I was on the fence about whether or not I was going to send mine back, but I ended up keeping it for several reasons:
1. It would track my mileage. I like running and since I don't have a regular route, to calculate my miles, I have to remember where I go, and then look it up on mapmyrun, and it's a pain. The SPAT tracks your miles, and it's very accurate (I've measured against a known course and it was only off by .01 miles.
2. It tracks my movement when I'm pushing a stroller. The bracelet style trackers can't do that, as far as I can tell.
3. The lights motivate me to move. This is increasingly becoming a BIG DEAL I'm finding myself so motivated to get the full light show that I'm taking the dog for evening walks, walking with the baby, walking WAY more in the grocery and pet food stores, parking at the back of the lot, etc.
4. I figured out how to get it to recognize my chosen activities. I do have to change some of the entries manually, but I just view that as a limitation of the device and work around it.
5. It's easy to put it on and forget about it. It stays securely clipped to my shoe or hip.
| Pounds lost: 2.0