Why are you taking all of these supplements? I reviewed your Sparkpage, looked at your diet for the past few days and your exercise, and I see you are only 10 pounds away from your target weight. Great job!
You don't need all of these pills.
1, You eat meat, so you don't need the B-12.
2. You have plenty of dairy and get plenty of protein, so unless a medical professional prescribed a calcium supplement you don't need that.
3. Biotin is a B-complex vitamin, your diet seems to have plenty of those vitamins as well.
4. Centrum is a multi-vitamin. Read the label. Most of what is in there can be found in the food you eat in sufficient quantities.
5. Probiotic Colon Support = active ingredient is acidophilus. A bacteria found in yogurt. Have a yogurt as your morning snack and another in the evening.
6. Fish Oil supplement - This one I like. A study done at the National Institute of Health showed that most Americans have a lack of Omega-3 Fatty acids. These fatty acids are not manufactured by the body like Vitamin D, they are only taken in through our diet. They are essential to blood cell production, heart health, improved liver function, brain function and provide other health benefits as well. However, they are also scientifically shown to increase LDL (aka bad cholesterol) in the blood stream, so too much of a good thing can be bad for you.
My advice, save your money, get rid of the pills (except the fish oil if you don't eat fish), and make better food choices. Your wallet and your waistline with thank you later.
Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels and looks.
| December Minutes: 0