There are 2 types of vitamin A. The one that can be toxic at high levels is found in meats, liver, supplement form, etc. It is very difficult to reach a danger level UNLESS you are eating pounds of liver daily or taking large doses of vitamin A supplements.
The other type of vitamin A is found in your colorful fruits and veggies. The body takes this form and converts it to the active vitamin A form if needed. Therefore larger amounts are NOT dangerous at all.
Hope that helps,
"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down but the staying down." Mary Pickford
"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."
Fitness Minutes: (32,590)
21,298 12/13/13 12:50 A
I am always way over on vitamin A. I do not take a multi vitamin and I do not take any vitamin A supplements. This is just from the food I eat. I do eat carrots and sweet potatoes, but not every day. I am always getting a warning. Do you have this problem? Do you have any ideas?
goal is to be able to walk again Linda high desert, California
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.