Took effort to change eating habits & stick to daily exercise plan. Now it is routine and if I miss exercise or eat off-plan I don't feel well. The new, healthy habits made a big impact. My health check-up last month was proof positive. Cholesterol down, blood pressure down [significantly] and Weight down - body firmer.
The three biggest things I can think of that I have fought and won:
1. Getting past all the bullying I've endured during elementary school, middle school, and at work. I became a stronger person.
2. The last car I bought in 2002 was a Saturn. After I drove it home, I noticed the odometer did not turn over at all. A friend of my hubby's (also a car salesman) said to take it back. You don't know what is wrong and how many miles it really had. The dealership tried to say they just got in a technical manual and it is a battery change. I said no and persisted to get another car. After about 20-30 minutes they relented, but had nothing similar. I ended up getting a sunroof and stereo package. Bonus!!
3. Getting out of the secretarial field and into the admin/professional series/grades.
Life is not waiting for the storms to pass..it's learning to dance in the rain.
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton
Growing Up In the 70's Team Co-Leader
current weight: 211.0
Fitness Minutes: (207,380)
11/22/13 10:57 A
1. stopped putting myself down about my size...started concentrating on my health 2. stopped thinking about putting things off until I....started living one day at a time 3. stopped caring about what other people think...started listening to my gut
Sheryl from New Jersey, USA... EST
Pounds lost: 4.0
Fitness Minutes: (18,507)
1,377 11/22/13 9:25 A
- Battled financial and employment troubles while being a single mom for 8 years - Battled the IRS TWICE and won (hopefully that never happens again) - Battled WITH my hubby to save our marriage last year and we're still together, and plan on being together for the rest of our lives.
current weight: 121.0
Fitness Minutes: (87,276)
11/22/13 8:54 A
1. I was fired twice from the same company and got my job back 2. Battled a company over unemployment benefits and won with back pay 3. Stopped smoking and started exercising is one I'll never have to go through again
Life has many doors that lead to SUCCESS that many people fail to open
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.