I know I bust Trinity's chops for being a girl and constantly "weighing" in on the GUYS Lounge, but this time she's right (she must be reading my blogs). The "Tale of the Tape" is the best way I have found for measuring my success. I measure monthly on the 1st and track on my "weight" page.
Here is where and the proper way to measure: Starting at the top...
1. Neck (not collar size) around the adam's apple
2. Chest, with arms down across the nipples, standing up straight with breath exhaled.
3. Waist (not where you wear your belt), across the navel and the love handles.
4. Hips, around the biggest part of the glutes
5. Thighs, near the top around the largest part of the leg
6. Arms, around the bicep and tricep with arm bent but not flexed.
Use a mirror to make sure the tape is even around the part being measured. Stay relaxed to keep the measurements as accurate as possible.
I also measure Blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol, flexibility, bmi, body fat and VO2 on a monthly basis to benchmark my overall fitness levels.
I hope this helps.
Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels and looks.
| December Minutes: 0