I am gluten free and have been for the last 2 years although I have never been formally diagnosed with celiac disease. My doctor and I agree that it is not necessary to get a formal diagnosis though costly and invasive testing as I feel so much better and have noticed many health improvements since I stopped eating gluten. I am also grain free 90% of the time.
* my chronic constipation (since I was a small child) is gone
* my painful, bloated, gassy stomach pains are gone
* my keratosis pilaris has improved
* my joint inflammation has improved/gone
* my mucus production ie. constant runny nose has improved
* my blood glucose numbers are consistently low
My 8 year old son has been suffering from migraine headaches for the last few years. They had started increasing in frequency and severity in the last few months. He would get a horrible headache for hours that wouldn't go away until he threw up violently, this was happening 2x a week. Three weeks ago I removed gluten from his diet and he hasn't had a headache since. Coincidence? Time will tell I guess.
JERF - Just Eat Real Food
I'm a Certified Personal Trainer.
I eat mostly vegetables, fats, meats, some fruit and dark chocolate. Unprocessed and preservative free. And it's changed my life!
Goal weight 125lbs
36 years old
Keeping my blood sugar levels low on my high fat/ low carb/ moderate protein diet. ontariomountainbikingmama.blogspot.c
|166 Maintenance Weeks