A lot of you have been more involved in athleticism for far longer than myself and may have some insight. I was doing circus arts yesterday on an apparatus similar to a trapeze. I went from being bent over the bar on my hips/tummy into a upside down position hanging from my left knee and hands. I felt my knee gristle a little and it felt really sharp on the lower inside of the knee. It was a little sore while I continued to work out, but hurt a a lot worse when stretching. When I woke up this morning, I had to wrap it because it feels weak and twingy. It isn't painful when I walk on it, just when it twists or when my foot moves back and forth. Usually randomly twisting wouldn't be a problem, but as it feels a little week, it is kind of rolling on its own. I don't think it is worth going to a doctor about, but I would appreciate input from anyone with sports related knee issues. Here are my questions:
1) What did I do? It isn't a muscle pain, it feel in between the bones, behind the kneecap. Painful, but not too painful, just twingey and sharp.
2) Heat or ice? I used a heating pad yesterday but I dont know if it helped?
3) When do I see a doctor? What are signs that I need to see someone vs. take it easy and wrap it up?
4) what are some exercises I can do to build muscle in the right places to avoid such injuries?
5) What exercises shouldn't I do when I am trying to recover?
I just got into a more advanced program starting next week and would hate to miss a class!
| current weight: 129.0