yes I knew someone who had an exotic nut allergy, she was at a party and someone ordered a piece of cake, they didn't want the rest of it so they cut the piece in half and put it in the middle of the table for anyone else to eat. The girl just took a lick of the frosting (didn't know it was hazelnut frosting) she left shortly later with BF she was having trouble breathing and when he looked at her , her head swelled 2 sizes larger, he stopped at a fire department they rushed her in but she ended up dying...
Very sad she left behind 2 little kids too all because she wasn't aware it was hazelnut frosting on the cake.
Just like when you go to the doctors and they ask if you have a latex allergy, I use to work at an OB GYN and the doctor moved a patient out of a room that was latex free, not thinking and used latex gloves on her (she was pregnant at the time to, she figured she'd do a ultra sound on her) the woman had to be rushed to the hospital , couldn't breathe they had to deliver the baby give a c section (they tried to pin it on the poor medical assistant , but she did everything right it was the doctors fault at least the doctor admitted it was her fault) .... she ended up okay and the baby too but it was scary....
Starting to like the new me!
Waiting for my garden to come to life!