It's taken me three months after insensitive diagnosis of diabetes to reach a peace about it. I've now passed through several different emotional stages;
1. Panic, incomprehension of how this could happen to me as I'm healthy (eat properly,exercise),
3. inability to cope with the complexity ( as I take instruction well, and what I start out doing makes my blood sugar worse!),
4. Misuse of my blood sugar machine
5. Hunting Internet for info. And finding it complicated and unhelpful
6. Optimism ( following a visit to endocrinologist)
7. Relief (finding this website and getting a menu, more importantly, being able to record what I actually eat and combine it with a pre planned/balanced menu)
8. Beginning of control (trying to print weekly shopping list, and move to planning family meals again!)
Next - get family budget back under control with coupons for the list.
Thanks for the relief!
New International Version (NIV)
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
| Pounds lost: 13.0