I saw the "NECKLACE (CHAIN) GAME" somewhere and I liked it.
I thought you might like it too.
You can make your own beautiful necklace (or a chain) by being OP (On Plan), using the emoticons provided here on SP.
*** Please feel free to make adjustments and changes to the "NECKLACE GAME" as you wish.
Congratulations on being On Plan
Please read Rule # 3 below. It's an excellent motivating rule to stick to your Necklace game, which means: sticking with your weight-loss journey.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GAME
1. For every day you are ON PLAN (OP) you put in your necklace (chain ) the letter D ( for a DAY). So, if you are OP for 4 days in a row, your necklace looks like that: D - D - D - D
It's nicer to use the "EMOTICONS"
2. Once you are OP for 7 days, you change it to W ( For a week) .
Example: If I'm OP for 19 days, my necklace ( or chain) looks like that: W - W - D - D - D - D - D
If you prefer to wear a longer necklace, you can WEAR it this way too:( instead of a W for a week, put 7 "D"'S, like this: D - D - D - D - D - D - D-
3. If you are FULL MONTH OP, It becomes M ( For a MONTH). So, if you are OP 49 days in a row, ( on a 31 days a month),your necklace will look like that: M - W - W - D - D - D - D
RULES OF THE GAME .
1. It's a challenge for yourself , NOT A COMPETITION WITH OTHERS.
2. The first day you BREAK the necklace (chain), you start playing the game all over again , (only if you have used already all of your extra 3500 calories for the month : See Rule # 3), and build your necklace ( chain ) once more from the beginning.
3. RULE # 3 IS VERY IMPORTANT .
PLEASE READ IT !
IT IS A GOOD RULE TO HELP YOU STICK TO THE NECLACE- GAME .
In order to learn NOT to be perfect, and in order to be REALISTIC,( we will always have days we are not OP) , YOU MAY HAVE (if you choose) UP TO 3500 EXTRA CALORIES EACH MONTH IN ADDITION TO YOUR regular diet requirements.
You can still CONTINUE to built your necklace(chain)!
The idea here is that the extra 3500 calories amount only to 1 pound gain in one month period, while an average of 2-4 pounds loss per month is VERY reasonable with being OP.
You will still be AHEAD OF THE GAME at the end of each month if you need to add up to extra 3500 calories in a month, providing you are otherwise OP.
The second idea is that once you've built a large chain,(many days OP), you'll have the motivation to keep going,( rather than break it and start all the way from the beginning again), and rule # 3 allows you to do that , WHILE YOU CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT.
4. Keep your own records.
THAT INCLUDES ALSO KEEPING RECORDS OF THE OPTION TO USE UP TO 3500 calories EACH MONTH. ( when we go off plan).
5. Post your NECKLACE (chain) every day.
I hope you enjoy the game.
Edited by: PERSISTENCEMIMI at: 6/2/2008 (06:54)
|506 Maintenance Weeks