My DD graduated from college this spring. As a grad present we paid for her to adopt a pound kitty. Then our neighbor asked her to take their new kitten till he found a new home for it as he was breaking out in hives from it. (yeah, it had a home as soon as she saw it) So two new kitties, arrived home at 4 weeks and are now 10 weeks.
Watching these two babies learn to live with us, 3 large dogs and 4 other cats, and various foster dogs has been fun. What they have learned ( and me too) is:
1. Keep pouncing! Eventually you will hit your target...even if you miss 100 x.
2. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. If a 2# kitty can stand down a 100# dog, I can stand up to those peeps who are negatives in my life.
3. Eat healthy, but enjoy an occasional treat. The purr that comes from a bite of chicken or from a bite of cheese = pure joy!
4.Set goals... the kitties can now make it to the top of the cat tree. I can make it to goal if I keep growing as a person and developing my tools to succeed.
5. Try new things...wet dog food is yummy and so is ice cream! Baths aren't so great but the cuddles afterwards are fine. Tells me to be open to new foods and new experiences.
6. Stay physically and mentally active. Then enjoy a goods night sleep!
What have your fur-babies taught you?
| Pounds lost: 99.0