The Spark shares a number of similarities to other trackers. It tracks your all day movement, and wirelessly transfers the data to your computer and account. However, big differentiators of the Spark vs other trackers includes:
- The Spark fully integrates with the rest of SparkPeople. So on one site you can see and use all your tracker data, plus use all the other great tools, resources, and community interactions on SparkPeople. We also then have special challenges and coaching available exclusively for owners of the Spark.
-You can wear the Spark discretely on your pocket, belt or bra – unlike many other devices that you HAVE to wear on your wrist).
- The Spark can distinguish the types of workouts you did, determining (and tracking) if you did running, walking, indoor cycling, or an elliptical workout. The type of workout you did will appear in your fitness tracker, so you can see exactly how many calories you burned while running vs. an elliptical workout. We believe other trackers do not provide this level of detail.
- At $59.95 The Spark is priced less than most other trackers on the market. Of the 3 most popular other trackers, the Nike FuelBand is $149, the FitBit Flex is $99, and the Jawbone Up is $129.
- The Spark is completely waterproof. You can wear to exercise in the pool (it will not track and categorize your activity as “swimming” but since you are moving , it will track that you are active), and it even can survive a run through the washing machine if you accidently leave it on your clothes.
- The battery will last 6-12 months. Other trackers typically need to be recharged every 5-10 days. Plus we include an extra battery.
- We can’t underestimate the benefits of being fully integrated with SparkPeople, and with the benefits of SparkPeople building the system to view and use your data. SparkPeople has been around since 2001, and has learned how to encourage people to be more active and eat better. We have applied all of this learning to our Spark Activity Tracker experience. You’ll get special weekly coaching tips based on your activity, have access to special teams and challenges, and many more great new features. Plus you get 500 SparPoints when you setup your Spark
"We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda
Live Kind. Laugh Often. Love Always.
|23 Days until: Spring Break