I'm less worried about a lowered body temperature since mine is naturally low. I'm dealing with water poisoning at the moment. I had several steroid injections in my spine and a burst of oral steroids in a single week so I had horrible dry mouth, plus I was always starving so I drank ridiculous amounts of water. But it isn't good, so now I'm drinking water with vitamins and electrolytes more than water. I'm starting to feel better, but it's definitely not good. Body temperature can change pretty quickly. Mine is actually usually between 96-97 degrees. But I agree with Sheryl, if you've eaten or had anything to drink within 20 minutes it can affect how a thermometer measures oral temperatures.
I've been drinking lots of ice water in an attempt to bust my plateau. Ten minutes after my last glass, took my temperature and it is 93.6 degrees F! Hypothermia levels. I'm putting on some hot tea. Be careful if you are chugging ice water.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.