My white chili doesn't contain nightshades (I don't think) and it's really yummy. I don't worry about exact quantities, because it's very forgiving:
1) Saute chopped onion (and a little celery if you want) in a little olive oil (or water if you don't do added oils) until soft
2) Add chopped garlic and saute another minute or so
3) Add cubes of cut up chicken (I use boneless skinless thigh meat)
4) Add cumin and salt to taste (I usually start with a tablespoon of cumin, and a teaspoon of salt for a 4-quart pot of chili)
5) Optional add-ins: beans, corn, a dash of liquid smoke
6) Add enough chicken stock to just barely cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer 30 minutes before serving. If it's not thick enough, I sometimes thicken it with a cornmeal slurry.
| March Minutes: 466