Ok so I rarely eat at Olive Garden except every year on my birthday. I love their food and my mom always gets me a gift card for their restaraunt.
Just because I'm eating healthier does not mean I'm going to deprive myself of eating at one of my favorite places, especially on my birthday when I think its okay to let loose a little. So that is where I am going.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to eat reasonably there? Usually when I go there I overeat BIG TIME. I'm talking salad, multiple breadsticks, martini, huge pasta dish, AND dessert!
I know it is so easy to just say "Oh just order a salad or something off the light menu". But honestly, that's just not going to happen because the whole point for me to go to Olive Garden is to get a saucy pasta dish, and I'm not going to completely deprive myself what I love. In particular, I already know I'm going to get the fettuccini alfredo with grilled chicken because its my favorite.
SO what I'm thinking I will do (and doing these WILL be very hard for me to do....I usually eat everything in sight there even way past being full, even lick my plate clean!)
- Fill up on the salad as much as possible (even though I'm sure the dressing isn't good) and don't get extra parmesan cheese on the salad
- Only eat 1 breadstick (instead of my usual 3+)
- Drink lots of water
- If I'm going to order a birthday cocktail, order it from the "skinny" drink selections
- (This will be the hardest one for me) Only eat HALF my pasta meal and save the other half for lunch the next day
- No dessert, or take a dessert home to eat another day when it fits better into my plan (Tiramisu is my weakness!)
Do you think this is a reasonable birthday meal? I think I might only go over a little if I make sure to eat a lighter breakfast and lunch and try to get some cardio in beforehand. Does anyone else have any tips??
THANK YOU! Wish me luck! Oh and my birthday is on January 25th, so I do have some time to plan it well and compensate beforehand!
Edited by: LIMERCIER at: 1/13/2013 (14:01)
| current weight: 181.0