1) It can take 6-8 weeks for the body to catch up with healthy habits.
2) The less you have to lose the slower it will come off - aim for 1/2 lb a week.
3) A sudden change in activity (especially increased intensity) can cause the scale to go up temporarily because the muscles are recovering and holding on to water.
4) To lose fat the emphasis needs to be on nutrition. 1/2 lb a week can be derailed pretty easily if you're not diligent in your eating habits and tracking. Look for any improvements you can do.
5) Make sure you're creating the deficit you need to lose 1/2 lb a week for your activity level. This means plugging in a realistic future goal date. This means not eating too much or too little.
6) Make sure the scale is not your only measurement of success. You could be losing inches and the scale doesn't budge. (once again you have to give the body time to catch up to the changes you make).
Edited by: STDWYNWEN at: 5/31/2013 (08:41)
(Round Three) ChaLEAN Extreme 90 day challenge met on 5/03/13.
(Round Two) ChaLEAN Extreme 90 day challenge met on 10/19/2012
(Round One) ChaLEAN Extreme 90 day challenge met on 5/21/2012.
Virtual 5K Walk/Run 10/28/12 - 41:10
Virtual 5K Walk/Run 7/29/12 - 44:03
A healthy mind makes a healthy body possible.