We started charging for our mobile tracking apps a few months ago because they require significant resources to build & maintain, but do not provide much revenue via ads (and we have to make money so that we can stay in business and support our free products)! The site is still 100% free and so is our mobile site that can be accessed on your phone's web browser (mobile.sparkpeople.com).
However, if you previously had the free app, you may still be able to get that back (but it won't be updated). The paid app already has had several updates to include more features than the free app.
The process for reinstalling the free version of the app is slightly different depending on where you originally downloaded the app. Below are instructions for purchases from Google Play and from Amazon.com's Appstore for Android.
Option A--Purchased from Google Play Store/Android Market
1. On your device, open the Google Play app.
2. Click the menu button on your phone.
3. From the options that appear, select "my apps."
4. At the top of the page, you will have the option of viewing installed or all apps. Click the button that says "all" to view all apps.
5. Scroll to find the app.
6. To the right of the app title, click the icon that says "free" to install it.
Option B--Purchased from Amazon
1. Open the Amazon Appstore App.
2. Click on the menu button on your phone.
3. Form the options that appear, select "my apps."
4. At the top of the page you have the option of viewing new, installed, or all apps. Click to view all apps.
5. Locate the SparkPeople app from that list and click to install.
Edited by: SP_COACH_DENISE at: 3/25/2013 (17:52)
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." - Michael Jordan
Searching for a buddy? Try using the search feature in the SparkPages
|1,530 Days since: No Soda