A few ideas to keep cool while exercising:
* mall walking
* walking in the early morning, and stick to the shady side of the road
* consider 3 x 10 minute workouts throughout the day, rather than 1 x 30 minute workout
* splash some water over yourself before your workout, so that you get the benefit of evaporative cooling even before the sweating response kicks in
* for the DVD, don't just use the AC, but position yourself directly under a vent, or in front of a fan - the air movement significantly increases the rate of evaporation and cooling effect of sweating
* keep a cold compress handy (over the back of the neck is great) - even something as simple as ice cubes wrapped in a towel
* put some ice cubes in your water bottle
You may be limited as to workout intensity and duration, but honestly, how long and how hard you work out is less important than just that you do it regularly.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
| current weight: 178.0