Congrats on your good start and welcome to Sparks.
Sparks is a wonderful site and the people are very supportive. Here are a few hints to help:
When your busy, (or when you get discouraged, every once in a while it happens) Try doing some small things to keep you on track.
Post-it notes with taped on pencils.... On the cupboard where your plates are.... put up a post-it note and a pencil...and put a mark for every serving of vegetables or fruits you have each day. Put a post-it on the fridge and mark off waters, juices or sodas, and other one for "moving your body".
Hash marks are a quick and easy way to keep some kind of track of what you're are doing and eating. and it's not as complicated or time consuming as logging all the foods and calories. Don't get me wrong...It's not as "good" as keeping a full account, but when time is scarce, or your just having a bad spell, it's better than nothing.
Also, here are some links to what is offered here:
1. Getting Started www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/get_started.as
2. Video on An Overview of SparksPeople Community www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_ar
3. Earn SparkTrophies for Reaching Your Goals www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_ar
4. Video: How to Use Sparks Fitness Tracker www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_artic
5. How to use SparksPeople Nutrition Tracker www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_art
And, remember to have patience with yourself.
Kathy Priebe www.kathypriebe.com
-Leader of the Wiccan Dieters.
-Co-Leader of Wow I need to lose a whole person.
-Co-Leader of SP Class of June 12-18, 2011
-Leader of Asthma/COPD Sufferers.
| current weight: 283.0