Caution -- old lady lurking!
Okay boys, I feel your pain! I spent my 50s battling arthritis then, at 59 l had both knees replaced (surgeries 6 months apart). This corrected bowing legs, bringing my legs in 17į and changing my gait sufficiently to produce bilateral hip bursitis. Now, with roughly 50 pounds to shed, here is what I find works. . .
1. Treading water in the pool (look it up in the activity tracker, it really burns calories!) 30 min
2. Stretching & light weights, just enough to know I worked out (10minutes does that for me!)
3. Treadmill walking just enough to be barely aerobic (2-3 mph) 20 min duration.
I'm doing this twice a week now and walking as much as I can tolerate at work.
1. Climb stairs at work without getting winded
2. Steadily increase weights and reps in my resistance routine
3. Be in a position to need a new & smaller bathing suit by summer!
Wishing you all the best! Good health is worth the struggle!
Simple kindness to one's self and all that lives is the most powerful transformational force of all.
-David R. Hawkins
| Pounds lost: 7.0