105 pounds and have gained back about 35 of them : ( taking me back over 200...
3. I recently got my bachelor's degree.
4. I am looking for other's that are finding maintenence next to impossible.
5. I struggle everyday with finding a way to care for myself holistically, to find the balance.
1 i am 34
2 i am shy until you get to know me
3 i am a good cook but make a mess anytime i am in the kitchen
4 i have just had my 10th anniversary
5 i don't do to be early enough at night
Don't forget to be awesome.
5 things you should know about me:
1. I am a mother, first and foremost. My two boys are my world.
2. I am divorced but not sad about it. I left him because he was very emotionally and mentally abusive to me. He still has a lot to learn about being a dad and he really pisses me off at times but because of #1 above, I bend over backwards to work with him so that my sons continue to have their father in their lives.
3. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is good to me and my boys. I hope he is the forever I have always wanted but I am in no big rush for anything. We simply enjoy being together and that is all that matters to us. He loves me no matter what my size and actually worries about me taking the dieting/excercising to drastically and getting to an unhealthy weight in the other direction.
4. I am a strong believing but mainly non practicing Wiccan. This does not stop me from being a great person and it hurts me drastically when people treat me different because of it. I am a good person and people making assumptions because of the way hollywood depicts us greatly upsets me. I believe in the right for everyone to choose what they believe. I will not let ANY religion (mine, my ex husbands, nor anyone else's) be forced upon my children in order to allow them to chose what they believe.
5. My family is my life. I stand by them through thick and thin as they have stood by me.
Midnight Mustangs - BLC20
1) I am a mother or 2 kids my girl is 3.5 and my son is just about 2
2) I have a trip planed to the Dominican in may
3) I live in northern B.C Canada
3) I have a farm we have horse, cows, pigs, cats and dogs
4) I am a photographer
5) my goal wight is around 175
1. My weight struggle began about 10-11 years ago when my family uprooted for my dad's job and we moved from Garden City, Missouri which was hilly, humid, and green, to Garden City, Kansas which is flat, dry and brown. Being a bit of an introvert, it was far easier for me to mope about inside and become a coach potato than to go outside and find new friends.
2. My highest weight has been about 225. I'm current at 214, but when I joined SparkPeople this past January, I managed to get myself down to 198 and I'd previously gotten myself down below 200 using Livestrong.com. I want to get under 200 again and STAY under. Eventually, I'd like to get down to the 135 lbs I was when I started high school, but for now I'll settle for 200 by Christmas!
3. I love animals. I have 3 dogs (Valkyrie aka Kyrie - a Brittany/Lab mix or a "Brittador" as we call her, Loki - a full Lab, and my adopted Reggie - an Australian Cattle Dog mix), 2 cats (Josephine aka Josie and Jolly Roger aka Jolly), 3 fish (2 Glofish and an albino Cory that I've named Shawn from Boy Meets World), a pet turkey named Spot (we had a second one named Trey that we ate for Thanksgiving dinner last year. Spot was going to be Christmas dinner but she started laying eggs.) and a ball python named Ringo. We've also had hamsters before. I am a big supporter of adoption and I am very firm in that I will never BUY a cat or dog from a pet store ever again when I can get a perfectly loving one from a shelter.
4. I love to write and as a result, I can be VERY long-winded. Until recently I used to participate in a text-based RPG set in the world of Pern from the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. I've taken a break to focus on work and weight loss. But I've been doing this kind of writing for about 14 years.
5. I'm 21 and I love to hang out with my friends and drink and I know that this could have some bad effects on my weight loss but it is something that I refuse to give up. Maybe when I'm a little farther away from that "just turned 21" frenzy I can moderate myself a little more to boost my weight loss but for now it's not really an option. I justify it with dancing like a crazy person to burn off some of the extra calories.
Hi, my name is Stephanie
1. I am 20 years old and ready to get healthy...my highest weight was around 260 and right now I'm around 248...I want to at least get down to 198...LOL
2. I have a dog named Reese and she is my motivator to walk/run
3. I found out recently that I am gluten and lactose intolerant and thats what got me started on watching what I eat
4. I am currently unemployed but I will be starting school in the spring if all goes according to plan
5. I live in Florida...and would love to have a beach body one day :)
Hi! I am Cindy
1. I am a Jesus Freak!
2. I work in daycare and take care of 8 babies with a coworker. I love my job.
3. I am almost 33 yrs old and I am a single mom of a 13yr old and 9 yr old.
4. I live in Oklahoma.
5. The highest weight ever was at 296 and I am 5' 8". That is when I join Spark the first time. I am now 249 and I would love to get under 200.
Philippians 4:13 NLT
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Hi everyone, I am Tara and my five things are:
1. I am turning 21 in 16 weeks. I have 15.5 lbs to loose before I reach ONEderland and I really, really want to make it by my birthday. I eventually want to lose 75-90 lbs (I will see how I feel and look when I get closer) but its all about the baby steps.
2. I joined SP last year. I lost a good deal of weight and in the process learned that I like to run, shortly after I ended up injuring my leg though so I gained back all of the weight I had lost and then some. I would love to get enough weight off that I am not in pain and can run again one day.
3. My highest weight was a few weeks ago when I was floating around 220-225. I am only 5'0 though so it is a lot of weight for my frame. :( I have been to this point before but my weight has never gotten to 230 that I know of.
4. I am a housewife but it seems that I am never home. I have been accused of living at my church before because I spend so much time there. I am pursuing a youth ministry degree so it is good training and lots of fun.
5. I love music. I will listen to pretty much anything that isn't offensive that has a beat but I guess country, classic rock, and christian rock are my most listened to genres. I honestly think that Ipod's are one of the 100 best inventions of this century. I couldn't imagine having to change a cd player while I was out for a jog or whatnot.
Edited by: MRS-KLINE at: 9/5/2011 (03:17)
How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to?
Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible. -Doug Larson
1) I am a 35 yr old mother of 3 girls (13, 9, & 2) and I have the most AwEsOmE husband...in the world
2) I am a complete and total science geek, I say this with pride, lol and I am still looking for my dream job
3) I have lost 60+ lbs since joining Spark People in July of 2010.
4) I have 15 lbs left until I'm under 200 lbs
5) I can not figure out why I am keeping myself from reaching One-derland
Five Things About Me
1. Im a 31 and a mother of 3 boys ages 11, 9, and 1 1/2
2. On my second marriage, together for 4 years, married when he was in the Marine Corp., now a veteran
3. My weight battle has been on going for 13 years, I have taken ephedrine, perscription weight loss drugs (phentermine), and genetics dont help me at all!
4. I started at 217, Im currently on the HCG diet and now weigh 205, granted its another diet but its proven safe and effective, I realize its only for a few weeks so im in the process of restructuring my bad habits so I can continue the loss after Im off the HCG
5. My weight has restricted my life and relationships in so many ways that I would rather obsess on losing this weight and pour everything in me into this then continue missing out on life by eating and not working out. The time is now! Im more motivated now then ever before, im ready to make the diet into a full lifestyle change.
There you have it :)
5 things about me
1 i'm a big ole baby and having a hard time with relocating from an area near family and best friend to a 2 day drive away. i got used to being close this past 3 years AFTER having lived on the other side of the world most of the 8 years before.
2 Hit 200 a few years back following a yoga injury of all things. I was on a GET in SHape kick and went overboard. The injury took its toll on me physically and emotionally as i was unable to swim or do much of anything and got stuck. i was surprisingly ok even at 200 then all went kabloom.
3 i'm trying to envision a healthy not heavy older me as i not only lose weight but gain good habits. So grateful that Sparkpeople helped to refocus me before the shock of this move hit for if it had not i'd have just moved into the bakery and candy shelves.It's great to see all the differen ttypes get together for support.
4 I cannot strength train much yet, but can get into the water and will be near the ocean so one goal is to find a comfy beach soon. I'm not a strong swimmer anymore but know I'll be better for being in water several times weekly one way or the other.
5 As a non meat and picky eater, this balance thing is a challenge, but kinda cool to figure.
Well my dog is yelling at me for something so i am feeling pressure here this fine last Sunday in the MidSouth. So i'll say, i hope to break 200 in a reasonable sensible and for the last time way soon!
And thanks to the team leaders for the welcome to the group.
1. I suck at commitment (so if I seem to disappear from SP, feel free to send me a message to hunt me down).
2. I automatically like the poster before me (MOMMA_FEATHER) because I love great writing pens, too!
3. In fact, I'm rewriting my novel at present.
4. I love fresh-picked strawberries.
5. I really struggle with trying new things, but once I do, I usually find that I'm glad I did!
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
— C.S. Lewis
1) I'm new to SP. And the format is confusing :/
2) I have an affinity towards office supplies (mostly great writing pens)
3) I recently discovered that I enjoy water parks.
4) It's been terribly hot outside...which has made for very unproductive workouts lately :(
5) Starting a new project has always been very exciting for me...I have a hard time finishing them
1. I am learning to have fun again
2. My husband passed away in March 2011
3. We were married almost 49 years
4. I like my garden and the joy and exercise it gives to me
5. Only with God have I made it this far
5 Things about me:
1) I'm completely obsessed with my cat Italics Megatron Tron, and I have another cat Nelly who is just plain weird.
2) I attend college and am hoping to get into the nursing program by next spring.
3) After doing P90X with my boyfriend (on last month of it now!) I have started to really enjoy working out.
4) I hate P90X yoga.
5) I have a tendency to be a bit of a hypochondriac; I always think I have cancer or some other crazy diseases whenever I get sick. I know, it's nuts.
So great to get to know you all better.... so here goes, 5 things about me:
1. I'm married nearly 19 years, have weathered all sorts of things together, and still love one another. .
2. I'm a long distance caregiver for my mother who is nearly 87.
3. I have 3 cats, Sunny, Fabio and Henry. They were supposed to be semi-feral cats we recently adopted from SPCA to do "critter patrol" in our shed, but it turns out that they love to be indoors, and have adopted us.
4. I work in a very stressful job environment (layoffs due to budget cuts, and more recently two people left for other jobs) with clients with very high needs.
5. I am working to find better balance in my life, and taking care of myself better than I have in the past, mentally, physically and spiritually. Striving to enter into rest... per Hebrews 4.
Five things about me.
1. I have been married for 28 years, and you can't get in touch with me on Monday's between noon and 1:30 because I will be on a date with my beautiful bride, as I have for most of our marriage.
2. I haven't been below 200 in at least 28 years, but I am looking forward to going back and hope to see everyone in this group there as well.
3. I quit smoking using Sparks, and you can too.
4. I was diagnosed December 3rd, 2011 with DB type II. I decided to try and control it with Diet and Exercise rather than Medicine and Money. I'm doing better than GREAT. on this plan, and try to help as many people as I can to do the same.
5. I can wiggle my ears but I can't chew gum at the same time.
6. I'm not real good at counting anything other than my blessings. God is good.
'If you want to live longer, try eating stuff that won't kill you'
- Stan Bush
Hi everyone! I'm Miranda, but I go by Randi. I'm a 38 & currently weigh 216 lbs.
Here are my 5 things you should know about me (in no particular order):
1. I've been married to my husband for 18 yrs and we have 2 wonderful boys: Cody-17 and Jeremy-8 (9 in May).
2. I have an ileostomy (no longer have a colon) which sometimes makes it difficult to eat healthy since every time I eat too much raw fruit or too many nuts I end up in the hospital with a very painful blockage. The best things I digest are breads & pasta (the non-whole wheat kind) and meats. Not that great for weight loss. I've had this since I was 24, so I've learned to deal with it.
3. I HAD epilepsy. I say had because I don't claim it anymore! God is healing me of it. I haven't had a seizure since May of 2010 (or was it 2009?). I'm weaning off of my meds. with my dr.'s permission. I used to take 1800 mg of meds. per day now I'm down to 200 mg!! Praise be to God for His divine healing!!!
4. I hit over 200 lbs during the pregnancy of my 2nd son. I was in ONEderland (just barely) for a little while after his birth, but for whatever reason (most likely depression & just plain bad eating habits) I gained plenty to send me in to the 200's again.
5. I have had major self-esteem issues for most of my life until this past fall when I became my 8 yr old son's Cub Scout den leader and became more involved in the youth & children's ministries at our church. I've found my Calling (I think). It's made a big difference in my attitude toward how I see myself. I still have my days when I think I can't do anything right, but I'm getting better!
Nothing tastes as good as Skinny feels!!!
Hello all, I'm Alison (Ali for short) I'm 49 yrs old engaged to Bill planning on marrying next year, Sept 2012, we have 5 children between us, only 1 lives with us, my son TJ and my granddaughter LM.
1. I'm the mother of two adult children, DJ 28 yrs and TJ 26 yrs and the grandmother of Little Ma'am 13.5 months old (nickname of course) and the light of my life;
2. Prior to finding Sp I droped from 545 lbs to 306 lbs, the hard way, very unhealthy, I joined January 2010 and I learned a lot about me last year that has helped me move forward on this journey now;
3. I am a college graduate from 1999 I started late but managed to get myself a legal secretary certificate and a job as a legal secretary;
4. I was born and raised in WA state and have traveled almost all of the 50 states here in the United States and I've enjoyed every moment of it so much that Bill and I are headed back out on the road this July to travel again he does this for work;
5. I'm a proud Sparker and so thankful that I found Spark to be a part of my life to help teach me the things I need to succeed and to help others reach their goals as well.
Oh Great Spirit who dwells in the sky, lead us to the path of peace and understanding. Our lives are so short here, walking upon Mother Earth's surface. Let our eyes be opened to all the blessings you have given us. Please hear our prayers, oh Great Spirit.
"Native Amerian Prayer for Peace"
Tsalagi, Sasa Ageya
Hey Guys! I'm Tricia (short for Patricia). I'm 26 y.o, married to Derrick (he's DerrickR333 on here) we have 3 little ones; Eve is 7, MJ is 4 and Olive is 1.
1. Prior to finding/joining SP, I lost 80lbs all on my own by running 5 miles daily and restricting my calories. I got down to 196, but we lost our house and stress made me gain back about 40lbs. I'm here starting with a goal of only 10% to not put such a huge pressure on me.
2. My favorite colors are magenta and hot pink.
3. I've never met my father, I'm estranged from my mother and my husbands family all live in Costa Rica, SA--so we're all alone in California.
4. I have 3 college degrees in majors I never wanted to have a career with.
5. I've lived near huge bodies of water my whole life. Currently I live across the street from a river. Previously I lived on the Colorado River in Arizona.
Hi :3 24 year old just trying to be at least under 200 before 25.
1. I lost a TON of weight in 2008 and actually hit about 205 and then gained it all back 2009 - 2010 due to emotional issues. I'm determined to lose what I gained back and more and keep it off forever :)
2. I love gaming, on console and on the computer. Gotta learn to balance that and exercise regularly because right now it's one or the other. Granted right now I'm choosing exercise, but with my love for gaming, who knows how long that's gonna last?
3. I love cats. I have one cat and he's the best work out buddy ever. Last night I was doing crunches during the 30 Day Shred and during one of the times I was going up on the mat he decided to try to lay under me. And he kept running in front of me and trying to kiss me while I was doing pushups. Hilarious sweet furball. I guess that was more about my cat than me...
4. I don't remember being in ONEderland since I was 12. I'm sure I was for awhile throughout high school, I don't know how much of a while, but I didn't bother weighing myself again until about 12th grade because scales and I have never had a very good relationship. My all time high was about 300, and I lost about 50 of it summer after my senior year in 2005. That was sort of a wake up call.
5. My favorite color is orange. ..Yeah, no real way to ramble on about that one, haha.
Hi all! I'm Brandice... 26 year old wife to a wonderful man and mother of three. Here are five things you should know about me:
1. I joined SP last year and dedicated 110% I lost 27 pounds in 2.5 months. It felt great, and I swore it would never come back... Then we moved, I lost my internet and SP access for a while, and ultimately my motivation. I have gained back 22 pounds, but am determined to shed it all and then some.
2. I haven't lived in onderland since Jr. High. I made it there once about seven years ago, but it didn't last. I was on a crazy fad diet that I could not maintain. As soon as I quit i gained back every pound and then some.
3. I have a knee condition called Patella Instability that makes it really hard for me to exercise. Basically I can not do anything that requires my knee to bear weight when it's bent. I have lots of pain, and I injur it rediculously easily. It's both a reason why I need to loose weight, and a hindrence of being able to loose weight.
4. I'm a very busy lady. On top of being a mommy 7 days a week to three girls not yet in school, I do daycare 3 days a week, work as a florist 2 days a week, and just started a cake decorating business and do 1-6 cakes a week. My kids go to daycare one day a week, and stay home with daddy one day a week, but everything else is done while juggling them.
5. Finding onederland has a special meaning to me. My husband and I are ready to have baby #4. However, because of complications at the end of my last pregnancy, I have decided I have to loose weight before getting prego. Finding the 200 mark will be my go ahead. That will be less than I have weighed for any of my pregnancies, and I feel like a good place to be.
*6. I am uncapable of keeping my blogs, posts, or responses short... Sorry!
It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
My name is Ashley, I'm married and have 4 boys and I just joined this group today. 5 things about me are:
1. I've been on SP before, lost a total of 12 lbs. Life got rough and I gained back 20.
2. I am the QUEEN of procrastination. If I can put it off til tomorrow, I absolutely will.
3. I haven't weighed less than 200 lbs in over 5 years. Actually I think it's more like 8.
4. I am attending school part time to complete prerequisites for nursing school.
5. I am afraid that once I lose the 100+ lbs I need to lose, I will just have a lot of saggy skin, because I've been fat for so long. :(
"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." -- Earl Nightingale
Five things about me~~
1. My highest weight was 304 when I joined Spark. I am now at 210 and working to reach 175 as my goal in August 2011.
2. I have congestive heart disease but have been symptom free for six years. Losing weight will help to keep me free.
3. I lost my first husband, the father of my four children in 1982. I raised my children as a single Mom and they are the joy of my life. All are married, successful in their chosen careers and have blessed me with 7 grandchildren~~four boys and three girls.
4. I love quilts. I have made two but would like to make hundreds. I also love to knit and cross stitch.
5. I hate to cook but have a collection of dozens of the neatest cookbooks. I guess I just like to look at the pictures
Hi everyone! My name is Becca, and I've been a member for a little while, but I didn't introduce myself yet. I've been over 200 since at least middle school, and I am trying to get to 199 at the highest within a year.
1. My highest weight was 273 pounds. Thanks to dieting early last year, I lost about 30 pounds and kept the good majority of it off through the second part of the year.
2. I ate 8 servings of fruits and vegetables for the first time in my life two days ago. It felt awesome to see how few calories are in that stuff.
3. I turned 18 in February. That's why I'm focusing on my weight loss now, to try to stay healthy for the greater part of my life.
4. Matt, my boyfriend, is the only person I've ever dated, and I really hope to marry him once I graduate from college.
5. I am looking forward to cooking for my family this summer. Since I will not be working, I volunteered to be the chef, and I will love every minute of it.
If you always put a limit on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. ~ Bruce Lee
Hi all. My name is Cat and I have been heavy most of my life. I lost about 50 pounds a few years ago, only to slowly gain it back, and am only 17 pounds shy of where I was. I refuse to let that happen!
Five things about me:
1. I have 2 beautiful daughters and 1 beautiful stepdaughter
2. I am married to my best friend
3. I am going on a cruise this summer!
4. I hate onions.
5. I am currently addicted to Wii Just Dance 2.
I've had a great couple of days, and am determined to keep it up!
Hi. My name is Tracy and I honestly don't know how many years it's been since I havve seen the other side of 200 and I am soooo tired of being on this side.
5 things about me.
Almost 45 and been married to my DH for going on 28 years.
Mom to two and grammy to 3.
Live in the country in Ohio.
Dealing with health issues all the time, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, diabetes, and hypertension.
Good at giving support, but lousy at listening to myself and taking care of me. Hopefully can find some new friends to keep me accountable!!!
1. I want to lose 120 pounds, I dont look that overweight but I am. I fool a lot of people.
2. I am a certified Spinning instructor.
3. I have 3 pugs and 2 cats.
4. I am learning to love ME and take back control of my life.
5. I LOVE pasta!!!!!!
Five things about me...
1. After 19 years of being over 200, I can't believe that I am actually close to getting back to a number I haven't seen since Junior High School.
2. My home is a virtual zoo with 3 kids and their countless friends, 2 dogs, 2 birds, a cat, 3 turtles, 4 fish, a rabbit, and 2 sugar gliders.
3. I substitute teach and also have an Associates in Computers and a Bachelor's in web Design and Multimedia/Animation.
4. I love to walk and hike, am trying to work my way up to jogging, particularly outdoors.
5. I got my Mom to join me on SP and it has truly transformed us both from the inside out!
Amber Amazon Warrior
Aristomache. Her name means, "Best of Warriors."
5544 Total BLC15 Minutes
*~*~C25K April CONSISTENCY Challenge~*~*
W1: [x] [x] [x]
W2: [ ] [ ] [ ]
W3: [ ] [ ] [ ]
W4: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Dam Run 5k ~ April 30
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
my five things
1. I am twin
2. I am sahm of a eight year old and a three year old
3. I have been on spark for almost six years now.
4. I had lost 100 pounds before getting pregnant for the second time.
5. Working on running my first 5k this year.
Shrinking Shannon from Michigan
2015 will be the year I move more and sit less. I am determined to be healthy and active.
Hi! Here's a little about me...
1. I am an agnostic atheist
2. I am applying to serve in Americorp this year
3. I want to attend George Washington University Law
4. I want to become a published author
5. I have a weakness for good looking men
1. I am 37 years old, married and have 1 daughter age 6, 2 dogs 1 cat and fish
2. I started spark 1 month ago and have been proud to exercised daily for the first time in my life.
3. I have been in the 220's for the past 10 years... and I AM TIRED OF IT!
4. I am learning to like exercise.... but it is a work in process
5. I am great at motivating others.... but often need help to motivate myself!
Losing weight is hard. being fat is hard. Choose your hard.
Welcome Kat and Jan!!
You both have some good goals set for yourself and we're here to help you reach them. Let us know if we can do anything for you so as to help you meet those goals! Our challenges are starting this month - perhaps you'd like to join in with them!?? Again - welcome!!
"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin" Ivan Turgenev
SW -- 261
Lynn -- Indiana
RtTKR - 2008
LtTKR - 2011
Hi my name is Jan. I'm 51 years old empty nester as my daughter is 18 now and away at school. I have always been overweight but I have been morbidly obese and over 250 lbs for 23 years. I have bad knees and left foot. I will be going on vacation to Israel March 10 - 24 and I am soooooo excited about it. I can't wait to get to 199.
first things first...my name is kat, i have two girls and i just joined this team today
1. have have been in the 200 range for years....use to always be around 225 even in highschool
2. i had my thyoid removed nov of 2009 so this loosing weight thing just is not working, i gotta find just the right amount of food vs excersie and ill get it :D
3. i have a 9 year old and a 3 year old who i want to taking out this summer
4. i love tattoos
5. i am a massive book reader
250: Night out
200: New outfit
175: New bathing suit
150: Cherry Blossom Tattoo
Leader of Challenge to loose 100
Hi Heidi - Faye and Martha -- so glad to see you joining us!! Any questions just ask - come join us in the chat or join our daily or weekly challenge -- lots of things going on!! Glad you're a part of our group!!
"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin" Ivan Turgenev
SW -- 261
Lynn -- Indiana
RtTKR - 2008
LtTKR - 2011
Happy to have found this group! I love the thought of joining others to break that 200lb threshold!
I am 50.
I am Canadian with European background.
I started my SparkPeople journey in April 2009.
I lost 60lbs in my first year.
I have been hovering just over or just at 200lbs for over one year and have not broken this barrier since my youngest son's birth (he's 18).
Have lost, regained, lost, regained, lost, regained motivation for months on end now....I am ready to break this plateau once and for all in 2011!!!!
I am Muslim
I am a medical student
I love writing
I moved out of my parents house to go to school 100 miles away and am now closer to them then ever!!!
I've made so many physical changes these past six months but am just now starting to make the necessary mental ones
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
My name is Pat
I am 63 years old
I haven't seen under 200 for 20 years!
I have 2 two children and 6 grand children
I love to volunteer
My name is Amanda and I'm a 26 year old stay at home mom. I have 2 kids. My son is 4 years old and my daughter is 6 years old. With 2 kids and living on a farm it is hard to find time for myself! I'm trying to find that time and keep the motivation to lose 55 lbs! I have 50 of it gone....55 more to go!
When the end of the journey seems impossible to reach, all you need to do is take one more step.
Hi Everyone!! :)
I'm thrilled to find this team.
Five things about me:
1. I have been married to my hubs for 15 1/2 years.
2. I have gained 100 lbs in those 15 1/2 years.
3. I am determined to break 200 by my 40th birthday on May 13th.
4. I am committed to do what it takes to achieve this (and am hopeful that it is possible)
5. I love photography and am a happy person.
1. I have been a single mom for 11 yrs and just became an "empty nester" when my 19 yo son moved out this month.
2. I joined Sparks in October of 2008, lost 66 pounds which took me to 201...hit a mental block and have since regained 40!
3. My best friend who was only 34, thin, active & healthy passed away suddenly last August, and while I was still reeling from that my beloved Yoga instructor who was very fit and only 41 died suddenly Thanksgiving morning.
4. I work 2 jobs and am active in my church, so my free time is practically non-existent.
5. I will be 44 in one week and want this to be my LAST FAT BIRTHDAY!!!
~~~If it is to be, it's up to ME!~~~
I guess it comes down to a simple choice really...Get busy living, or get busy dying. ~from The Shawshank Redemption
No matter how slow you are going, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!
Change your MIND, change your BODY, change your LIFE!
1.I am married and we've been together almost 8 years this May. (married for 5)
2.I am a vegan and very passionate about animal rights.
3.My ultimate dream destination is Africa.
4.I am a singer/songwriter, love to draw/paint, and anything else artistic.
5.I am thin inside, I swear! LOL
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own
1. Married, going 10 years!
2. No kids, no plans. (I love kids though! Other people's! Haha!)
3. 36 & uncontrollable --- hypertension & diabetes. :(
4. 2011 Goal is to GET MOVING --- whether it's walking, dancing, Wii Fit or Zumba! Anything to get off the couch!
5. I love to read, watch movies and watch cartoons!
You are never given a wish, without being given the power to make it happen. -Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach
1. I have 3 year-old twin boys.
2. I'm finishing up my Master's in social work and hope to be a clinical social worker by this time next year!
3. I have a TON of food allergies! ALL nuts, red cabbage, mango, beets, pomegranate, and the list goes on...
4. I love Indian food!
5. I love to sing, and it's something I'm good at. I think that when I lose this weight, I'll have more confidence as a vocal performer.
Change yourself and fortune will change with you.