1) Wear clothes that flatter. Trying to fit into something that's too small for your body is a recipe for disaster! You get clothes that fit you... you don't get a body that fits your clothes. If your dress isn't great, work with what you have... have it altered to fit you if you need to.
2) Watch your sodium intake. I d on't mean just the salt on your food, that actually accounts for only a small percentage of most people's sodium intake. Watch for processed foods and restaurant food. Keep your sodium low, as too much can cause water retention.
3) Stay hydrated. Being properly hydrated is the single best thing you can do for yourself. It helps fight bloat, keeps your skin and hair looking great, AND helps fight cravings, since we often mistake thirst for hunger. Keep water on hand, and avoid sodas and liquid calories.
4) Whole foods. Nothing makes me feel good like whole, prepared foods low in crap and high in nutrients. It changes how your whole body feels!
5) Have reasonable expectations. Understand why you're there, and know that you're not going to make a massive transformation in your mind or our body in just 8-10 weeks. You're just not. You can't make yourself feel good if you're not already working on that. :) These things take time.
6) Remember that this isn't about you. You'll be on stage, but NO ONE will be looking at you... this is about your sister. You're there to support her. Looking great is irrelevant. :)
Writer, mother, wife, and breadwinner. I love to run, but running doesn't love me, so I'm switching to my low-impact bike.
I'm not pregnant, just fat: My blog. fatnotpregnant.blogspot.com/
| current weight: 179.8