I have yet to find anyone who has spent more years recovering from infectious diseases than myself. Will spare you the details, but if a virus gets in my lungs, I am down for the better part of a year.
Here is a list from an expert on recovering from illnesses.
1) drink as much water as you can stand to drink. The list of reasons why is quite long, but it is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
2) Hydrate your sinuses with frequent hot, steamy showers and/or a humidifier. Dr. Neilmed sinus rinses available at any drugstore are also helpful
3) Treat the symptoms as recommended by your doctor and/or pharmacist.
4) As you have energy...walk. Move gently, and do not overexert yourself or it will set you back. Don't overdo it!
5) Stretch daily - several times a day if practical.
6) If you have not already done so, try Yoga - it helps to strengthen gently and also stretch
7) If you have been lifting weights, then do very, very light ones while ill. Don't overdo it! If you have not been lifting weights, then go through the motions of it without actually lifting any (example: stretch arms up overhead 20 times...)
During an illness is not a great time to go running or get into a challenging, new fitness routine. Be gentle, easy, if you are tired, get rest.
If you don't take care of yourself, you are no good to anyone else.
Get well soon!
| current weight: 109.2