Let's replace ONE unhealthy habit with new, healthy one in February 2009.
The more we change our old unhealthy habits to new, healthy ones, the more chances we've to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF!
Tomorrow starts a new month. A new opportunity.
Please choose only ONE habit you would like to change in February 2009 for the better.
Celebrate with us when you've changed your old habit with a new healthy one.
Post your progress through the month of February right here.
Change is possible!
Change is good!
Here are some ideas of habits and behaviours to change, one at a time, if applied.
101 HABITS FOR A HEALTHIER YOU!
1. Slow down! You are eating too fast.
2. Eat at the table (not in the car, by the tv, or by the computer).
3. Hide the Scale( I meant to say the "Evil Monster"). only weigh yourself on your WID.
4. Restrict Kitchen visits after dinner except for planned snacks, water and herbal tea.
5. Journal ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING!
6. Include high, rich, healthy Proteins in your diet daily for more energy.
7. Choose a variety of grains daily, especially Whole Grains.
8. Limit Alcohol, high sugar and high fat foods.
9. Plan in advance what you're going to eat, write it in your journal, and then follow your plan. (you write it, you bite it).
10. Drink at least 64 oz of WATER each day
Brush your teeth after EVERY MEAL ( AND SNACKS???).
11. Take at least 15 minutes of "ME TIME" daily.
12. Make the RIGHT HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES daily (i.e. no junk foods today).
13. Measure yourself and record it.
14. Learn to say NO!!!
15. What is your daily favorite activity?
16. Gone Fishing: Eat fish at least twice a week.
17. What do you do when you get the Late- Night Munchies?
18. Think about ways to reduce stress in your life.
19. Eat out - eat right.
20. Think about ways to reduce stress in your life.
21. Use a veriety of foods in your diet.
22. Holiday Makeover (make healthy holiday meals}.
23. Surviving the weekend.
24. Limit your cafein intake.
25. Do not skip any meals.
26. Learn to enjoy life: Get behind the idea that your life is NOT all about your weight and food.
27. Plan in advance what you're going to eat, write it in your journal, and then follow your plan. (you write it, you bite it.
28. Cook Savvy - Fiber Up.
29. Think about ways to reduce stress in your life.
30. Use a variety of proteins in your diet.
31. Give yourself non-food rewards for doing well.
32. Limit your cafeine intake.
33. Do NOT skip any meals.
34. Eat 5-6 small meals a day (to boost metabolism).
35. The Four O'Clock Hour ( after work).
36. False Hunger : Learn to identify.
37. Write a note to yourself about something POSITIVE you did today for YOURSELF.
38. Try a new healthy recepie.
39. Did you take your vitamins today?
40. Think about all the time you are spending thinking about your weight. Instead use that time more productively.
41. Do You Know Your Favorite foods?
Design a food plan that include foods you like BEST.
42. Add extra vegetables to entrees.
43. Go for Low Energy Density;
Energy density is affected by how much water a food contains. The higher the water content,the lower the energy density.The lower the energy density, the fuller you will feel on fewer calories.
44. Make time for meals.
45. Use smaller plates and dishes.
46. Indulge in ONLY what you LOVE.
47. Make it a ritual. Create a ceremony (set up the table with a nice tablecloth and beautiful dishes and glassware)to revel in your favorite food pleasures. Use best china, eat slowly and enjoy every bite.
48. Schedule it: Make an appointment in your calendar to exercise.
49. Leave at least ONE bite of EACH item on your plate at each meal.
50. Sleep: Become aware of you body's sleep patterns. Notice when your body needs sleep.
51. Weigh and Measure everything you eat.
52. Procrastinators anonymous: Do something you have been putting off...Pay those bills, handle an okward situation, Balance your check book, Clean out a closet
53. LOOKING GOOD , FEELING GOOD! ( for yourself and not for others)!!! Wear something you really like wearing that you look fantastic in it!
54. Stock your pantry, refrigirator, and freezer with healthy foods items.
55. Let's switch our MEALS: make your Breakfast or Lunch the MAIN meal of your day. (the French are thin because they eat their main meal at mid day. they eat a LIGHT evening meal. It is (according to research) more healthy to eat light in the evening).
56. Ways to feel GOOD right NOW.
57. Learn to handle holidays stress.
De-Stress your holidays.
58. Meals for busy people: Make ahead healthy meals, freeze them in individual containers and use them on days you're too busy to cook.
59. 9 To 5 : Diet Strategies for dieting on the JOB.
60. Healthy Snacks for ROAD TRIPS
61. Things to do INSTEAD of eating.
62. How to stay on track on VACATION.
63. Surviving Happy Hour.
64. One day a week-vegetarian.
65. Consumed ALL my points(calories), but I still want to eat, eat, eat. What shall I do? I'm HUNGRY!
66. A week with 3 Dinners with Fish and Seafood.
Canned tuna doesn't count.
67. What is your REAL problem? (if you think weight is the problem, you'll choose the wrong solution).
68. Eat ONLY when you are physically hungry.
69. Never DEPRIVE yourself of foods you like. Learn to incorporate them in moderation and accountability.
70. The Core problem is: Lack of Self Love.
Be KIND and Compassionate with Yourself.
Be curious, NOT critical.
71. Have endless PATIENCE!
72. Accept and celebrate your BODY.
73. Listen to and TRUST yourself.
74. Shall I weigh myself every day, once a week, or NOT at all? (it's recomended to weigh in once a week while loosing the weight).
75. Eat a Fist Size of food - Your Personal Portion Guide.
76. Try it! You'll like it!
Try something NEW: A new recipe, new exercise, you name it.
77. NO perfection. No "shoulds" or "could haves" - Just your BEST for TODAY.
78. "Worrying is like a rocking chair". Sure it gives you something to do, but in the end you never get anywhere.
79. "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and the voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh.
80. "Be not afraid of going slowly: Be afraid of standing still" - Chinese proverb.
81. Deside AHEAD OF TIME what to order out.
82. Go to bed earlier.
83. life one learns that if you don't paddle your own canoe, you don't move" - Katharine Hepburn.
84!. Life has TWO rules:
1. Never quit
2. Remember rule # 1!
85. The DICTIONARY is the only place where "success" comes before "work".
86. "The good news is that the bad news can be turned into good news when you change your attitude" - Robert Schuller.
87. A journey of thousands miles begins with a single step" - Chinese proverb.
88. "If we go back to our old ways, we'll go back to our old "weighs".
89. "Some people are always grumbling because roses have throns.
I am thankful that throns have roses" - Alphonse Karr.
90. The hardest part about exercise is putting on those sneakers!
91. Make a list of three things you want to accomplish this week.
92. Put a dollar bill in a jar for each ON PLAN day.
93. W.I.D.R.T- What I did right today? Focus on the POSITIVE ACTIONS.
94. Make your HEALTH a priority.
Nothing taste as good as healthy feels.
95. We do NOT have to be PERFECT to make Amazing Success Happen!
96. Make your HEALTH a priority
Nothing taste as good as healthy feels!
97. Self Sabotage: How we fail with NO help at all!
98. Eat the rainbow colors in vegetables and fruits.
99. Serve fresh fruit for dessert.
100. Cook with olive, canola or other healthy oil instead of butter or margarine whenever you can.
101. Sit up straight to eat, and you’ll eat about 10 percent less.
Add these if not on the list
From "The Power of Positive Habits" by Dan Robey.
CHOOSE ONE habit at a time, work on it, master it, and then move to master another habit.
One Habit at a time.
One step at a time.
Here are some Positive Habits for a better health, and for losing weight.
POSITIVE WEIGHT LOSS HABITS:
1. When dining out, make a habit to request how your food is prepared.
2. Eat four to five small meals per day instead of three large meals.
3. Substitute Club Soda or Sparkling Water for Soda drinks.
4. Drink green tea daily.
5. Drink eight glasses of water per day.
6. Eat in a well - lit room to prevent Binge eating.
7. Weigh yourself once a week.
8. Carry a 32- ounce water bottle filled with cold water.
POSITIVE HABITS THAT MOVE YOU:
1. Wear a pedometer.
2. Deep breathing.
3. Jump rope for ten minutes and get fit quick.
4. Reward yourself to help make working out a positive habit.
5. Run spot run! Workout with your pet every day.
6. Don't push the elevator button.
Lose weight by taking the stairs every day.
POSITIVE HABITS FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS:
1. Replace bad fats with good fats.
2. Take Flax every day for a healthy, trim body and lower Cholesterol.
2. Always order salad dressing on the side.
3. Substitute Soy burgers for hamburgers.
4. Always order baked potatoes plain.
5. Eat more low-fat dairy.
Lose 70% more fat, reduce cancer risk.
6. Substitute Trans-Fat Free Margarine for Trans-Fat margarines and butter.
7. Review nutrition labels.
8. Substitute Peanut or almond butter for butter and cream cheese.
Which of these HABITS you've master allready, and which ones you will work on mastering?
Start building one new habit today !!!
One Step at a Time Weight Loss Tipswww.arfamilies.org/health_nutrition/walkac
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 1/31/2009 (14:48)
|492 Maintenance Weeks