I got put on a 14 day liquid diet for health reasons. I've experimented and learned a few things.
1. To keep my protein up I use a non-flavored whey protein powder, added to soups.
2. I love my magic bullet for blending my soups.
3. I can't have the solids, so I use a potato ricer to sift them out.
4. A warm chocolate protein drink is like heavenly hot chocolate.
5. Get some canned/boxed chicken and beef broth (low sodium) to thin out thicker soups.
6. I AVOID bouillon - the salt swells me up.
7. Yogurt can be thinned with Almond milk, or other milk you may prefer.
8. Jello melts in your mouth and counts as liquid (according to my PA)
9. Refried beans can be added to thin soups.
10. Peanut butter, vanilla yogurt and Almond milk are delish mixed together.
Hope this helps. I'm looking forward to graduating to soft foods if my checkup goes well next Wednesday.
Never give up; never surrender!
| current weight: 162.0