So far, this journey has been 18 months long (7 months working on incorporating exercise and losing 20 lbs before rejoining SP in August of 2012). Obviously, I've noticed a lot of changes with a total of 88 lbs gone, and I figured I'd celebrate that list here. :-)
1. I no longer have to "heave" myself off the couch. I just stand up like everyone else.
2. I no longer dread going up or down the stairs in my house (I live in a 3 story townhouse) and no longer have to stop to rest when carrying a basket of laundry up 2 flights.
3. I truly love exercise now, and crave it when life gets too busy to keep up to my usual routine.
4. I put my pants on like everyone else now. I used to have to sit down.
5. Got a shock when standing in front of a mirror recently. May be TMI, but when standing with feet shoulder width apart I actually have a space between my thighs at my crotch. I think it's been since I was about 12 years old since the last time.
6. After 20 plus years buying clothes only in plus sized stores, I am now in the smallest size they carry and have even been able to buy a few things in "regular" sizes.
7. For the first time ever, I will be able to get on a plane next month and NOT request the seat belt extender. That's always been humiliating.
8. I have reached the point where I'm not eating healthy because I'm on a "diet". I truly feel better when I eat "clean" and that is motivation enough.
9. I've been told that I've become an inspiration to many people. This means a lot.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. But these are the things that mean the most to me. Thanks for the opportunity to share your own. :-)
| current weight: 183.4