We started charging for our mobile tracking apps because they require significant resources to build & maintain, but do not provide much revenue via ads (and we have to make money so that we can stay in business and support our free products)! The site is still 100% free and so is our mobile site that can be accessed on your phone's web browser (mobile.sparkpeople.com).
However, if you previously had the free app, you may still be able to get that back (but it won't be updated) by going to your app store and installing the app that you previously downloaded. Please note though, the free version is not being updated, but the paid versions are continuing to be updated.
If you have a droid device:
The process for reinstalling the free version of the app is slightly different depending on where you originally downloaded the app. Below are instructions for purchases from Google Play and from Amazon.com's Appstore for Android.
Option A--Purchased from Google Play Store/Android Market
1. On your device, open the Google Play app.
2. Click the menu button on your phone.
3. From the options that appear, select "my apps."
4. At the top of the page, you will have the option of viewing installed or all apps. Click the button that says "all" to view all apps.
5. Scroll to find the app.
6. To the right of the app title, click the icon that says "free" to install it.
Option B--Purchased from Amazon
1. Open the Amazon Appstore App.
2. Click on the menu button on your phone.
3. Form the options that appear, select "my apps."
4. At the top of the page you have the option of viewing new, installed, or all apps. Click to view all apps.
5. Locate the SparkPeople app from that list and click to install.
If you have an iPhone:
1. On your device, open the App Store app.
2. Click the button at the bottom to navigate to "Purchased."
3. At the top of the purchased apps page, click the button that says "Not on this iPad/iPhone."
4. Scroll through the apps until you find the Diet and Fitness tracker and click to install.
If you switched phone types (iPhone to Droid or vice versa, they are two separate systems and there isn't a way to transfer the app).
Please note: I will be on maternity leave until early April.
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." - Michael Jordan
Searching for a buddy? Try using the search feature in the SparkPages
|1,627 Days since: No Soda