Here are some further tricks once you've started using the recipe creator:
How I did it when making chicken picatta last weekend.
1) put the pot I'm going to use on a scale with a hotpad underneath
2) measure the empty pot plus hotpad
3) make the dish - which in this case said "serves six"
4) when the dish is done, put it back on the scale with the hotpad
5) measure the whole thing, subtract the weight of the empty pot plus hotpad
6) divide that weight by six.
I knew then I got a half pound of my chicken picatta.
Another way to do it:
1) Put all the foods in the recipe builder
2) Save it as if the whole thing serves one (don't click on the box to put it in the shared databse)
3) when you get done making it, portion it out into however many servings look appropriate
4) go back into your recipe, click on the button to create a recipe makeover and put the correct amount of servings in. Then add that serving to your tracker.
It's tricky, but it's worth it to create your own recipes and know how many calories you're getting.
Edited by: CALLMECARRIE at: 4/23/2014 (11:52)
"I owe everything you see here to spaghetti."
| current weight: 173.3